- While working as a nurse over the course of 16 years, Charles Cullen killed at least 35 victims - although the suspected number is actually in the hundreds. He killed patients through overdoses and medical contamination in New Jersey and Pennsylvania hospitals. Cullen was arrested in 2003 and sentenced to 127 years in prison. Since then, investigations into the hospitals that employed Cullen have revealed that some may have been aware that he was harming patients without taking any measures to stop it.
Birthplace: West Orange, New Jersey, United States of America
Profession: Nurse, Physician
Charles Cullen : see more
- Throughout 1979-1981, Atlanta was terrorized by the Atlanta Child Murders where 29 children were kidnapped, sexually assaulted, and murdered. After Wayne Williams was arrested in 1981 for the murder of two adults, police began to suspect that he was the dreaded child serial killer. Although Williams still maintains he is innocent of the child murders, he was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.
Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Institution: Georgia State University, Douglass High School
Wayne Williams : see more
- David Berkowitz, aka the Son of Sam, terrorized the people of NYC in 1976-1977. Berkowitz claimed he was told by a demon dog to shoot his victims. He killed 6 people and wounded 7 more before getting caught in August 1977. Berkowitz received 6 life sentences.
Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
David Berkowitz - The Son of Sam : see more
- In Italy, Donato Bilancia was responsible for the seven-month long crime spree in 1997 that resulted in the deaths of 17 people, both men and women. His motives for each crime were different, from robbery to sexual assault. He was arrested in 1998 and given 13 life sentences, along with 20 extra years for his sex crimes.
Birthplace: Potenza, Italy
Donato Bilancia : see more
- During the early 1990s, Hu Wanlin was in prison for human trafficking. That didn't stop him from opening a medical practice while jailed. Once he was released after a retrial in 1997, Hu treated hundreds of patients with an herbal remedy that actually contained sodium sulphate. 146 people died of his treatments. He was arrested in 1999 and sentenced to 15 years in prison for practicing medicine without a license.
Birthplace: Mianyang, China
Hu Wanlin : see more
items 1 - 5 of 40
got a blog or website?