- 1River Phoenix was an American actor who appeared in the film "Stand By Me." He died of a heroin overdose on October 31, 1993 at the age of 23. He died on the street in front of Johnny Depp's club The Viper Room where he was scheduled to perform. His brother Joaquin, sister Rain and friend Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers) were present when he died.
Profession: Activist, Guitarist, Environmentalist, Musician, Singer-songwriter + 1 more
Birthplace: Madras, Oregon, United States of America
Cause Of Death: Heart failure, Drug overdose, Cocaine overdose, Heroin overdose, Combined drug intoxication
Place Of Death: West Hollywood, California, United States of America
River Phoenix : see more
- 2John Belushi was an American comedic actor who appeared in the film "Animal House." After a night of partying in Hollywood, he overdosed after injecting a combination of heroin and cocaine into his bloodstream. On March 5, 1982, he was found dead at the Chateau Marmont where he was staying. Belushi was 33 years old.
Profession: Comedian, Musician, Screenwriter, Actor
Birthplace: Humboldt Park, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Institution: College of DuPage, Wheaton Warrenville South High School, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
Cause Of Death: Heroin overdose
Place Of Death: West Hollywood, Hollywood, Florida, United States of America
John Belushi : see more
- 3Chris Farley was a comedic actor who appeared in the film "Tommy Boy." On December 18, 1997, Farley overdosed on a combination of heroin and cocaine. He was 33 years old.
Profession: Stunt Performer, Comedian, Actor
Birthplace: Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
Institution: Edgewood High School of the Sacred Heart, Marquette University
Major/Field Of Study: Communication, Theatre
Cause Of Death: Drug overdose, Morphine, Heroin overdose
Place Of Death: Near North Side, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Chris Farley : see more
- 4Janis Joplin was an American musician who had a number one hit with the song "Me and Bobby McGee." Joplin struggled with drug and alcohol addiction for much of her life. On October 4, 1970, she died of a heroin overdose. She was 27 years old.
Profession: Songwriter, Singer
Birthplace: Port Arthur, Texas, United States of America
Institution: University of Texas at Austin, Memorial High School, Lamar University
Cause Of Death: Heroin overdose
Place Of Death: Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Janis Joplin : see more
- 5Philip Seymour Hoffman was an American actor who was in the film "Capote." He died of an overdose of heroin and other drugs on February 2, 2014 at the age of 46. Hoffman had been sober for 23 years prior to 2012 when he relapsed.
Profession: Theatre Director, Film Producer, Actor, Voice acting
Birthplace: Fairport, New York, United States of America
Institution: Fairport High School, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University
Major/Field Of Study: Drama
Cause Of Death: Combined drug intoxication
Place Of Death: West Village, New York City, New York, United States of America
Philip Seymour Hoffman : see more
items 1 - 5 of 72