G Options B Comments & Embed
- In 2015, pop star Selena Gomez told Billboard, “I was diagnosed with lupus, and I’ve been through chemotherapy. That’s what my break was really about. I could’ve had a stroke."more ABOUT
- Age: age 23
- Birthplace: Grand Prairie, Texas, United States of America
- Profession: Fashion designer, Actor, Music artist, Voice acting, Singer, + more
- Credits: Hotel Transylvania, Spring Breakers, Monte Carlo, Hotel Transylvania 2
Lady GagaIn a 2010 interview with Larry King, Lady Gaga confided that she was "borderline positive" for lupus.
- Age: age 29
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Fashion designer, Record producer, Businessperson, Singer-songwriter, Actor, + more
- Credits: Lady Gaga Presents: The Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden, Machete Kills, Lady Gaga: Paparazzi
Nick CannonNick Cannon recently experienced near kidney failure due to complications with lupus. Speaking with Larry King, Cannon stated, "I am working past it; I'm working through it. I'm a strong believer in faith. It was scary at the time, but I'm 100 percent now."
- Age: age 35
- Birthplace: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Profession: Television director, Record producer, Television producer, Musician, Film Producer, + more
- Credits: Men in Black II, Monster House, Drumline, America's Got Talent, Love Don't Cost a Thing, + more
Michael JacksonMichael Jackson was diagnosed with lupus in 1986. Due to the condition, Jackson stated that he was sensitive to UV light, which is why he frequently wore hats, masks and sunglasses.
- Age: Died at 51 (1958-2009)
- Birthplace: Gary, Indiana, United States of America
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Businessperson, Record producer, Musician, Film Producer, + more
- Credits: This Is It, Michael Jackson: Thriller, The Wiz, Michael Jackson: Video Greatest Hits - HIStory
Toni BraxtonSinger Toni Braxton shared her ongoing struggle with lupus on her reality show "Braxton Family Values."
- Age: 48
- Birthplace: Severn, Maryland, United States of America
- Profession: Record producer, Pianist, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Actor, + more
- Credits: Braxton Family Values, The 39th Annual Grammy Awards, How High, Tossed Salad 2011
SealThe scars on singer Seal's face were caused by a type of lupus that effects the skin and scalp.
- Age: age 52
- Birthplace: Paddington, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Songwriter, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Composer
- Credits: The Pursuit of Happyness, Batman Forever, Space Jam, Entrapment
Flannery O'ConnorAuthor Flannery O'Connor died from lupus related symptoms in 1964.
- Age: Died at 39 (1925-1964)
- Birthplace: Savannah, Georgia, United States of America
- Profession: Novelist, Author, Essayist, Writer
- Credits: Wise Blood, Katafalk, A Circle in the Fire, The Displaced Person
- CBS newsman Charles Kuralt died from Lupus related complications in 1997 at age 62.
- Age: Died at 63 (1934-1997)
- Birthplace: Wilmington, North Carolina, USA
- Profession: Journalist
- Credits: CBS News Sunday Morning, On The Road With Charles Kuralt, Juilliard and Beyond: A Life in Music