- 1Matthew Shepard was a gay student at the University of Wyoming who was beaten, tortured and left to die on October 6, 1998. He was pistol whipped, robbed and left hanging on a fence. He died six days later in the hospital. His death was ruled the result of a hate crime, and led to the creation of multiple new laws to protect people against such attacks.
Matthew Wayne "Matt" Shepard was an American student at the University of Wyoming who was beaten, tortured and left to die near Laramie, Wyoming on the night of October 6, 1998, and died six days later at Poudre Valley Hospital in Fort Collins, Colorado, on October 12, from severe head injuries. Aaron ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 22 (1976-1998)
- Birthplace: Casper, Grant Village, Wyoming, United States of America
- 2György Dózsa was a Hungarian man-at-arms who led a peasants revolt against the king of Hungary in the 1500s. He was eventually captured along with the other rebels. Dózsa was forced to sit on a burning hot iron throne with a burning hot iron crown on his head. His fellow rebels were forced to either bite off and devour chunks of his burning flesh or be cut into bits. Dózsa eventually died of the wounds caused by his friends eating him. The rebels who ate his flesh were allowed to live.
György Dózsa was a Székely man-at-arms from Transylvania, Kingdom of Hungary who led a peasants' revolt against the kingdom's landed nobility. He was eventually caught, tortured, and executed along with his followers, and remembered as both a Christian martyr and a dangerous criminal. During the reign ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 44 (1470-1514)
- Birthplace: Romania
- 3Valerian was the Roman emperor from year 253 to 259. He was captured by the enemy Persian king and forced to drink molten gold while he was skinned alive. His skin was then stuffed and used as a trophy of the Persian victory.
Valerian; Latin: Publius Licinius Valerianus Augustus; 193/195/200 – 260 or 264, also known as Valerian the Elder, was Roman Emperor from 253 to 260. He was taken captive by Sassanian king Shapur I after the Battle of Edessa, becoming the only Roman Emperor who was captured as a prisoner of war, causing ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 60 (200-260)
- 4Sylvain Itkine was a French actor and director who was captured, tortured and eventually shot by Gestapo during the Second World War.
Sylvain Itkine was an actor, theater director, and playwright.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 36 (1908-1944)
- Birthplace: Paris, France
- Profession: Theatre Director, Actor, Playwright
- Credits: The Grand Illusion, The Tale of the Fox, Beating Heart, Life Belongs to Us, Sarajevo
Lee MiglinLee Miglin was a 72 year-old real estate tycoon who was abducted and murdered by the serial killer Andrew Cunanan in 1997. Before his death he was wrapped in plastic and tape with only his nose exposed, beaten severely, and repeatedly stabbed. His death came when the killers eventually slit his throat.more ABOUT
- Age: Died at 72 (1925-1997)
Murder of Junko FurutaJunko Furuta was a Japanese teen girl who was abducted at random by a group of young men who brutally raped and tortured her for 44 days. She was brutalized in every conceivable way before finally being burned alive on January 4, 1989. Her body was stuffed into an oil drum which was filled with concrete and then dropped in a river. Her body wasn't found until over a year later. The boys involved with the crime only received 17 years in prison and are free today.
Junko Furuta was a 16-year-old Japanese high school student who was abducted, tortured, raped, and murdered in the late 1980s. Her murder case was named the Concrete-encased high school girl murder case due to the state of her discovered body: in a concrete drum filled with over 50 gallons of cement.moremore ABOUT
- Birthplace: Japan, East Asia, Asia, Earth
G Options B Comments & Embed