- 6Up 1Down 2
Pasta SaladVinaigrette Dressing
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
2 tsp minced shallot
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp drie oregano
dash onion powder
4 quarts water
1 lb rainbow rotini or tri-color radiatore(red, green and white colors)
1-2 tsp vegetable oil
1 large or 2 medium tomatoes
1 green onion
1/4 cup minced cucumber
green leaf lettuce for garnish (optional)
- Vinaigrette Dressing: Use an electric mixer to combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix on high speed until thick and creamy. Put dressing in a sealed container and store in a refrigerator until ready to toss with chilled pasta.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil over hght heat and add pasta; cook for 12-15 minutes until tender, then drain.
- Spray pasta with a gentle stream of cold water to cool it.
- Drizzle oil over cooling pasta to keep it from sticking together.
- Gently toss pasta, then put it in a container to cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preparing vegetables: Remove seeds and soft pulp from tomato(es) then dice; mince cucumber to very small pieces and use only the green part of the green onion or scallions.
- When pasta has cooled, add diced tomato, green onion and cucumber. Sprinkle salt over pasta salad to taste and chill.
- Spoon chilled pasta salad onto plates and put vinaigrette dressing on the side; you can also toss salad with dressing, but not too far in advance before serving for pasta tends to soak up the dressing.
- 7Up 0Down 1
Hooters Dipping Sauce8 ounces Tabasco Sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes; stir frequently.
- When sauce has completely blended and simmered, pour in a small serving bowl and let it cool.
items 6 - 7 of 7
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list