- 11980“ A young kungfu student helps save the life of a stranger who he later finds out is a great kungfu and sword master. in return for his good deed the man agrees to teach him. unfortunately his current master doesnt like the compitition and kicks him out of the school. the master gets a small group of men to slay the 3 evil masters but they dont have much luck and the only person left alive is the master. the 3 evil masters also take over the school as there new headquarters. the student which got kicked out of the school hears about the situation and goes to reclaim the school. „
- 21978“ A ching spy is sent to infiltrate a family that is suspected of being revolutionaries. he falls in love with the daughter and marries her. soon after the spy finds out that the family members are revolutionaries and the family discovers the true identity of there new son inlaw. the spy and his wife fight side by side against her family and she is killed in the battle. he goes and creates a new style whyll in hiding called -mantis fist.- he then returns to avenge his wife and finish off the family. when he returns home with his job complete he has an interesting surprise waiting for him? „
- 31984“ The Chi Sha society of killers secretly hunt down and kill the members of the Yang Society, a government backed organization responsible for killing followers of the Chi Sha. However, the seven leaders of the Chi Sha are killed off one at the time after they are branded as spies for the Yang's. During the final battle, one last bit of treachery is revealed culminating in a great final fight sequence. „
- 41979“ Ching, a small-time crook, is sent to prison. There he meets a one-eyed master who has been sentenced to death. Shortly before he is executed, he gives Ching a wooden keepsake, half of which is missing, and cryptically tells him he must search for the other half, for then he will understand. Shortly thereafter Ching breaks out of prison with another inmate and goes in quest of the missing piece to discover its secret. However, he is not the only one after it. A gang leader who also wants the piece is now on Ching's tracks. Also, the inmate with which Ching originally escaped now seems to be popping up everywhere. What secret lies behind the wooden puzzle? „
- 51980“ Dramatically set amidst the splendor of the infamous Ching Dynasty period, "Two Champions Of Shaolin" follows the story of two young warriors from the rebel Shaolin Clan who are engaged in a deadly secret mission that could bring down the empire. Fierce rivalry with the vicious Wu Tang warriors explosively punctuates their battle for political and social freedom. „
- 61979“ Known as "The Deadly Breaking Sword," matchless swordsman Tuan Changqing (Ti Lung) certainly lives up to his nickname, breaking off an inch of his blade in the body of every opponent he defeats. A duel with halberd-wielding Lian San (Michael Chan Wai-man) leaves both men injured, the latter gravely. Meanwhile, irrepressible gambler Xiao Dao (or "Little Dagger," played by Alexander Fu Sheng) has gotten himself so deeply in debt, he must work for casino owner Luo Jinhua (Lily Li Li-li) until the money has been repaid. Sneaking to the brothel next door to get a peek at new prostitute Liu Yinxu (Shih Szu), Xiao Dao is apprehended by Tuan, who believes him to be a thief. Yinxu reveals to Tuan that a neighboring physician and philanthropist (Ku Feng) is actually a fiend known as "The Killer Doctor," but the swordsman is not convinced. The impulsive and money-obsessed Xiao Dao is, however, leading to another encounter with Lian, who has survived Tuan's blade fragment. „
- 71979“ When kung-fu film fans see the title Five Superfighters, they know they're going to see one of director John Lo Mar's best flat-out, fight-filled, non-stop minimal martial arts masterpieces. The plot is thrilling simplicity: an old medicine seller and his three apprentices learn Chinese, crane, pole, and drunken fighting to defeat an arrogant bully. Arguably the director's best-loved movie, there's no argument about just how exciting and fun this super-fight film is. „
- 81979“ The Shaolin Temple has long been opposed to the Ching government, but the Chings control the army and have banned modern weapons make resistance nearly impossible. The High Abbot of Shaolin Temple dispatches brother Chi San (David Chiang) to learn new fighting styles and the techniques of modern weapon making in the hopes of combating the Chings. But, in his absence the Shaolin Temple is attacked and destroyed by the Ching army. Armed with his new fighting style and the plans for making modern weapons Chi San vows to rebuild Shaolin Temple and take revenge on the Chings. Lo Lieh (Five Fingers of Death) reprises his role as the evil Pai Mei from Fist of the White Lotus in this classic old school tale of feudal China „
- 91978“ An evil Qing warlord (Wong Lung Wei) comes up with a brilliant plan to rid the Qing Empire of the Shaolin masters. He invites three Shaoliners to his mansion and has them fight it out with three novice South Shaoliners. Of course, the Northerners win and accidentally kill the Southerners. News of the incident reaches Shaolin, where the elder dispatches three top fighters to deal with the crisis of the Shaolin in-fighting. Here the Venoms are in top notch form under the beady eye of madman Tai Cheh „
- 101980“ Hsin Hsuan (Wang Yu) an expert swordsman, kills four professional killers appointed by the prince to escort a chest reportedly to contain valuables to Hsi An, and is appointed to complete the mission. On the way, he is helped by martial artist Yang Feng (Lo Lieh), and withstands several hijack attempts.
He is forced by swordsman Huo Ju-feng (Tang Ching) and swordsman Shi Hsien-hua (Lin Hsiu-chun), who hold Yang hostage, to hand the chest over. In the ensuing struggle, the chest is snatched by three other swordsmen, but Ku Fei-tien (Chen Kuan-tai) kills them, and the chest remains intact. Finally, Yang surprises him by trying to steal the chest. Yang is over powered and killed in the attempt.It is only when he successfully delivers the chest that he discovers that it contains nothing but bricks.
In fact, another chest containing a list of Sung's defectors to Chin is being delivered by Ku Fei-tien. Hsuan challenges Ku to a duel, and, helped by Sh*i Hsien-hua, kills him and smashes the prince's plot. „
- 111978“ Crippled Avengers' antagonist is Tiger Dao Tian-Du (Chen Kuan-Tai), a man who was once heroic until his wife is killed and his son Dao Chang (Lu Feng) has his hands taken off by a rival clan. Turning to anger, Tiger and Chang unleash their vengeance on anyone who wrongs them, even in the smallest ways. Eventually, a quartet of men (Phillip Kwok, Lo Meng, Chiang Sheng, and Sun Chien) who have been maimed by Tiger band together and learn kung fu in order to try and get their revenge. „
- 121979“ Legendary director chang cheh teamed his latest biggest stars. alexander fu sheng with f*ture venoms lo meng and kuo chue to create another winner in his film vaunted filmography. joining them were the top supporting actors (ku feng and wang lung wei) and the prettiest starlets (lin chen chi shirley yu and h*i ying hung) for an entertaining exciting tale of a kung fu blacksmith taking on four famous robbers while a villianous gambling boss plots to destroy them. „
- 131979“ Shaw Brothers' top ten stars take on the mantle of the famed Canton Ten Tigers. Witness various rare forms of martial arts, including the Beggar's Pole and the Mermaid's Tail; as well as more traditional styles, such as Wing Chun and Mantis. The Venoms can do no wrong as they take on the might of the Northern Tigers. An absolute classic--watch out for the mini-Venoms' violent and deadly ball- cracking technique „
- 141976“ Director Chu Yuan has been hailed as the premiere screen interpreter of famed author Ku Lung's martial arts novels, and this is one of their best. This exciting tale of two rival swordsmen in imperial China vying with a power-hungry villain for possession of the dangerous "peacock Dart" showcases brilliantly choreographed fights, glorious settings, superb cinematography, exceptional mise-en-scene, and a strong cast. It all leads to a final showdown that stands out as a highpoint in kung-fu cinema. „
- 151974“ After the destruction of the Shaolin Temple, the Chings are in control and send their best students to wipe out all of the remaining Shaolin practioners. They almost succeed, but two students escape (Fu Sheng and Chi Kuan Chung). They learn various Kung Fu styles from different teachers to combat the Ching's two kung fu fighters (Wang Lung Wei and John Liang). „
- 161984“ The Master killer and The Venoms fight side by side in this all-time old school classic. A heroic family is double crossed and massacred on the battle field and only two brothers - Gordon Liu (The master killer) and Alexander Fu Sheng (Chinatown Kid) survive the slaughter. Alexander fu Sheng returns home to his mother and sister but has been driven insane by witnessing the slaughter of his father and all his brothers. Gordon Liu escapes to a monastery where his bloodlust and thirst for vengeance puts him at odds with the monks. When the eldest surviving daughter is captured by the same villains who destroyed his family Gordon Liu leaves the monastery to rescue her. The final battle is spectacular as only the Master Killer can deliver. A must see. „
- 171974“ Shaolin firebrands Fang Shih-yu, Hung Hsi-kuan, and Hu Huei-chien are as famous in Asia as the Three Musketeers are in America and Europe. So when the "godfather of the kung-fu film," Chang Cheh decided to tell their stories with Alexander Fu Sheng, Chen Kuan-tai, and Chi Kuan-chi in the roles, it was cause for celebration. The resulting film is one of the most lauded and beloved in the director's filmography, and remains a highlight in all the stars' careers „
- 181982“ This is no street gang or gang of mobsters. It's a Yuan Dynasty army, out to destroy the Hsien Lung "gang" of anti-Yuan revolutionaries. Their leader is the redoubtable Chen Kuan-tai, the real-life South-East Asian Chinese Martial Arts Tournament champion and master of "Monkey-King Split and Deflecting Arm" kung-fu, who must face paternal murder, brother against brother plots, and shocking discoveries that could change the course of history. „
- 191977“ Sun Chung was already a valued comedy, romance, and modern crime filmmaker, when, through this tale of the 100 Poison Clique's obsessive ambition to destroy all rivals, he started bringing morality and motivation to martial arts movies like never before. Kung-fu superstar David Chiang and prominent choreographer Tang Chia lead the cast in a bloody clan clash centered on the trial of an admitted mass murderer and serial rapist. It was just the beginning of Sun Chung's exploration in emotion. „
- 201967“ During the Six Kingdoms era the Chun Empire is stronger than all others in China
and launches constant attacks on neighboring areas.
The king of the Han Empire, a weak character, has allowed his uncle Han Kuei to
assume full power. Han Kuei wants his empire to come under the rule of the Chun
Empire, but loyal officer Yen Sui opposes this.
In the Wei Empire, there is a patriot called Nieh Chen who has studied swordsmanship
under Wu Gee. WuÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs maid servant Hsia Ying is found of Nieh. This arouses the
resentment of his colleague, Hsu Shih. He is keen on the girl but she does not like him.
During a practice fencing session, Hsu Shih, in a fit of jealousy, strikes Nieh when he
is not looking. Wu, angered by this bit of foul play, dismisses Hsu.
Seeking revenge, Hsu accuses Nieh of treason. Hsu leads a group of soldiers to kill Wu
and his students. Nieh manages to escape the attack with his mother and sister and goes
on to kill Hsu later that night. Nieh seeks shelter in the Che Empire but Hsia Ying must
remain in the Wei Empire because her father is gravely ill.
A year goes by. Han Kuei plans to eliminate his enemies. His men attack Yen Sui at his
home. YenÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂs guard, Tu Po, saves his master but is killed during the fighting. Before he
dies, Tu Po, a colleague of Nieh tells Yen to seek the help of Nieh. „
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list