- 1T. E. Lawrence is probably most well-known by his nickname "Lawrence of Arabia," and the biographical film of the same name. He was a British officer who fought against the Ottoman Empire in the Arab Revolt. Even after avoiding death in war, he still managed to meet his maker in a tragic motorcycle accident after swerving to avoid a boy on a bicycle.
Thomas Edward Lawrence CB DSO was an archaeologist and British Army officer renowned especially for his liaison role during the Sinai and Palestine Campaign, and the Arab Revolt against Ottoman Turkish rule of 1916–18. The breadth and variety of his activities and associations, and his ability to ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 47 (1888-1935)
- Birthplace: Tremadog, United Kingdom
- Profession: Military Officer, Writer
- Credits: Lawrence of Arabia
- 2Duane Allman was one half of the 1970s rock band The Allman Brothers until his untimely death at age 24. On October 21, 1971, Allman swerved out of the way of a truck which stopped suddenly. His motorcycle shot up in the air and landed on him, crushing him to death. The band continues to perform with the surviving brothers.
Howard Duane Allman was an American guitarist, session musician, co-founder and leader of the The Allman Brothers Band until his death in a motorcycle accident in 1971 at the age of 24. The Allman Brothers Band was formed in 1969 and based in the Southeastern United States. In the early 1970s, the band ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 25 (1946-1971)
- Birthplace: Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
- Profession: Guitarist, Songwriter, Musician
- 3Berry Oakley was a bassist for the classic rock band The Allman Brothers. Even though his fellow bandmember Duane Allman had died in a tragic motorcycle accident, he continued to ride his. After taking a sharp turn on November 11, 1972, only a few blocks from where Allman crashed, Oakley hit a city bus and fractured his skull. He died three hours later. He left behind a son, Berry Duane Oakley, who is a musician as well.
Raymond Berry Oakley III, was an American bassist and one of the founding members of The Allman Brothers Band.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 24 (1948-1972)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Profession: Bassist, Musician
- 4Luc Bourdon was a professional hockey player for the Vancouver Canucks. On May 29, 2008 he was involved in a fatal motorcycle crash with a tractor trailer in which he was killed instantly. Investigators believe that the high winds along with his inexperience with motorcycles contributed to his death.
Joseph Luc Bourdon was a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who played for the Vancouver Canucks of the National Hockey League and their American Hockey League affiliate, the Manitoba Moose, from 2006 until 2008. After overcoming childhood arthritis, he was selected third overall in the 2003 ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 21 (1987-2008)
- Birthplace: Shippagan, Canada
- Profession: Ice Hockey Player
- 5Diego Corrales was an American boxer, lightweight champion, and super featherweight champion. On May 7, 2007, Corrales crashed his motorcycle while trying to pass a car and died immediately. His blood alcohol content was three times the legal limit at the time.
Diego "Chico" Corrales was an American boxer. He was the WBC, WBO, & The Ring lightweight champion, and the WBO & IBF super featherweight champion. In 2005, Corrales received the prestigious The Ring & Boxing Writers Association of America's Fight of the Year awards for his acclaimed lightweight bout ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 30 (1977-2007)
- Birthplace: Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America
- Profession: Professional Boxer
- 6Pete de Freitas was a musician and producer. He was the drummer in the band Echo and the Bunnymen, and performed on their first five albums. In 1989 at the young age of 27, he collided with a car on his motorcycle and was killed. He is survived by his only daughter Lucie-Marie de Freitas.
Peter Louis Vincent de Freitas was a musician and producer. He was the drummer in Echo & the Bunnymen, and performed on their first five albums. De Freitas was born in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, and educated by the Benedictines at Downside School. His father, Denis, was a copyright lawyer. He ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 28 (1961-1989)
- Birthplace: Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
- Profession: Drummer
- 7Don Rich was a famous country musician who was responsible for creating the signature "Bakersfield sound" of the early 60s country music scene. On July 17, 1974, he was killed in a mysterious motorcycle accident. Rich seemed to have hit the center divider for no reason. There were no skid marks or other contributing factors that led to the accident and to this day the reason for his crash is unknown.
Donald Eugene Ulrich, best known by the stage name Don Rich was a country musician who helped develop the Bakersfield sound in the early 1960s. He was a noted guitarist and fiddler, and a member of the The Buckaroos, the backing band of country singer Buck Owens.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 33 (1941-1974)
- Birthplace: Olympia, Washington, United States of America
- Profession: Guitarist, Musician, Fiddler
Maurice Martenot was a French cellist, a radio telegrapher during the first World War, and an inventor. Born in Paris, he is best known for his invention of the ondes Martenot, an instrument he first realized in 1928 and spent decades improving. He unveiled a microtonal model in 1938. He also was ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 82 (1898-1980)
- Birthplace: Paris, France
- Profession: Inventor, Cellist
- 10Leo Ford was a gay pornographic actor who dated the drag queen and actor Divine. He had a starring role in the erotic film "Games" in which he plays a motorcycle driver who gets in an accident that leaves him in a coma. Years later while riding a motorcycle in real life, he was hit by a car and died.
Leo Ford, born Leo John Hilgeford, was an American pornographic actor who appeared in gay pornographic films and bisexual pornographic movies and magazines in the 1980s. He was born in Dayton, Ohio.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 34 (1957-1991)
- Birthplace: Dayton, Ohio, United States of America
- Profession: Pornographic actor
- Credits: Games, Flashbacks, Passion by Fire, Summer of Scott Noll, The Best of Leo Ford, + more
- 11Steven Stayner was an ordinary teenage boy who was put through horrific circumstances when he was abducted by child-molester Kenneth Parnell and forced to live with him as his "son" for over seven years. After finally escaping when Parnell was arrested, he began living a normal life with a wife and children. In 1989, he smashed his motorcycle into a car backing out of a driveway and died of a fractured skull.
Steven Gregory Stayner was an American kidnap victim. Stayner was abducted from the Central California city and county of Merced, California at the age of seven and held until he was 14, when he escaped and rescued another victim, Timothy White, in 1980. Stayner died in 1989 in a motorcycle accident ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 24 (1965-1989)
- Birthplace: Merced, California, United States of America
- 14Marcelo Fromer was the leader and founder of the Brazilian rock band Titãs, one of the most popular bands in the country. On June 11, 2001 he was run over by a man riding a motorcycle who eventually fled the scene. Fromer's head was struck by the driver's helmet, and he succumbed to his injuries at the hospital.
Marcelo Fromer was the guitarist of Brazilian rock band Titãs. One of the founding members and also the band's manager, he died in 2001, after being hit by a motorcycle while jogging.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 40 (1961-2001)
- Birthplace: São Paulo, Brazil
- Profession: Songwriter, Composer
Boy CapelBoy Capel was the lover of iconic fashion designer Coco Chanel. He was a professional polo player and served as Chanel's artistic muse. In 1919, on his way to celebrate Christmas with Chanel, his motorcycle was struck by a car, killing him.
Captain Arthur Edward "Boy" Capel CBE was an English polo player, possibly best-remembered for being a lover and muse of fashion designer Coco Chanel.moremore ABOUT
- Profession: Businessperson
Jarno Karl Keimo Saarinen was a Finnish Grand Prix motorcycle road racer. He is the only Finn to win a road racing world championship. Saarinen died as a consequence of a crash involving another rider when racing in Italy.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 28 (1945-1973)
- Birthplace: Turku, Finland
Lee EonLee Eon was a Korean model and actor who had just begun his promising film career when he was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident that broke his neck.
Lee Eon was a South Korean actor and model.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 27 (1981-2008)
- Birthplace: South Korea
- Profession: Model
- Credits: Like a Virgin
Shane CrossShane Cross was an Australian skateboarder who gained global fame and prominence in the early 2000s. He was considered one of the best young skaters to ever come out of the region and was featured in several skating publications. On MArch 7, 2007, Cross was a passenger on fellow skater Ali Boulala's motorcycle when they crashed into a hotel wall. Cross was killed while Boulala suffered injuries. Both skaters were drunk at the time of the crash.
Shane Cross was an Australian street skateboarder from the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Cross gained global prominence within the skateboarding community during the mid-2000s, before his death in a motorcycle crash when he was 20.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 21 (1986-2007)
- Birthplace: Gold Coast, Australia
- 19Mitch Lucker was the founder and lead singer of the deathcore band Suicide Silence. Ironically, he unintentionally committed suicide when he crashed his motorcycle on November 1, 2012.
Mitchell Adam "Mitch" Lucker was an American musician and lead singer for the band Suicide Silence.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 28 (1984-2012)
- Birthplace: Riverside, California, United States of America
- Profession: Musician
Jack VestJack Vest was an American football player and referee. He officiated games in the NFL for many years until he was killed in a motorcycle crash in 1972.
Jack Vest was an American athlete. He was a 12 letter man for East Tennessee State, winning honors in football, basketball and baseball between the years 1946-50. He is also to be found numerous times in the Buccaneer record book. He was an outstanding quarterback in football and averaged between 15-20 ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 46 (1926-1972)
G Options B Comments & Embed