- 1Gilda Radner was an American comedic actress who appeared on the television series "Saturday Night Live." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1986. She went into remission for a period of time before the cancer returned in December 1988. She died on May 20, 1989 at the age of 42 with her husband Gene Wilder at her side.
Gilda Susan Radner was an American comedian and actress. She was best remembered as an original cast member of the hit NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live, for which she won an Emmy Award in 1978.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 43 (1946-1989)
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
- Profession: Comedian, Screenwriter, Actor
- Credits: Saturday Night Live, The Last Detail, The Woman in Red, The Rutles, Haunted Honeymoon, + more
- 2Madeline Kahn was an American actress who appeared in the film "Young Frankenstein." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1998 and died on December 3, 1999. Kahn was 57 years old.
Madeline Kahn was an American actress, comedienne and singer. A two-time Academy Award nominee, she also won an Emmy Award and a Tony Award. Kahn made her Broadway debut in Leonard Sillman's New Faces of 1968. She received Tony Award nominations for the 1973 original Broadway production of Boom Boom ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 57 (1942-1999)
- Birthplace: Boston, USA, Massachusetts
- Profession: Comedian, Actor, Voice acting, Singer
- Credits: Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, A Bug's Life, The Muppet Movie, Clue, + more
- 3Dinah Shore was an American singer and actress who appeared in the film "Up in Arms." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1993 and died on February 24, 1994. Shore died a few days before turning 78.
Dinah Shore was an American singer, actress, television personality, and the top-charting female vocalist of the 1940s. She reached the height of her popularity as a recording artist during the Big Band era of the 1940s and 1950s, but achieved even greater success a decade later, in television, mainly ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 78 (1916-1994)
- Birthplace: Winchester, Tennessee, United States of America
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Presenter, TV Personality
- Credits: Make Mine Music, Fun and Fancy Free, Oh, God!, Thank Your Lucky Stars, + more
- 4Coretta Scott King was a civil rights leader and the widow of Martin Luther King, Jr. She had a number of heath problems later in life including heart disease and a series of strokes. She died from respiratory illness complicated by ovarian cancer on January 30, 2006. King was 78 years old.
Coretta Scott King was an American author, activist, and civil rights leader. Coretta Scott King helped lead the African-American Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s. King was an active advocate for African-American equality. King met Martin Luther King, Jr. while in college and their participation ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 79 (1927-2006)
- Birthplace: Heiberger, Alabama, United States of America
- Profession: Civil rights activist, Author, Singer, Women's rights activist, Writer, + more
- Credits: Half Past Autumn, In Remembrance of Martin, A Moment in Time: Conversations with Legendary Women: Legends & Leaders
- 5Loretta Young was an American actress who appeared in the film "The Farmer's Daughter." She died from ovarian cancer on August 12, 2000 at the age of 87.
Loretta Young was an American actress. Starting as a child actress, she had a long and varied career in film from 1917 to 1953. She won the 1948 best actress Academy Award for her role in the 1947 film The Farmer's Daughter, and received an Oscar nomination for her role in Come to the Stable, in 1949.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 87 (1913-2000)
- Birthplace: USA, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: The Bishop's Wife, The Stranger, The Farmer's Daughter, Along Came Jones, Eternally Yours, + more
- 6Rosalind Franklin was a British biophysicist who worked on the X-ray diffraction images of DNA. She was diagnosed with cancer in 1956. She underwent several treatments to try to beat the disease, but she died on April 16, 1958 at the age of 37.
Rosalind Elsie Franklin was an English chemist and X-ray crystallographer who made critical contributions to the understanding of the fine molecular structures of DNA, RNA, viruses, coal, and graphite. Although her works on coal and viruses were appreciated in her lifetime, her DNA work posthumously ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 38 (1920-1958)
- Birthplace: Notting Hill, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Physicist, Chemist, Scientist
- 7Wangari Maathai was a Kenyan environmental and political activist who served in Parliament. She died on September 25, 2011 from ovarian cancer at the age of 71. She continued to work up until her death.
Wangari Muta Maathai was a Kenyan environmental and political activist. She was educated in the United States at Mount St. Scholastica and the University of Pittsburgh, as well as the University of Nairobi in Kenya. In the 1970s, Maathai founded the Green Belt Movement, an environmental non-governmental ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 71 (1940-2011)
- Birthplace: Tetu, Kenya
- Profession: Politician, Environmentalist, Political Activist, Writer
- 8Diana Dors was an English actress who appeared in the film "Diamond City." She was diagnosed with cancer in the early 1980s. She died on May 4, 1984 at the age of 52.
Diana Dors was an English actress. She first came to public notice as a ‘blonde bombshell’ of the Monroe style, as promoted by her first husband, Dennis Hamilton, mostly via sex film-comedies and risqué modelling. When it turned out that Hamilton had been defrauding her for his own benefit, she had ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 53 (1931-1984)
- Birthplace: Swindon, United Kingdom
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: Hannie Caulder, Oliver Twist, There's a Girl in My Soup, Berserk!, From Beyond the Grave, + more
- 9Suzanne Mizzi was a British model who worked with Vivienne Westwood. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2010 and died on May 22, 2011. Mizzi was 43 years old.
Suzanne Mizzi (born 1 December 1967 on the Mediterranean island of Malta), is a former glamour model.Suzanne posed topless but never fully nude, she didn't even drop her pants for a playboy shoot She made regular appearances as a Page Three girl in the British newspaper The Sun during the 1980s and ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 44 (1967-2011)
- Birthplace: Malta
- Profession: Nude Glamour Model, Model
- 10Jessica Tandy was a British-American actress who appeared in the film "Driving Miss Daisy." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1990 and died on September 11, 1994. Tandy was 85 years old.
Jessica Alice Tandy was a British-American stage and film actress, who spent most of her 67-year career in the United States. She appeared in over 100 stage productions and had more than 60 roles in film and TV. Born in London to a headmistress and a travelling salesman, she made her professional debut ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 85 (1909-1994)
- Birthplace: London Borough of Hackney, London, England
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: The Birds, Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Cocoon, Batteries Not Included, + more
- 11Joan Hackett was an American actress who appeared in the film "Only When I Laugh." She died on October 8, 1983 from ovarian cancer at the age of 49. Both of her parents also died from cancer.
Joan Ann Hackett was an American actress of film, stage and television. For the 1981 film Only When I Laugh, she won a Golden Globe Award and received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress. She also received a Best Foreign Actress BAFTA Award nomination for the 1966 film The Group.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 49 (1934-1983)
- Birthplace: East Harlem, New York City, USA, New York
- Profession: Model, Actor
- Credits: The Last of Sheila, Support Your Local Sheriff!, Only When I Laugh, The Defenders, Will Penny, + more
- 12Sandy Dennis was an American actress who appeared in the film "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?." She died from ovarian cancer on March 2, 1992 at the age of 54.
Sandra Dale “Sandy” Dennis was an American theater and film actress. At the height of her career in the 1960s she won two Tony Awards, as well as an Oscar for her performance in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 55 (1937-1992)
- Birthplace: Hastings, Nebraska, United States of America
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Splendor in the Grass, The Out-of-Towners, Another Woman, 976-EVIL, + more
- 13Dixie Lee was an American actress who was the wife of Bing Crosby. She died from ovarian cancer on November 1, 1952 at the age of 40.
Dixie Lee was an American actress, dancer, and singer. Born Wilma Winifred Wyatt, she adopted the professional name "Dixie Carroll" as a singer and showgirl. Winfield Sheehan of the Fox film studio changed the name to Dixie Lee, to avoid confusion with actresses Nancy Carroll and Sue Carol. She married ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 41 (1911-1952)
- Birthplace: Harriman, Tennessee, United States of America
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Showgirl, Dancer
- Credits: Fox Movietone Follies of 1929, Cheer Up and Smile, Manhattan Love Song, Night Life in Reno, Love in Bloom
- 14Linda Smith was a British stand-up comedian who appeared on "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2002, but she did not reveal her illness to the press. She died on February 27, 2006 at the age of 48.
Linda Helen Smith was a British comedian and comedy writer. She appeared regularly on Radio 4 panel games, and was voted "Wittiest Living Person" by listeners in 2002. She met her partner, Warren Lakin, at university, and they were together for nearly 30 years until her death.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 48 (1958-2006)
- Birthplace: Erith, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Comedian
- 15Sharon Tyler Herbst was an American culinary author who wrote "The Joy of Cookies." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2003 and died on January 26, 2007. Herbst was 64 years old.
Sharon K. Herbst was an American cookbook and culinary books author. Born as Sharon Tyler in Chicago, she was raised in Denver, Colorado. She may have been best known for her fourth book, the culinary reference work, The Food Lover's Companion. She and her husband of 38 years, and the co-author of some ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 65 (1942-2007)
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Profession: Author, Chef
- 16Ann Dunham was an American anthropologist who was the mother of President Barack Obama. She was diagnosed with uterine and ovarian cancer in 1995. She died on November 7, 1995 at the age of 52. Obama and his sister Maya spread her ashes in the Pacific Ocean at Lanai Lookout in Oahu.
Stanley Ann Dunham was the mother of Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States, and an American anthropologist who specialized in economic anthropology and rural development. Dunham was known as Stanley Dunham through high school, then as Ann Dunham, Ann Obama, Ann Soetoro, Ann Sutoro, and ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 53 (1942-1995)
- Birthplace: Wichita, Kansas, United States of America
- Profession: Anthropologist
- 17Laura Nyro was an American songwriter who wrote songs for Three Dog Night and Barbra Streisand. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1996 and died on April 8, 1997 at the age of 49. Her mother also died from ovarian cancer.
Laura Nyro NEAR-oh was an American songwriter, singer, and pianist. She achieved critical acclaim with her own recordings, particularly the albums Eli and the Thirteenth Confession and New York Tendaberry, and had commercial success with artists such as Barbra Streisand and The 5th Dimension recording ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 50 (1947-1997)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Songwriter, Pianist, Singer-songwriter, Lyricist, Composer, + more
- Credits: Broken Rainbow
- 18Tomoko Kawakami was a Japanese voice actress who worked on "Chrono Crusade." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2008 and had surgery to treat the illness. Kawakami died on June 9, 2011 at the age of 41.
Tomoko Kawakami was a Japanese voice actress from Tokyo. Having graduated from the Toho Gakuen College of Drama and Music, she was affiliated with Production Baobab at the time of her death.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 41 (1970-2011)
- Birthplace: Japan, Tokyo
- Profession: Voice acting
- Credits: Darker than Black, Bleach, Appleseed, Clannad, Gungrave, + more
- 19Marjorie Gross was a TV writer and producer who worked on several shows including "Seinfeld." She died of ovarian cancer on June 7, 1996 at the age of 40. Earlier that year, she wrote an editorial for The New Yorker entitled "Cancer Becomes Me."
Marjorie Gross was a television writer and producer. She wrote for such shows as Newhart, The Larry Sanders Show, Square Pegs, Get A Life, and Seinfeld.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 40 (1956-1996)
- Birthplace: Canada, Ontario, Toronto, Americas
- Profession: Television producer, Screenwriter, Actor
- Credits: Seinfeld, Back to the Beach
- 20Anita Morris was an American actress who appeared in the film "Ruthless People." She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 1980 and although she was only given 5 years to live, she made it another 14. Morris died on March 2, 1994 at the age of 50.
Anita Rose Morris was an American actress, singer and dancer.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 51 (1943-1994)
- Birthplace: USA, North Carolina, Durham
- Profession: Actor, Singer, Dancer
- Credits: Ruthless People, The Hotel New Hampshire, Radioland Murders, 18 Again!, Aria, + more
G Options B Comments & Embed