- 1Gilda Radner was an American comedic actress who appeared on the television series "Saturday Night Live." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1986. She went into remission for a period of time before the cancer returned in December 1988. She died on May 20, 1989 at the age of 42 with her husband Gene Wilder at her side.
Gilda Susan Radner was an American comedian and actress. She was best remembered as an original cast member of the hit NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live, for which she won an Emmy Award in 1978. moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 43 (1946-1989)
- Birthplace: Michigan, USA, Detroit
- Profession: Comedian, Screenwriter, Actor
- Credits: Saturday Night Live^! Haunted Honeymoon^! Animalympics^! The Woman in Red
- 2Madeline Kahn was an American actress who appeared in the film "Young Frankenstein." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1998 and died on December 3, 1999. Kahn was 57 years old.
Madeline Kahn was an American actress, comedienne and singer. A two-time Academy Award nominee, she also won an Emmy Award and a Tony Award. Kahn made her Broadway debut in Leonard Sillman's New Faces of 1968. She received Tony Award nominations for the 1973 original Broadway production of Boom Boom ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 57 (1942-1999)
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Profession: Comedian, Actor, Voice acting, Singer
- Credits: Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, A Bug's Life, Clue
- 3Dinah Shore was an American singer and actress who appeared in the film "Up in Arms." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1993 and died on February 24, 1994. Shore died a few days before turning 78.
Dinah Shore was an American singer, actress, television personality, and the top-charting female vocalist of the 1940s. She reached the height of her popularity as a recording artist during the Big Band era of the 1940s and 1950s, but achieved even greater success a decade later, in television, mainly ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 78 (1916-1994)
- Birthplace: Tennessee, USA, Winchester
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Presenter, TV Personality
- Credits: Dinah!^! Fun & Fancy Free^! The Dinah Shore Chevy Show^! Oh^! God!
- 4Coretta Scott King was a civil rights leader and the widow of Martin Luther King, Jr. She had a number of heath problems later in life including heart disease and a series of strokes. She died from respiratory illness complicated by ovarian cancer on January 30, 2006. King was 78 years old.
Coretta Scott King was an American author, activist, and civil rights leader. Coretta Scott King helped lead the African-American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s. King was an active advocate for African-American equality. King met Martin Luther King, Jr. while in college and their participation ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 79 (1927-2006)
- Birthplace: Heiberger, Alabama, United States of America
- Profession: Civil rights activist, Author, Singer, Women's rights activist, Writer, + more
- Credits: Half Past Autumn, In Remembrance of Martin, A Moment in Time: Conversations with Legendary Women: Legends & Leaders
- 5Loretta Young was an American actress who appeared in the film "The Farmer's Daughter." She died from ovarian cancer on August 12, 2000 at the age of 87.
Loretta Young was an American actress. Starting as a child actress, she had a long and varied career in film from 1917 to 1953. She won the 1948 best actress Academy Award for her role in the 1947 film The Farmer's Daughter, and received an Oscar nomination for her role in Come to the Stable, in 1949.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 87 (1913-2000)
- Birthplace: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: The Loretta Young Show^! The Stranger^! The Bishop's Wife^! Come to the Stable
- 6Rosalind Franklin was a British biophysicist who worked on the X-ray diffraction images of DNA. She was diagnosed with cancer in 1956. She underwent several treatments to try to beat the disease, but she died on April 16, 1958 at the age of 37.
Rosalind Elsie Franklin was an English chemist and X-ray crystallographer who made critical contributions to the understanding of the fine molecular structures of DNA, RNA, viruses, coal, and graphite. Although her works on coal and viruses were appreciated in her lifetime, her DNA work posthumously ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 38 (1920-1958)
- Birthplace: Notting Hill, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Physicist, Chemist, Scientist
- 7Wangari Maathai was a Kenyan environmental and political activist who served in Parliament. She died on September 25, 2011 from ovarian cancer at the age of 71. She continued to work up until her death.
Wangari Muta Maathai was a Kenyan environmental and political activist. She was educated in the United States at Mount St. Scholastica and the University of Pittsburgh, as well as the University of Nairobi in Kenya. In the 1970s, Maathai founded the Green Belt Movement, an environmental non-governmental ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 71 (1940-2011)
- Birthplace: Tetu, Kenya
- Profession: Politician, Environmentalist, Political Activist, Writer
- 8Diana Dors was an English actress who appeared in the film "Diamond City." She was diagnosed with cancer in the early 1980s. She died on May 4, 1984 at the age of 52.
Diana Dors was an English actress. She first came to public notice as a ‘blonde bombshell’ of the Monroe style, as promoted by her first husband, Dennis Hamilton, mostly via sex film-comedies and risqué modelling. When it turned out that Hamilton had been defrauding her for his own benefit, she had ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 53 (1931-1984)
- Birthplace: Swindon, United Kingdom
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: Blonde Sinner, Queenie's Castle, A Kid for Two Farthings, Tread Softly Stranger
G Options B Comments & Embed