- 1David Carradine was an American actor who became famous for his role in the 1970s television series Kung Fu. He went on to star in over 100 feature films including the 2003 Quentin Tarantino film Kill Bill, in which he played the titular character. In 2009, Carradine was found dead in his hotel room while filming a movie in Bangkok, Thailand. The actor was nude with a rope around his neck. Doctors ruled his death an "accidental asphyxiation."
David Carradine was an American actor and martial artist, best known for his leading role as a warrior monk, Kwai Chang Caine, in the 1970s television series Kung Fu. He was a member of a productive acting family that began with his father, John Carradine. His acting career, which included major and ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 73 (1936-2009)
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, Hollywood, California
- Profession: Television director, Television producer, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Film Producer, + more
- Credits: Kill Bill: Vol. 2, Kung Fu: The Legend Continues, Kill Bill: Vol. 1, Kung Fu
- 2Albert Dekker was a famous actor and politician who was known for the films, The Wild Bunch, Dr. Cyclops and The Killers. During the McCarthy era, he spoke out against Joseph McCarthy's tactics and was blacklisted from Hollywood for years. In 1968 he was found dead in his Hollywood home, naked, kneeling in the bathtub, with a noose tightly wrapped around his neck. He was blindfolded, his wrists were handcuffed, there was a ball gag in his mouth, and two hypodermic needles were inserted in one arm. His body was covered in explicit words and drawings in red lipstick.
Albert Dekker was an American character actor and politician best known for his roles in Dr. Cyclops, The Killers, Kiss Me Deadly, and The Wild Bunch. He is sometimes credited as Albert Van Dekker or Albert van Dekker.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 63 (1905-1968)
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York
- Profession: Politician, Actor
- Credits: The Wild Bunch, Kiss Me Deadly, Gentleman's Agreement, East of Eden, Gamera, + more
- 3There is a lot of controversy surrounding the death of Australian musician Michael Hutchence. The lead singer of INXS had a history of depression and substance abuse, and was going through a difficult time with his daughter. He was found on November 22, 1997 with a belt around his neck, kneeling on the ground. Coroners declared it a suicide, but many fans and people close to the musician think it may have been an accidental death.
Michael Kelland John Hutchence was an Australian musician and actor. He was a founding member, lead singer and lyricist of rock band INXS from 1977 until his death in 1997. Hutchence was a member of short-lived pop rock group Max Q and recorded solo material which was released posthumously. He acted in ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 37 (1960-1997)
- Birthplace: Sydney, Australia
- Profession: Songwriter, Musician, Actor, Singer
- Credits: Donnie Darko, Face/Off, Batman Forever, Monster
- 4Hide was a well known Japanese singer and songwriter who was famous for being in the bands X Japan an Zilch. On May 2, 1998 after a night of drinking, he was found hanged in his hotel bathroom with a towel around his neck. His death was so widely publicized, teenage fans began to kill themselves in similar copycat suicides. There is speculation about the singer's death due to the fact that there was no suicide note. Many people believe his death may have been the result of autoerotic asphyxiation.
Hideto Matsumoto, better known by his stage name hide, was a Japanese musician, singer and songwriter. He was primarily known for his work as lead guitarist of the heavy metal band X Japan, but was also a successful solo artist and co-founder of the United States-based band Zilch. He sold millions of ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 34 (1964-1998)
- Birthplace: Yokosuka, Kantō region, East Asia, Honshu, Asia, + more
- Profession: Guitarist, Songwriter, Musician, Singer
- Credits: Seth et Holth
Stephen MilliganStephen Milligan was a Conservative British politician and journalist. He was found dead on February 7, 1994 by his secretrary. According to reports, Milligan was naked except for women's stockings, had an extension cord around his neck, a plastic bag over his head, and an orange slice in his mouth. His death was ruled as an accidental death.
Stephen David Wyatt Milligan was a British Conservative politician and journalist. He held a number of senior journalistic posts until his election to serve as Member of Parliament for Eastleigh in 1992. He was found dead in his flat in Chiswick, London, in February 1994, apparently self-strangled by ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 46 (1948-1994)
- Birthplace: Godalming, United Kingdom
- Profession: Journalist
- 6Vaughn Bodé was a cartoonist and illustrator who created the character Cheech Wizard. Bodé enjoyed sexual experimentation and considered himself to be auto-sexual, heterosexual, homosexual, mano-sexual, sado-sexual, trans-sexual, uni-sexual and omni-sexual. He died due to autoerotic asphyxiation on July 18, 1975.
Vaughn Bodē was an underground cartoonist and illustrator known for his character Cheech Wizard and his artwork depicting voluptuous women. A contemporary of animator Ralph Bakshi, Bodē has been credited as an influence on the films Wizards and Bakshi's The Lord of the Rings. Bodē has a huge following ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 34 (1941-1975)
- Birthplace: Utica, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Comic book creator
- 7Kevin Gilbert was a musician who worked with such artists as Madonna, Michael Jackson and Eddie Money. He died as the result of auto-erotic asphyxiation on May 17, 1996. He was found with a black hood over his face with a leather strap, that was connected to the headboard, around his neck.
Kevin Matthew Gilbert was an American songwriter, musician, composer, producer and collaborator. Gilbert's second solo album, The Shaming of the True, was released posthumously.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 30 (1966-1996)
- Birthplace: Sacramento, California, United States of America
- Profession: Musician
- Credits: My Teacher's Wife
Frantisek KotzwaraFrantisek Kotzwara was a composer in the 1700s, most famous for his song "The Battle of Prague," which was a favorite of Mark Twain. On September 2, 1971, he visited a prostitute and paid her 2 schillings to cut off his testicles, which she declined to do. He then tied a noose around his neck and proceeded to have sex with her until he was dead. This is one of the first known instances of Autoerotic Asphyxiation.
František Kočvara, known later in England as Frantisek Kotzwara, was a Czech violist, virtuoso double bassist and composer. He is perhaps more famous for the notorious nature of his death.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 61 (1730-1791)
- Birthplace: Prague, Czech Republic
G Options B Comments & Embed