- 1Chairman and CEO of Las Vegas Sands Corp., owners of Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and Sands Expo and Convention Center. Adelson and his family are to have contributed as much as $21.5 million to the "Winning Our Future" PAC supporting Newt Gingrich.
Once Newt Gingrich dropped out of the Republican presidential race, Sheldon Adelson switched gears -- and candidates. In June of 2012, Adelson reportedly contributed $10 million to the pro-Mitt Romney super PAC "Restore Our Future." That's a ton of cash, but Adelson is estimated to be worth nearly $25 billion.
Adelson's wife, Miriam Adelson, contributed $5 million to the "Winning Our Future" PAC (supporting Newt Gingrich). In June of 2012, it was reported that Adelson will get a "refund" of her money.
- 2Texas billionaire and owner of a nuclear-waste disposal company. Contributed $5 million to the American Crossroads Super PAC, $500,000 to the Restore Out Future PAC supporting Mitt Romney, $800,000 to the Winning Our Future PAC supporting Newt Gingrich and $100,000 to the Restoring Prosperity Fund, initially supporting Rick Perry. Simmons also owns Contran Corporation, which donated an additional $2 million to American Crossroads and $1 million to "Make Us Great Again" PAC supporting Rick Perry.
- 3Owner of Perry Homes. Contributed $2.5 million to the (conservative) American Crossroads super PAC and $4 million to "Restore Our Future" PAC supporting Mitt Romney. He also gave $200,000 to the Texas Conservatives Fund and $100,000 to the Make Us Great Again PAC (which supported former Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry).
- 4CEO of DreamWorks Animation. Contributed $2 million to Obama-affiliated Priorities USA Action PAC.
- 5In June of 2012, actor Morgan Freeman donated $1 million to the Priorities USA Action super PAC, supporting Barack Obama's re-election campaign. Freeman, who also donated to Obama's campaign in 2008, joins several celebrities who are among the largest super PAC donors, including Bill Maher and Jeffrey Katzenberg.
items 1 - 5 of 51
got a blog or website?