- 1Massive influence on the nation and on Europe and the World
- 2Transformed the UK with nationalisation, started an economic consensus that lasted for 30 years and created the British national health service.
- 3Started the re-privatisation process and reduced the influence of the trade unions.
- 4Abolished capital punishment, founded the open university and numerous polytechnics, legalised homosexuality, kept Britain out of major conflicts despite huge pressure.
- 5Won 3 elections and ended 17 years of Continuous conservative rule
- 6Presided over a relatively prosperous economic revival
- 7Took Britain into Europe
- 8Started the National Lottery
- 9Kept a minority government together