- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
G Options B Comments & Embed 2rerank list
- 1Brilliant. In movie after movie, he'd show up and be the best part. Good Will Hunting and the Fisher King are favorites.
- 2Spacey snuck up on me. I hadn't thought of him as one of my favorites, but he just kept turning in great work. Favorites: Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil and American Beauty.
- 3The heartthrob factor bothered me at first, but damned if he didn't live up to the hype. Fight Club is possibly my favorite movie of all time.
- 4He hadn't yet hit his stride, but he was still amazing. Would recommend Benny & Joon and Donnie Brasco, as well as the beat documentary, the Source.
- 5The superstar thing generally annoys me to at least some degree, but it's impossible not to like Hanks. Adventurous work with solid success. Probably my favorite performance of this decade for him was A League of Their Own.
- 6The only woman on this list, hence my Actress of the 90s. Seems odd that women are so scarce here, but the men are generally bigger box office stars, and the big women generally are quite boring. Julianne Moore on the other hand, is just a fearless performer, who contributes to great movie after great movie. Her performances in the Anderson films Boogie Nights and Magnolia are stand outs.
- 7Old reliable. This man ends up in more great movies. His performance in Shawshank Redemption is just legendary.
- 8He's rather fallen of the map this decade but man was he fun. Austin Powers and So I Married an Axe Murderer were both cult classics.
- 9The man doesn't get much respect in acting circles, but I always like his performance. And his movie selection was very good. Favorites: Pulp Fiction and 12 Monkeys.
- 10Rapidly established himself as a favorite of mine (though then fell of pretty quickly too). I was in a big Kevin Smith kick toward the end of the 90s which he was a big part of. Then there's Good Will Hunting, one of my all time favorites, which he not only starred in but wrote.