G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1+ 155- 51For Madden 25 EA Sports polled fans as to who should grace the cover. The people voted and EA Sports listened--kind of. In April, legendary Detroit Lions running back Barry Sanders defeated Minnesota Vikings' Adrian Peterson in the finals of a tournament to determine who would grace the 25th edition of the Madden video game franchise.
Now, EA Sports is splitting the honor, leaving Sanders as the cover athlete for the XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game, while going with Peterson for the next generation consoles, XBox One and PlayStation 4.
- 2+ 116- 41
- 3+ 106- 48Though not his best season, Detroit Lions running back Barry Sanders was honored for his stellar career with a Madden NFL 2000 cover selection. During his career, Sanders won the Heisman Trophy, was selected as the NFL MVP and was arguably regarded as the best running back to play the game. Though Madden NFL 2000 featured John Madden in the foreground on the cover, Sanders can be seen in one edition of the game in the background.
- 4+ 102- 50Fierce linebacker Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens was honored with the Madden NFL 2005 selection as one of the best at his position in the history of the game. Among other awards, Lewis helped the Ravens win Super Bowl XXXV and became the first linebacker to be selected as the Super Bowl MVP.
- 5+ 96- 48Bringing joy to an area devastated by Hurricane Katrina, Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints won their first Super Bowl in 2010. As one bonus for the accomplishment, Brees was named the cover athlete for Madden NFL 2011 as selected by voters.
- 6+ 79- 37Alongside Troy Polamalu, Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald was the second player on the Madden NFL 2010 cover. Fitzgerald faced Polamalu in Super Bowl XLIII and though the Cardinals were on the losing end of the game, Fitzgerald set several league postseason records and was recognized by the video game.
- 7+ 73- 34For the first time, the cover of Madden NFL featured two top football players for the 2010 edition. Safety Troy Polamalu, having just won the Super Bowl with his Pittsburgh Steelers, was one of the two selected.
- 8+ 58- 30Before he was an analyst for the NFL Network, Marshall Faulk was a running back for the Indianapolis Colts and St. Louis Rams. The seven-time Pro Bowl selection earned the honor of appearing on Madden NFL 2003 late in his career which included a Super Bowl championship and numerous personal awards.