G Options B Comments & Embed
Paul McCartneyMacca was awesome as he has been every one of the 4 times i've seen him this millenium (i'm sure if this had been the first or 2nd i would have been absolutely ecstatic). a few odd song choices (flaming pie? WTF?) but given that he played for 2.5 hours (we bailed after first encore) he is certainly allowed to throw some duff tracks in the mix.
- 2pound for pound probably the best set. this band is always a little different live when i see them - and this set was prob the best i've seen.
The Curethis lineup of the Cure is playing better live than any lineup since at least 1990 or so. missed the first 5 songs due to Orb - Jen had said the start of the cure set was lame, but from the time we got there on they were excellent, as good as last year at the shrine. missed the last 45mins or so - fatigue had set in, but we caught at least an hour and a half
My Bloody ValentineWall.
- 5great set - opened with a slow new song but after that it was a power packed hour or so. better than the wiltern last year.
- 6he was great but having just seen the full 2.5 hr set at the Nokia this set was slightly anticlimactic (and could have used a bit more volume). still it might have been my #1 of the fest if i hadn't just seen him a week earlier
- 7lotsa sugar, lotsa husker, very cool
- 8quite good - captivating set