L The List
- 1+ 10- 0Six-year-old pageant winner JonBenét became the subject of a nationwide media craze when she was found dead in the basement of her Boulder, CO home in 1996. Many suspected her parents, but DNA evidence exonerated the couple and JonBenét's older brother in 2008.also RANKED
- #69 on People We Wish Were Still Alive
- 2+ 7- 0Fifteen-year-old Barbara and 13-year-old Patricia Grimes went missing from their Chicago neighborhood in the winter of 1956. When they did not return home from a nearby movie theater, their mother become worried and eventually called the police.
Initially, police thought the girls may have run away to Nashville to attend an Elvis concert. The singer later released a statement, saying "if you are good Presley fans, you'll go home and ease your mother's worries."
Almost a month later, the bodies of the girls were found. Despite an official report that the girls had been killed on the night of their disappearance, many people reported seeing the girls during their month-long absence. The murder remains unsolved.
- 3+ 7- 0Despite the fact that a neighbor witnessed the abduction of nine-year-old Amber Hagerman, the case has never been solved. Amber had been riding her bike up and down her block when someone in a dark pick up truck grabber her. Four days later, her body was found. She had been sexually assaulted.
Amber's death was the impetus for the Amber Alert, which helps the police, the media, and public work together to find missing children.
- 4+ 6- 0
- 5+ 12- 3Perhaps the most famous unsolved murder in recent history, rapper Tupac Shakur's death is still a mystery. The "most influential rapper of all time" was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1996. He was taken to a local hospital where he died six days later. To this day, some claim that he is still alive and in hiding.also RANKED
- 6+ 9- 1
Andrew and Abby BordenThe parents of infamous axe murderer Lizzie Borden were hacked to death in their Massachusetts home in 1927. However, Lizzie was acquitted of both murders, and they remain, technically, unsolved.