- River Phoenix was an American actor who appeared in the film "Stand By Me." He died of a heroin overdose on October 31, 1993 at the age of 23. He died on the street in front of Johnny Depp's club The Viper Room where he was scheduled to perform. His brother Joaquin, sister Rain and friend Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) were present when he died.
River Jude Phoenix was an American actor, musician, and activist. He was the older brother of Rain Phoenix, Joaquin Phoenix, Summer Phoenix, and Liberty Phoenix. Phoenix's work encompassed 24 films and television appearances, including the science fiction adventure film Explorers, the coming-of-age film ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 23 (1970-1993)
- Birthplace: Madras, Oregon, United States of America
- Profession: Activist, Guitarist, Environmentalist, Musician, Singer-songwriter, + more
- Credits: Stand by Me, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, My Own Private Idaho, The Mosquito Coast
- John Belushi was an American comedic actor who appeared in the film "Animal House." After a night of partying in Hollywood, he overdosed after injecting a combination of heroin and cocaine into his bloodstream. On March 5, 1982, he was found dead at the Chateau Marmont where he was staying. Belushi was 33 years old.
John Adam Belushi was an American comedian, actor, and musician. He is best known for his "intense energy and raucous attitude" which he displayed as one of the original cast members of the NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live, in his role in the film Animal House and in his recordings and ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 33 (1949-1982)
- Birthplace: USA, Chicago, Humboldt Park, Illinois
- Profession: Comedian, Musician, Screenwriter, Actor
- Credits: The Blues Brothers, Saturday Night Live, Animal House, 1941
- Chris Farley was a comedic actor who appeared in the film "Tommy Boy." On December 18, 1997, Farley overdosed on a combination of heroin and cocaine. He was 33 years old.
Christopher Crosby "Chris" Farley was an American comedian and actor. Farley was known for his loud, energetic comedic style, and was a member of Chicago's Second City Theatre and cast member of the NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live between 1990 and 1995. Farley and Chris Rock were introduced ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 33 (1964-1997)
- Birthplace: Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Profession: Stunt Performer, Comedian, Actor
- Credits: Tommy Boy, Beverly Hills Ninja, Black Sheep, Wayne's World 2
- Janis Joplin was an American musician who had a number one hit with the song "Me and Bobby McGee." Joplin struggled with drug and alcohol addiction for much of her life. On October 4, 1970, she died of a heroin overdose. She was 27 years old.
Janis Lyn Joplin was an American singer-songwriter who first rose to fame in the late 1960s as the lead singer of the psychedelic-acid rock band Big Brother and the Holding Company, and later as a solo artist with her own backing groups, The Kozmic Blues Band and The Full Tilt Boogie Band. Her first ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 27 (1943-1970)
- Birthplace: Texas, USA, Port Arthur
- Profession: Songwriter, Singer
- Credits: Three Kings^! The Dreamers^! Watchmen^! Little White Lies
- Philip Seymour Hoffman was an American actor who was in the film "Capote." He died of an overdose of heroin and other drugs on February 2, 2014 at the age of 46. Hoffman had been sober for 23 years prior to 2012 when he relapsed.
Philip Seymour Hoffman was an American actor, director, and producer of film and theater. Best known for his supporting and character roles – typically lowlifes, bullies, and misfits – Hoffman was a regular presence in films from the early 1990s until his death at age 46. Drawn to theater as a teenager, ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 47 (1967-2014)
- Birthplace: Fairport, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Theatre Director, Film Producer, Actor, Voice acting
- Credits: Capote, Doubt, Charlie Wilson's War, The Master
- Jim Morrison was an American musician who was the singer of The Doors. On July 3, 1971, Morrison died when he suffered cardiac arrest due to heroin and cocaine use. There was no autopsy done, so the exact details still remain a mystery. Morrison was 27 years old.
James Douglas "Jim" Morrison was an American singer, poet and songwriter best remembered as the lead vocalist of the Doors. Due to his songwriting, baritone voice, wild personality and performances, he is regarded by critics and fans as one of the most iconic and influential frontmen in rock music ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 28 (1943-1971)
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Poet, Songwriter, Musician, Screenwriter, + more
- Credits: Cast Away, The Doors, Minions, Girl, Interrupted
- Sid Vicious was a British musician who played bass in the band The Sex Pistols. On February 2, 1979, he died of a heroin overdose that may have been intentional. He was charged with the murder of his girlfriend Nancy Spungen at the time of his death. Vicious was 21 years old.
Sid Vicious, born John Simon Ritchie, later named John Beverley, was an English bass guitarist, drummer and vocalist, most famous as a member of the influential punk group the Sex Pistols, and notorious for his arrest for the murder of girlfriend Nancy Spungen. Vicious joined the Sex Pistols in early ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 22 (1957-1979)
- Birthplace: Lewisham, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Bassist, Songwriter, Musician, Composer, Singer
- Credits: Goodfellas, The Astronaut's Wife, Sid and Nancy, The Filth and the Fury
- Mitch Hedberg was an American stand-up comedian who had a cult following and made several appearances on "The Late Show with David Letterman." On March 29, 2005, he was found dead with cocaine and heroin both being found in his system. Hedberg was 37 years old.
Mitchell Lee "Mitch" Hedberg was an American stand-up comedian known for his surreal humor and unconventional comedic delivery. His comedy typically featured short, sometimes one-line jokes mixed with absurd elements and non sequiturs. Hedberg's comedy and onstage persona gained him a cult following, ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 37 (1968-2005)
- Birthplace: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States of America
- Profession: Comedian, Actor
- Credits: Almost Famous^! Lords of Dogtown^! Los Enchiladas!^! Saddle Rash
G Options B Comments & Embed