G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1Bruce Jenner is a former Olympic athlete, and star of the popular reality television series Keeping Up With the Kardashians. In 2014, following widespread speculation, Jenner revealed in an exclusive interview with Diane Sawyer that she was transgender, and wanted to be recognized as a woman.
In 2015, Jenner announced on the cover of Vanity Fair that she wished to be called Caitlyn. Soon after the magazine cover was released, a new verified Twitter account @Caitlyn_Jenner tweeted, "I'm so happy after such a long struggle to be living my true self. Welcome to the world Caitlyn. Can't wait for you to get to know her/me."
Tracey “Africa” NormanTracey "Africa" Norman was a very successful model in the '70s and '80s, and managed to break into the world of fashion and modeling without letting anyone know that she was born male. Norman got her big break after sneaking into an interview for Italian Vogue. From there, she starred in campaigns for everyone from Avon to Clairol.
- 3One half of the sibling creative team formerly known as the Wachowski brothers, Lana Wachowski created the incredibly successful Matrix franchise with her brother, Andy. They also worked together on film adaptations of V for Vendetta, Speed Racer, and Cloud Atlas.
- 4Lilly Wachowski the sibling of Lana, and the other half of the film-making team behind The Matrix trilogy, V for Vendetta, and other sci-films. In March, 2016, facing a public outing by a UK tabloid, Lilly (formerly known as Andy) released a statement to Chicago LGBT website Windy City Times coming out as transgender, discussing her transition, and thanking her family for their support.
- 5Ian Harvie is a transgender comedian and actor. He appeared in Transparent and Roadtrip Nation, and toured with Margaret Cho in 2006.
- 6Sister of David and Patricia, Alexis Arquette is an actress, musician, and cabaret performer. She has been acting since the age of 12, when she made her debut as a background character in the music video for the song "She's a Beauty" by the Tubes. She has appeared in dozens of films and TV shows as both male and female characters, including Bride of Chucky, Pulp Fiction, and The Wedding Singer. Arquette was also the subject of a 2007 documentary about her transition, titled Alexis Arquette: She's My Brother.
- 7Best known for her starring role in the hit Netflix series Orange Is the New Black, Laverne Cox is a transgender actress, author, artist, and activist. She is the first transgender actress to be nominated for a Prime Time Emmy Award.
- 8Kim Petras is a German pop star and electronic music artist. She has been recording and performing music since age 13.