- 1 ReRank
- See list ranked by
Perhaps the most famous unsolved murder in recent history, rapper Tupac Shakur's death is still a mystery. The "most influential rapper of all time" was shot and killed in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1996. He was taken to a local hospital where he died six days later. To this day, some claim that he is still alive and in hiding.also RANKED
- #1 on The Best West Coast Rappers
- #9 on Rapper with the Dirtiest Rhymes
- #14 on Dead Musicians You Most Want to See Perform as Holograms
- #22 on Rappers with the Coolest Post-Rap Careers
Christopher George Latore Wallace, better known as The Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Smalls, was killed in a drive by shooting in Los Angeles in 1997.also RANKED
- #2 on The Dopest Rappers of the '90s
- #7 on Rapper with the Dirtiest Rhymes
- #25 on Rappers with the Coolest Post-Rap Careers
- #31 on Dead Musicians You Most Want to See Perform as Holograms
Six-year-old pageant winner JonBenét became the subject of a nationwide media craze when she was found dead in the basement of her Boulder, CO home in 1996. Many suspected her parents, but DNA evidence exonerated the couple and JonBenét's older brother in 2008.also RANKED
- #74 on People We Wish Were Still Alive
"The Black Dahlia" is a name given to 22-year-old Elizabeth Short, a Los Angeles women who was gruesomely murdered and dismembered in 1947. Her body was found cut in half, drained of blood, and slashed multiple times.
Newspaper reports soon scandalized the case, claiming that Short was an "adventuress" who wandered the streets of LA in a tight skirt and sheer blouse.
Andrew and Abby Borden
The parents of infamous axe murderer Lizzie Borden were hacked to death in their Massachusetts home in 1927. However, Lizzie was acquitted of both murders, and they remain, technically, unsolved.
Twenty four-year-old hip hop prodigy Big L was murdered in a drive-by shooting on a Harlem block he famously called, "the Danger Zone." Gerard Woodley, 29, was charged with the murder, but was later released because of insufficient evidence.also RANKED