- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
- 1Microsoft founder Gates is the richest person in the world, with a net worth of over $77 billion - virtually all of which he intends to give away.
William Henry "Bill" Gates III is an American business magnate, philanthropist, investor, computer programmer, and inventor. Gates originally established his reputation as the co-founder of Microsoft, the world’s largest PC software company, with Paul Allen. During his career at Microsoft, Gates held ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 60
- Birthplace: USA, Washington, Seattle
- Profession: Programmer, Software Architect, Businessperson, Investor, Entrepreneur
- 2Mexican telecommunicatons giant previously believed to be the richest man in the world.
Carlos Slim Helú is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. From 2010 to 2013, Slim was ranked as the richest person in the world. Known as the "Warren Buffett of Mexico", Slim derived his fortune from his extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 75
- Birthplace: Mexico City, Mexico
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Financier
- 3Billionaire and founder of Virgin Group, comprising over 400 companies.
Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson is an English businessman and investor. He is best known as the founder of Virgin Group, which comprises more than 400 companies. At the age of sixteen his first business venture was a magazine called Student. In 1970, he set up a mail-order record business. In 1972, ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 65
- Birthplace: Blackheath, London, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Businessperson, Television producer, Investor, Entrepreneur, Film Producer, + more
- 4Founder and CEO of Dell Computers, worth $24 billion.
Michael Saul Dell is an American businessman and entrepreneur. Michael, founder and CEO of Dell, Inc. is listed as one of 2009 Forbes Billionaires.moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 50
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur
- 5Oracle founder and CEO, now a full-time philanthropist.
Lawrence Joseph "Larry" Ellison is an American programmer, internet entrepreneur, adventurer, businessman and philanthropist. He was the Chief Executive Officer of the software company Oracle Corporation between its foundation in 1977 and 2014. In 2014, he was listed by Forbes as the third-wealthiest ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 71
- Birthplace: Lower East Side, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Investor, Entrepreneur
- 6Google co-founder listed as the 21st wealthiest person in the world.
Sergey Brin, a native of Moscow, received a bachelor of science degree with honors in mathematics and computer science from the University of Maryland at College Park. He is currently on leave from the Ph.D. program in computer science at Stanford University, where he received his master's degree.moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 42
- Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
- Profession: Executive Management, Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Computer scientist, Internet Entrepreneur
Bill HewlettCo-founder of computer giant Hewlett Packard. Gave Bill Gates his first job.
- 8Facebook founder worth over $47 billion. Takes a salary of one dollar.
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur. He is best known as one of five co-founders of the social networking website Facebook. Zuckerberg was made the chairman and chief executive of Facebook, Inc. in April 2013. and his personal wealth, as of March 2015, is ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 31
- Birthplace: White Plains, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Programmer, Businessperson, Entrepreneur
- 9Founder of Vera Wang Fashions, one of the most successful designers in history.
Vera Ellen Wang is an American fashion designer based in New York City and former figure skater. She is known for her wide range of haute couture bridesmaid gowns and wedding gown collections, as well as for her clientele of elite lady figure skaters, designing dresses for competitions and exhibitions.moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 66
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Fashion designer, Designer
- 10Founder and CEO of Apple who revolutionized mobile computing.
Steven Paul Jobs was an American entrepreneur, marketer, and inventor, who was the cofounder, chairman, and CEO of Apple Inc. Through Apple, he was widely recognized as a charismatic and design-driven pioneer of the personal computer revolution and for his influential career in the computer and consumer ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 56 (1955-2011)
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Inventor, Designer
- 11Media billionaire and founder of TBS.
Robert Edward "Ted" Turner III is an American media mogul and philanthropist. As a businessman, he is known as founder of the Cable News Network more popularly known as CNN, the first 24-hour cable news channel. In addition, he founded WTBS, which pioneered the superstation concept in cable television.moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 77
- Birthplace: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Television producer, Entrepreneur, Film Producer, Screenwriter, + more
- 12Heir to real estate empire who became a billionaire and media figure.
Donald John Trump Sr. is an American business magnate, investor, television personality and author. He is the chairman and president of The Trump Organization and the founder of Trump Entertainment Resorts. Trump's extravagant lifestyle, outspoken manner, and role on the NBC reality show The Apprentice ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 69
- Profession: Businessperson, Television producer, Investor, Entrepreneur, Real estate entrepreneur, + more
- 13Basketball star who founded Magic Johnson Enterprises, investing in media and real estate.
Earvin "Magic" Johnson Jr. is a retired American professional basketball player who played point guard for the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association for 13 seasons. After winning championships in high school and college, Johnson was selected first overall in the 1979 NBA draft by the ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 56
- Birthplace: Lansing, Michigan, United States of America
- Profession: Talk show host, Basketball Coach, Basketball player, Television producer, Entrepreneur, + more
Greg MaplesHigh Tech Burrito / Jaded Toad BBQ & Grillmore ABOUT
- Age: 52
- Birthplace: New York, United States of America
- Profession: Entrepreneur, CEO, Restauranteur, Businessperson, Inventor
- 16Google co-founder and current CEO, worth $40 billion.
Larry Page was Google's founding CEO and grew the company to more than 200 employees and profitability before moving into his role as president of products in April 2001. He continues to share responsibility for Google's day-to-day operations with Eric Schmidt and Sergey Brin. The son of ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 42
- Birthplace: East Lansing, Michigan, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Computer scientist, Internet Entrepreneur
- 17Little Caesars Pizza founder, owns two professional sports teams, worth $5.4 billion.
Michael "Mike" Ilitch, Sr. is an American entrepreneur, founder and owner of the international fast food franchise Little Caesars Pizza. He owns the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League and Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball. Ilitch has been at the center of Detroit's downtown ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 86
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur
- 18Media mogul and syndication pioneer. Likely the only African-American billioinaire in America.
Oprah Gail Winfrey is an American media proprietor, talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist. Winfrey is best known for her multi-award-winning talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show, which was the highest-rated program of its kind in history and was nationally syndicated from 1986 to 2011.moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 61
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Journalist, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor, + more
- 19Video game mogul and Chuck E. Cheese founder.
Nolan Kay Bushnell is an American engineer and entrepreneur who founded both Atari, Inc. and the Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza-Time Theaters chain. Bushnell has been inducted into the Video Game Hall of Fame and the Consumer Electronics Association Hall of Fame, received the BAFTA Fellowship and the Nations ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 72
- Birthplace: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Video game designer, Writer, Electrical engineer
- 20Cheesecake Factory founder and CEO who took the company public in 1992.
David Michael Overton is the founder, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of the Cheesecake Factory, Inc., the ninth largest restaurant company in the United States measured by market capitalization.moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 69
- Birthplace: United States of America