- Often known as the Green River Killer, Gary Ridgway killed at least 49 people, with the number of victims probably closer to 90. Ridgway lured prostitutes away to be strangled and raped. He dumped the bodies in the forested areas in Washington, but his first five victims were found in the Green River. He was caught in 2001 after nearly twenty years of murders and sentenced to life in prison.
Birthplace: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
Institution: Tyee Educational Complex
Gary Ridgway - The Green River Killer : see more
- Along with his wife, Paul Bernardo killed and raped at least 3 young women, raping many more women during his time as The Scarborough Rapist. Together, he and his wife drugged and sexually assaulted her sister, who became their first joint victim. He was caught in 1993 and sentenced to life in prison.
Birthplace: Scarborough, Toronto, Canada
Institution: University of Toronto, University of Toronto Scarborough, Sir Wilfrid Laurier Collegiate Institute
Paul Bernardo : see more
- As the wife of serial rapist and killer Paul Bernardo, Karla Homolka was an accessory to a plethora of rapes and murders, many of which she took part in herself. Homolka facilitated the rape and murder of her younger sister and at least two other women. The couple was arrested in 1993. She was sentenced to 12 years for manslaughter and released in 2005.
Birthplace: Port Credit, Ontario, Canada
Institution: Queen's University, Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School
Karla Homolka : see more
- Better known as the BTK Killer, Dennis Rader killed 10 people in his native Kansas over a span of almost 20 years starting in 1974. Rader bound, tortured and killed his victims and then sent letters to the police and news outlets bragging about his crimes. He was caught in 2005 and sentenced to life in prison, one life sentence for each murder.
Birthplace: Pittsburg, Kansas, United States of America
Institution: Wichita State University, Wichita Heights High School, Butler Community College, Kansas Wesleyan University
Dennis Rader - BTK : see more
- One of Britain's most notorious serial killers, Peter Sutcliffe was responsible for the murder of 13 women over the span of 5 years, starting in 1975. The press called him The Yorkshire Ripper. Sutcliffe believed that God spoke to him and told him to kill prostitutes. He was caught in 1981 and sentenced to life in prison where he still resides.
Peter Sutcliffe : see more
items 11 - 15 of 40
got a blog or website?