- 1Up 9Down 1
Sour Cream and Blueberry Pie1 baked and cooled (9" size) pie shell
***BLUEBERRY APPLE FILLING***
1 can (15 ounce size) blueberries in heavy syrup, drained, reserving juice in one bowl, berries in another
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup finely diced red delicious apple
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
***SOUR CREAM TOPPING***
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
2 tablespoons cold water
- In a saucepan combine diced apples with water, sugar, and salt at medium temperature until apples are done but not mushy for 10 minutes.
- While cooking apple mixture, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup water; dissolve cornstarch.
- When apples are done, add lemon juice and berry juice; cook and stir on until blended.
- On medium heat add dissolved cornstarch slowly; stir constantly until thickened.
- Add berries and cinnamon; mix through.
- Remove from heat; cool before placing into prepared pie shell.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- 2Up 10Down 3
Lemon Cream Cheese Pie* Crust
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
* Cream Cheese Filling
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Lemon Filling
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 dash salt
1 cup water
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter and sugar in a small bowl; press crust mixture into an 8-inch pie pan.
- Cream cheese filling: Mix cream cheese with 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and an egg using an electric mixer; mix well until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese filling into graham cracker crust and bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is cooked.
- Lemon filling: Combine sugar with cornstarch, salt and water in a small saucepan; set mixture over low heat and bring to a simmer, stir often.
- Whisk in egg yolks; add lemon juice and butter.
- Remove immediately from heat as mixture simmers again.
- Pour lemon filling over cream cheese filling; let pie cool.
- When cool, chill pie in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- 3Up 14Down 11
Strawberry Glazed Pie6 cups sliced fresh strawberries
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup water
4 tablespoons strawberry flavored gelatin
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- Mix together sugar, water, gelatin and cornstarch in a medium large saucepan; boil for a minute.
- Remove from heat; fold in sliced strawberries, toss until well coated.
- Pour into graham cracker crust; chill until well set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
- 4Up 8Down 5
Potato Cheese Soupcups peeled and cubed potatoes
2 cups peeled and chopped onions
4 cups chopped celery
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups half and half
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, optional garnish
- Place potatoes, onions, celery and salt in water to cover in a large pot; simmer until tender for 15 minutes.
- Put in blender or food processor; puree until chunky.
- Return to soup pot; add half-and-half, butter and cheese.
- Stir constantly; simmer until piping hot but avoid boiling.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- 5Up 2Down 0
Corn Bread1 box (9 ounce size) Jiffy corn muffin mix, plus ingredients to prepare
1 box (9 ounce size) Jiffy yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare
* Honey Butter Recipe
1/4 pound butter
1/4 cup strained bacon drippings
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
2/3 cup honey
- Corn bread: Prepare each box according to package directions; gently fold together.
- Pour into a greased pan; bake according to box directions for yellow cake mix.
- Honey Butter: Beat butter until light and creamy; add drippings and bacon.
- Take honey and beat into butter mixture until light and fluffy; can be frozen up to a year.
got a blog or website?