- 1Gary Ridgway, better known as "The Green River Killer," was responsible for the deaths of at least 49 proven victims, though he confessed to the murders of at least 71. However, the true number of victims is likely closer to 90 women. Ridgway strangled his victims and dumped the bodies in remote locations from 1982 to 2001. When he was caught in 2001, he was sentenced to life in prison.
Birthplace: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
Institution: Tyee Educational Complex
Gary Ridgway - The Green River Killer : see more
- 2Donald Harvey once boasted of killing 87 people, even though the police have only connected 37-57 names to his crimes. While working in a hospital, he acted as a self-professed "Angel of Death" - he killed his victims with painful poisons in order to end their alleged suffering. He was caught in 1987 and sentenced to 28 consecutive life sentences in prison.
Birthplace: Ohio, United States of America
Donald Harvey : see more
- 3John Wayne Gacy was best known as "The Killer Clown" because of his career as a professional clown entertainer. However, it was his rape and murder of at least 33 young men that earned him infamy. In Chicago, Gacy strangled his victims and then buried the bodies on or around his property. He was apprehended in 1978, sentenced to death, and executed by lethal injection in 1994.
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Cause Of Death: Lethal injection, Capital punishment
Place Of Death: Crest Hill, Illinois, United States of America
John Wayne Gacy : see more
- 4Jane Toppan once said that it was her greatest wish that she'd have killed more people than any man or woman who ever existed. While she didn't quite reach her goal, Toppan's 31 murder victims in 1885-1901 earned her a place in serial killer history. She killed patients when she worked as a nurse, poisoned her landlords, and murdered her foster sister. When she was discovered in 1901, she was found not guilty by reason of insanity and spent the rest of her life in an insane asylum in Massachusetts. She died in 1938 at age 81.
Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Place Of Death: Taunton, Massachusetts, United States of America
Jane Toppan : see more
- 5Ted Bundy killed at least 30 women during his murderous streak in the early 1970s. Bundy kidnapped, killed, and raped his victims in Colorado, California, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, Florida, and Washington. He was caught in 1978, sentenced to death, and executed in the electric chair in 1989.
Birthplace: Burlington, Vermont, United States of America
Institution: Woodrow Wilson High School, University of Washington, University of Utah, University of Puget Sound, Temple University
Major/Field Of Study: Psychology
Cause Of Death: Electric chair, Capital punishment
Place Of Death: Florida State Prison, Florida, United States of America
Ted Bundy : see more
items 1 - 5 of 40
got a blog or website?