- Jennifer Lopez recently shared that she was homeless a few months before she booked “In Living Color.” The former Fly Girl used to sleep in her dance studio because she had nowhere else to go.
Birthplace: Castle Hill, New York City, New York, United States of America
Profession: Film Score Composer, Fashion designer, Record producer, Businessperson, Songwriter + 13 more
Institution: Preston High School, Baruch College
Jennifer Lopez : see more
- Apple mastermind Steve Jobs crashed on friends' floors during college and returned glass Coke bottles to make a little bit of money. He recalled his meager beginnings during a commencement speech at Stanford University: "I would walk the 7 miles across town every Sunday night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple."
Birthplace: California, United States of America
Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Inventor, Designer
Institution: Monta Loma Elementary School, Reed College, Cupertino Junior High School, Homestead High School
Medical Conditions: Pancreatic cancer
Steve Jobs : see more
- Halle Berry found herself homeless when she was first starting her career in Chicago. She told Reader's Digest that she is actually grateful for the situation, saying, “It taught me how to take care of myself and that I could live through any situation, even if it meant going to a shelter for a small stint, or living within my means, which were meager."
Birthplace: Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
Profession: Television producer, Film Producer, Model, Actor, Voice acting
Institution: Heskett Middle School, Cuyahoga Community College, Bedford High School
Halle Berry : see more
- David Letterman lived out of his 1973 Chevy pickup truck when he was just starting out in Los Angeles. The late night talk show host got his start by writing jokes for Jimmy Walker and soon he became a star in his own right.
Birthplace: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
Profession: Talk show host, Announcer, Comedian, Television producer, Film Producer + 4 more
Institution: Broad Ripple High School, Ball State University
David Letterman : see more
- Long before she was a country music superstar, Shania Twain struggled with homelessness. When she was a child, Twain stayed at a Toronto shelter with her mother and siblings. Later, when Twain was just 16, she took shelter by squatting in a vacant house and sleeping on buses.
Birthplace: Windsor, Canada
Profession: Songwriter, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Composer, Music artist + 2 more
Institution: Timmins High and Vocational School
Shania Twain : see more
got a blog or website?