- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
- 1Microsoft founder Gates is the richest person in the world, with a net worth of over $77 billion - virtually all of which he intends to give away.
William Henry "Bill" Gates III is an American business magnate, philanthropist, investor, computer programmer, and inventor. Gates originally established his reputation as the co-founder of Microsoft, the world’s largest PC software company, with Paul Allen. During his career at Microsoft, Gates held ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 60
- Birthplace: Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Profession: Programmer, Software Architect, Businessperson, Investor, Entrepreneur
- 2Mexican telecommunicatons giant previously believed to be the richest man in the world.
Carlos Slim Helú is a Mexican business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. From 2010 to 2013, Slim was ranked as the richest person in the world. Known as the "Warren Buffett of Mexico", Slim derived his fortune from his extensive holdings in a considerable number of Mexican companies through his ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 75
- Birthplace: Mexico City, Mexico
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Financier
- 3Billionaire and founder of Virgin Group, comprising over 400 companies.
Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson is an English businessman and investor. He is best known as the founder of Virgin Group, which comprises more than 400 companies. At the age of sixteen his first business venture was a magazine called Student. In 1970, he set up a mail-order record business. In 1972, ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: 65
- Birthplace: England, London
- Profession: Businessperson, Television producer, Investor, Entrepreneur, Film Producer, + more
- 4Founder and CEO of Dell Computers, worth $24 billion.
Michael Saul Dell is an American businessman and entrepreneur. Michael, founder and CEO of Dell, Inc. is listed as one of 2009 Forbes Billionaires. moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 50
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Entrepreneur
- 5Oracle founder and CEO, now a full-time philanthropist.
Lawrence Joseph "Larry" Ellison is an American programmer, internet entrepreneur, adventurer, businessman and philanthropist. He was the Chief Executive Officer of the software company Oracle Corporation between its foundation in 1977 and 2014. In 2014, he was listed by Forbes as the third-wealthiest ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 71
- Birthplace: Lower East Side, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Investor, Entrepreneur
- 6Google co-founder listed as the 21st wealthiest person in the world.
Sergey Brin, a native of Moscow, received a bachelor of science degree with honors in mathematics and computer science from the University of Maryland at College Park. He is currently on leave from the Ph.D. program in computer science at Stanford University, where he received his master's degree.moremore ABOUT
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Moscow, Russia
- Profession: Executive Management, Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Computer scientist, Internet Entrepreneur
Bill HewlettCo-founder of computer giant Hewlett Packard. Gave Bill Gates his first job.
- 8Facebook founder worth over $47 billion. Takes a salary of one dollar.
Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur. He is best known as one of five co-founders of the social networking website Facebook. Zuckerberg was made the chairman and chief executive of Facebook, Inc. in April 2013. and his personal wealth, as of March 2015, is ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: White Plains, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Programmer, Businessperson, Entrepreneur