- 1Steve Irwin was the beloved host of "The Crocodile Hunter," a hugely popular nature documentary series in which he encountered crocodiles and other dangerous outback animals. The show was hugely popular and spawned multiple spinoff series' and even a feature length film. While filming another documentary series about dangerous underwater creatures, Irwin was stabbed in the heart by a stingray and bled out shortly afterward. He is survived by his wife Terri and his daughter Bindi, who continue to work with animals.
Profession: Conservationist, Actor, Zoologist, Voice acting, Naturalist + 2 more
Birthplace: Essendon, Australia
Institution: Landsborough State School, Caloundra State High School
Date Of Death: 2006
Cause Of Death: Stingray injury
Place Of Death: Batt Reef
Steve Irwin : see more
- 2Timothy Treadwell was the self-proclaimed bear expert who was the subject of the 2005 documentary "Grizzly Man." Treadwell spent years filming himself observing and even sometimes approaching several grizzly bears in Katmai National Park. After around 13 years of doing so, he and his girlfriend were mauled, torn apart, and partially eaten by a bear while the camera recorded audio. The audio is not included in the film, because director Werner Herzog found it too disturbing.
Profession: Environmentalist, Film Producer, Actor
Birthplace: Long Island, New York, United States of America
Institution: Bradley University, Connetquot High School
Date Of Death: 2003
Cause Of Death: Animal attack
Place Of Death: Katmai National Park and Preserve, Alaska, United States of America
Timothy Treadwell : see more
- 3Diane Whipple is a lacrosse player who made headlines when she was mauled and killed by two dogs owned by her neighbors. Whipple lived in a San Fransico apartment building and was coming home with groceries when her neighbors pit bulls got loose and viciously tore her apart. The pit bulls were being trained as part of an illegal dog-fighting ring, which was most likely the reason for their aggression. She died that day, January 26, 2001, in the hospital from massive blood loss.
Birthplace: Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
Institution: Pennsylvania State University
Date Of Death: 2001
Cause Of Death: Animal attack
Place Of Death: California, United States of America
Diane Whipple : see more
- 4Surinder Singh Bajwa was the Deputy Mayor of Dehli. He was elected into office in April of 2007, but tragically died later that year in October. Bajwa's tragic death was caused by a large swarm of Rhesus Macaques monkeys at his home. The monkeys caused him to fall from the second floor balcony, causing massive head injuries and eventually his death.
Date Of Death: 2007
Cause Of Death: Animal attack, Accidental fall
Surinder Singh Bajwa : see more
- 5George Went Hensley is an American minister who popularized the literal interpretation of "snake handling" from the Bible. He believed that a true believer who was free of sin would be able to handle poisonous snakes without being bitten. Multiple people were bit and killed by snakes during his sermons, all of which Harmon described as "messages from God" meant to test the faith of the congregation. On July 24, 1955, Hensley was bit by a 5-foot viper he was trying to put into a jar. He became immediately ill but refused treatment, a decision which killed him later that day.
Birthplace: East Tennessee, Tennessee, United States of America
Date Of Death: 1955
Cause Of Death: Snakebite, Animal attack
Place Of Death: Florida, United States of America
George Went Hensley : see more
items 1 - 5 of 23