G Options B Comments & Embed
- Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara have been married since 1954. They have two children together, Amy and Ben Stiller. Jerry Stiller on their marriage, "Anne is very forgiving. She doesn't care about money, being rich, or clothes. We never argued about finances."
- Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy were married for over 50 years, from 1942 until Tandy's death in 1994. The couple had two children, Christopher and Tandy Cronyn, and they collaborated on several films, plays, and other projects over their many decades together.
- James Garner and Lois Clarke married in 1956 just 14 days after they met. Clarke had one daughter, Kim, from a previous marriage, and the couple has another daughter, Gigi. Garner has said: "Marriage is like the Army; everyone complains, but you'd be surprised at the large number of people who re-enlist."
- Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward wed in 1958; they were married for 50 years at the time of Newman's death in 2008. They had three daughters together, and Newman had two daughters and a son from a previous marriage. Paul Newman said of his marriage, “I don't like to discuss my marriage, but I will tell you something which may sound corny but which happens to be true. I have steak at home. Why should I go out for hamburger?”
- Bob Newhart has been married to his wife Ginny since 1963. They have four children together. Newhart on marriage: "I'm most proud of the longevity of my marriage, my kids, and my grandchildren. If you don't have that, you really don't have very much."
- In 2014, Bill Cosby will celebrate his 50th anniversary with his wife Camille, who he married in 1964. The couple have five children together. In 2014 and 2015, Bill came under fire from more than 20 women who alleged that he had drugged and molested them throughout his career.
Bill Cosby has said of marriage, "Let us now set forth one of the fundamental truths about marriage: the wife is in charge."
- Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft wed in 1964; they were married for 41 years at the time of Bancroft's death in 2005. They have one son together.
- Don Rickles has been married to his wife Barbara since 1965. They have two children together. Rickles on sex: "Sex is great, but when you get to be my age, you've got to pace it a little bit. Otherwise you get tired."