- 8 ReRanks
- 2 See list ranked by
G Options B Comments & Embed 2rerank list
- 1+ 299- 136The season three finale of "M.A.S.H." shocked and angered viewers. Lt. Blake had been honorably discharged and was headed home, when news comes in that his helicopter was shot down.
The episode caused a great deal of controversy, and producers received thousands of letters from angry fans.
- 2+ 268- 124While in production on the second season of "8 Simple Rules," actor John Ritter was taken to the hospital and ultimately died of an undiagnosed aortic dissection.
Following his death, the show went on hiatus, returning two months later. Ritter's death was written into the series - his character Paul Hennesey collapses, though no exact cause of death is given.
- 3+ 285- 147Sure, King Joffrey promised he would spare Eddard Stark's life if he confessed to treason, but Joffrey is the worst and can't be trusted.
Despite the confession, Joffrey orders Ser Ilyn Payne to go ahead with the beheading. Ned's death set the tone for "Game of Thrones," a show where no character is safe.
- 4+ 250- 123
Dan ConnerAfter the Conner family wins the lottery on "Roseanne," it is revealed that Dan didn't survive his heart-attack after all and, in fact, died at Darlene's wedding.
Roseanne reveals that the series (and those lottery winnings) had been a rewriting of her life by Roseanne Conner, who created the false reality as a coping mechanism.
- 5+ 232- 128One of many victims of the infamous Red Wedding, Robb, along with his mother Catelyn Stark, his pregnant wife Talisa Stark, and countless Stark bannermen are ruthlessly murdered in season three of "Games of Thrones."
The massacre is orchestrated by Lord Walder Frey as revenge for Robb's failure to fulfill his marriage pact with House Frey.
- 6+ 198- 111One of TV's most famous moms, Archie's loving wife Edith Bunker died of a stroke in the months before the second season premiere of "All in the Family" spin off series, "Archie Bunker's Place."
Edith's death was hard on Archie, who always thought he would die before her.
- 7+ 195- 116Dr. Mark Greene was the only original "ER" character to die. Diagnosed with brain cancer, he underwent multiple treatments and operations before deciding to accept his fate.
He takes a final trip to Hawaii with his daughter, Rachel. They are later joined by his wife, Elizabeth, before he ultimately passes away.
- 8+ 172- 121After Dr. Mark Sloan sustained serious injuries during the plane crash at the end of season eight of "Grey's Anatomy," he was put on life support.
In the ninth season premiere, the machines are turned off, in accordance with his will, and both viewers and the cast mourned the death of "McSteamy."