& Embed2rerank list
- 1Hands down the top actor around right now for me. Great talent, and great choice of movies.
Took what I thought would be a joke of a movie in Pirates of the Caribbean and made the most iconic performance I've seen in years out of it.
- 2Pretty amazing she rates so highly. An actor can have great talent and great taste, but if they don't have clout, it's not easy for them to climb on a list like this. But Maggie's managed to consistently be in movies I love, and often playing roles that absolutely stuck with me. Secretary and Stranger than Fiction stand out particularly.
- 3Has been on possibly my two favorite TV shows of this decade (Daily Show and Office), and has done some great work in theaters. Most known for 40 Year Old Virgin which was great, but his performance in Little Miss Sunshine is my favorite.
- 4Ferrell snuck up on me. I've seen more of his movies this decade than any other performer. Typically he'll provide a good enjoyable time, without what I'd call excellence, but he's still gotten up there some, particularly if you include his non-movie theater performances on SNL and online.
- 5One of the most talented guys around. Glad to see him getting more attention now with Iron Man, but he's been doing great work for quite a while. A Scanner Darkly is my personal fave, but Zodiac was great, and Tropic Thunder was crazy.
Here's hoping Sherlock Holmes is as good as it should be.
- 6One of the greats. He's slowed down a bit from the 90s, but he's still doing some great work. Cast Away and Ladykillers are good enough that we'll just not talk about Dan Brown.
- 7I realize I've seen more of her movies than any other actress this decade, despite the fact that I've missed some I meant to see. She'd rank even higher if I were generous and included Fight Club as part of this decade.
- 8I feel a little bit awkward having her on this list because she hasn't done much lately, but earlier in the decade she was on fire. Others and Moulin Rouge were great, and the Hours was fantastic.
- 9Has carved out a very solid career for himself. I became a fan of both him and Affleck after Good Will Hunting, but while Affleck hasn't picked movies to my taste, Damon has. Departed was great, and the Bourne movies are bar none the best action movies of this era.