G Options B Comments & Embed
- Talk show host Oprah Winfrey was raped by a relative when she was just 9 years old.
- Age: age 61
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, USA
- Profession: Businessperson, Journalist, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor, + more
- Credits: The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Color Purple, Beloved, Oprah: Where Are They Now?
- In December 2014, Lady Gaga revealed to radio host Howard Stern that she had been raped by a record producer twenty years her senior when she was 19 years old. The pop star's single, Swine, is about the incident.
She said, “The song is about rape. The song is about demoralization. The song is about rage and fury and passion and I had a lot of pain that I wanted to release and I said to myself, ‘I want to sing this song while I’m ripping hard on a drum kit and then I want to get on a mechanical bull, which is probably one of the most demoralizing things that you can put a female on in her underwear, and I want this chick to throw up on me in front of the world so that I can tell them ‘You know what, you can never ever degrade me as much as I could degrade myself and look how beautiful it is when I do.’”
- Age: age 29
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Fashion designer, Record producer, Businessperson, Singer-songwriter, Actor, + more
- Credits: Lady Gaga Presents: The Monster Ball Tour at Madison Square Garden, Machete Kills, Lady Gaga: Paparazzi
- In November 2014, troubled actor Shia LaBeouf publicly claimed that he had been raped by a woman during his #IAMSORRY performance art project in February. As part of the project, LaBeouf sat in a room with a bag over his head while visitors interacted with him. Some held his hand, some said disparaging things, and apparently, one person sexually assaulted him.
LaBeouf told Dazed Digital's Aimee Cliff, "one woman who came with her boyfriend, who was outside the door when this happened, whipped my legs for ten minutes and then stripped my clothing and proceeded to rape me…"
Reaction to the revelation were mixed. Some, like journalist Piers Morgan, refused to believe the actor, while others rushed to support his story. LaBeouf, who struggled with alcohol addition and a "nervous breakdown" earlier in the year, did not press charges.
- Age: age 29
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, California
- Profession: Comedian, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Actor, Voice acting, + more
- Credits: Transformers, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Fury
- In 1992, "Bad Boyz II" actress Gabrielle Union was raped while she was working at a shoe store. She was 19 years old at the time.
- Age: 43
- Birthplace: USA, Nebraska, Omaha
- Profession: Advocate, Model, Actor, Voice acting
- Credits: 10 Things I Hate About You, Bring It On, Bad Boys II, Being Mary Jane
- Teri Hatcher was raped by her uncle when she was just five. In 2002, she testified against the man, and he was sentenced to 14 years in prison.
- Age: age 51
- Birthplace: USA, California, Palo Alto
- Profession: Actor, Voice acting, Writer, Presenter, Cheerleader
- Credits: Desperate Housewives, Coraline, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Tomorrow Never Dies
- "Bug" actress Ashley Judd discusses being raped in her memoir "All That Is Bitter and Sweet."
- Age: age 47
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, Granada Hills, California
- Profession: Etymologist, Spokesperson, Television producer, Actor, Voice acting, + more
- Credits: Heat, Kiss the Girls, Double Jeopardy, Double Jeopardy
- Actor and director Tyler Perry was raped by the mother of a childhood friend, who held him hostage in her house until he had sex with her.
- Age: age 46
- Birthplace: USA, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Profession: Television director, Theatre Director, Songwriter, Television producer, Film Producer, + more
- Credits: Diary of a Mad Black Woman, I Can Do Bad All by Myself, For Better or Worse, Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
- In 1989, Fiona Apple was raped outside of her family's apartment. She was only 12 years old at the time.
- Age: age 38
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Pianist, Musician, Singer-songwriter
- Credits: Bridesmaids, This Is 40, Pleasantville, School for Scoundrels