G Options B Comments & Embed
- In 2015, pop star Selena Gomez told Billboard, “I was diagnosed with lupus, and I’ve been through chemotherapy. That’s what my break was really about. I could’ve had a stroke."more ABOUT
- Age: age 23
- Birthplace: Texas, USA, Grand Prairie
- Profession: Fashion designer, Actor, Music artist, Voice acting, Singer, + more
- Credits: The Muppets, Hotel Transylvania, Wizards of Waverly Place, Spring Breakers, Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over, + more
- In a 2010 interview with Larry King, Lady Gaga confided that she was "borderline positive" for lupus.
- Age: age 29
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Fashion designer, Record producer, Businessperson, Singer-songwriter, Actor, + more
- Credits: Men in Black 3, The Muppets, American Idol, Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Muppets Most Wanted, + more
- Nick Cannon recently experienced near kidney failure due to complications with lupus. Speaking with Larry King, Cannon stated, "I am working past it; I'm working through it. I'm a strong believer in faith. It was scary at the time, but I'm 100 percent now."
- Age: 35
- Birthplace: USA, California, San Diego
- Profession: Television director, Record producer, Television producer, Musician, Film Producer, + more
- Credits: Men in Black II, Monster House, Drumline, America's Got Talent, Love Don't Cost a Thing, + more
- Michael Jackson was diagnosed with lupus in 1986. Due to the condition, Jackson stated that he was sensitive to UV light, which is why he frequently wore hats, masks and sunglasses.
- Age: Died at 51 (1958-2009)
- Birthplace: Gary, Indiana, United States of America
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Businessperson, Record producer, Musician, Film Producer, + more
- Credits: Men in Black II, Free Willy, Boomerang, Moonwalker, The Wiz, + more
- Singer Toni Braxton shared her ongoing struggle with lupus on her reality show "Braxton Family Values."
- Age: age 48
- Birthplace: Severn, Maryland, United States of America
- Profession: Record producer, Pianist, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Actor, + more
- Credits: Dancing with the Stars, Kingdom Come, Braxton Family Values, The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure, Play'd: A Hip-Hop Story, + more
- Author Flannery O'Connor died from lupus related symptoms in 1964.
- Age: Died at 39 (1925-1964)
- Birthplace: Savannah, United States of America, United States, with Territories, Chatham County, + more
- Profession: Novelist, Author, Essayist, Writer
- Credits: Wise Blood, The Displaced Person
- CBS newsman Charles Kuralt died from Lupus related complications in 1997 at age 62.
- Age: Died at 63 (1934-1997)
- Birthplace: Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
- Profession: Journalist
- Credits: CBS News Sunday Morning, On The Road With Charles Kuralt, Juilliard and Beyond: A Life in Music