- 1Up 24Down 71979“ At the beginning of the republic, an ex-Ching lord (Chan Sing) forces a group of ex-Ching ministers to sign a declaration for the re-establishment of the Ching Dynasty. This declaration falls into the hands of a provincial police cheif (Wong Tao) and all hell breaks loose. „
- 2Up 13Down 11983“ Alexander Lo Rei plays Sun Yu Ting, a kung fu fanatic in search of a teacher. After five years of challenging masters but never being beaten he runs into Hsu Shi (William Yen), a young Shaolin monk who stole money from a gambling match in order to acquire meat and wine for his master, who later discovers Yu Ting inside the Buddhist temple. Although Hsu's master defeats Yu with ease he refuses to take him on as a student. Yu then resorts to trickery to try and learn techniques from the aged monk. Eventually these antics come to the attention of the senior abbot who expels Yu Ting from the temple altogether.
Yu is only allowed back into the temple after he rescues a girl escaping from the dreaded skyhawk clan. The head of the gang is a chief Lama and sworn enemy of Shaolin who, twelve years ago, stole one of temple's most treasured martial arts manuals the i-ching manual. Hsu Shi's master eventually agrees to take Yu Ting on as a student but lessons are cut short when the Lama turns up and kills the master (who was his ex-master). Yu now swears revenge but before he can leave Shaolin he has to learn the Buddhist Finger technique, the only style that can defeat the Lama Chief. „
- 3Up 14Down 21979“ Hung Chow (Phillip Ko) is hired by the Chings to track down a group of Ching rebels who have the secret list of names of all the rebel supporters. Of the group, only two men escape from Hung Chow's wrath: a Monk names Monk Grass (Chan Siu Pang) and a layman named Chan (Lin Chiao). Chan becomes a Sifu at a local town and Monk Grass lives off in Wang Si. Chan Sifu happens unto a lad named Sing (Cliff Lok), whom he teaches his gung fu to in secrecy. Due to some town rules (gung fu cannot be taught to outsiders), Master Chan must stop teaching Sing gung fu, and so he sends off Sing, with the secret list in tow, to find Monk Grass and learn more gung fu. Eventually, Ah Sing gets involved in the rebel cause to usurp the Ching rule. In the finale, he has to battle the Ching lackey, Hung Chow, in a duel to the death using his newfound Choi Lee Fat style. „
- 4Up 14Down 31979“ A ruthless white-haired general intends to take over a small town with the help of his posse, "The Five Hands Gang". A local tearaway and kung fu kid, Tiger, learns of their plot and informs his uncle Lee San Pai, master of the seven steps style of kung fu and sworn enemy of the Five Hands Gang. The old master instructs Tiger in the art of seven steps kung fu and together they tackle the white-haired general and the Five Hands Gang. A true classic that shook late night! „
- 5Up 11Down 11980“ Chi Kuan Chun is sent to look for a killer. Kuan Chun is a student at Shaolin and Lee I Min is mad that Kuan Chun was chosen to go. The rest of the movie is nonstop fights and comedy with Lee I Min playing jokes on Kuan Chun. The movie is kind of thin and predictable on plot but there is superb choreography and fights throughout . And overall the movie is above average with lots of good comedy. So turn your brain off and enjoy.
The choreography is done by the main villain of the movie Suen Shu Pau. I am guessing Robert Tai also had a hand in the action because I spotted him in the movie. The fighting is very dance like and it is so much fun to watch. There are too many fights to go over, but I will tell you that the final fight is the best. It is fast and furious and 8 minutes long. „
- 6Up 13Down 31979“ Lee Yi Min stars as an eager young kung fu student who seeks to improve his fighting skills with an aim to avenge his father's murder at the hands of the Ghost Face Killer, an overwhelming force of destruction and master of the death-dealing Five Element Fist. Lee Yi Min's eagerness to study attracts the attention of the Master Of Chess Boxing, Jack Long, who is the Ghost Face Killer's arch enemy. Together, master and student devise a wicked cross fertilization of the Chess Boxing and Five Element Fist styles and set out to put an end to Ghost Face's deadly reign. „
- 7Up 10Down 11978“ A grand master travels across china and challenges the best grand master from each province to prove he is the best. while he wins with some of the greatest moves of the 9 pau mai strikes there is a plot developing behind his back. a dazzling display of kung fu by the grandmaster who seek to dominate the martial arts world. joseph kuo king of action movies triumphs again with another virtouso work. „
- 8Up 8Down 01981“ Yuen Biao is a spoiled martial artist-wannabe son whose wealthy father pays others to lose to Yueb during fights. When his father's scheme is revealed to him by a seasoned Peking Opera performer (Ying), Yuen vows to learn kung-fu for real. But first he has to persuade Lam to take him on as a pupil, then there's Lam's rival colleague (Hung) and a mysterious, fight-seeking challenger to contend with! „
- 9Up 8Down 01979“ My personal favorite of the Drunken Master inspired films. Joeseph Kuo once again teams up with the Yuens to make a shapes masterpiece. Two young competing vendors(Lee Yi Min) (Jack Long) steal their grapes from the local vineyard. When they are caught, the caretaker forces them to work to repay their debt. When the vineyard becomes threatened by thugs the caretaker sees potential in the two young men and teaches them the Falls of the Eight Immortals drunken kung fu. When there master is killed by Tiger Yeh (Lung Fei) and his gang they use their drunken kung fu to defeat him.. After going their seperate ways and wandering the country for 20 years, they are reunited and learn that one of Tiger Yeh's disciples is seeking them out for revenge. Great kung fu throughout including a brief but great cameo from Mark Long. „
- 10Up 10Down 21979“ A master of pole fighting (Chang Yi) and his disciples are traveling the countryside and challenging all of the pole fighting schools to matches to the death. Wong Tao plays the young heir to one of those prominent pole fighting schools. His uncles deceive him by making him believe he has failed the test to prove himself worthy so they can throw him out of the school before the pole master arrives to kill them. Once he learns of what has happened to his family and their school, he turns his attention to becoming the best pole fighter, and seeks revenge on the man who killed his family.
- 11Up 10Down 21979“ A gang of kidnappers are selling townspeople as slaves to Indonesia. Two boys and their kung-fu teacher hear of this disturbing news and decide to try and break it up. The teacher ends up dead after fighting with the leader, Lu, known for his... A gang of kidnappers are selling townspeople as slaves to Indonesia. Two boys and their kung-fu teacher hear of this disturbing news and decide to try and break it up. The teacher ends up dead after fighting with the leader, Lu, known for his notorious fighting style, the "Hellz Windstaff." The boys are now on the run while at the same time learning new kung-fu techniques called the "White Dragon Fist" and the "Paddle-Staff" from an instructor who had bad history with Lu. The boys are angry and determined to gain revenge for their kung-fu master as the instructor prepares them for the fight of their lives „
- 12Up 12Down 4
Daggers 81980“ A young privileged student with an over protective father wants to leave home to learn kung fu. After his older brother is killed, he sets out against his fathers wishes to find great kung fu masters to teach him. He eventually meets 3 separate teachers who all teach him a different style. He learns that one by one each of the masters who taught him are being murdered by a killer in black (Tong Wai Shing).
- 13Up 7Down 01979“ "Someone is killing the great chefs of China."
The "King Of Chefs" (Chai Kai, "Mars Villa") family is wiped out by a vengeful killer but the King escapes with his grandson (Chan Siu Lung). The King Of Chefs teaches him the different and deadly "Cooking Kung Fu" so that he will be prepared to face the mysterious killer and whip up a mean lo mein!
Chan Siu Lung's (AKA Jackie Chen) acrobatic kung fu style is in full effect as he faces off in a final fight to the death with Chang Shan „
- 14Up 6Down 01977“ Iron (Chen Kuan Tai) is the no good son of a respected family of ming rebels. After a family friend betrays them they are slaughtered by the qing. Iron escapes with the help of supporters. He wanders for a while until he attempts to steal food from shaolin temple and is caught. A student at shaolin (Chi Kuan Chun) asks him to stay and he soon exceeds the other students in his kung fu. When asked to choose a style to study he choose Monkey Fist the most difficult style only taught by the Bitter Monk who has been exiled to an abandoned part of the monastery. After mastering Monkey Fist he joins the qing army as an officer in an attempt to kill those who murdered his family. A great cast of villians including Lueng Kar Lan, Wilson Tong, and Kam Kong also star. Indeed my second favorite kung fu movie of all time. „
- 15Up 6Down 01979“ Seven commandments stars li yi min as the protege of chang yi; who teaches him the seven commandments of combat. however; li breaks with his master when he learns of changs dedication to violence; something li cannot abide by; forcing the master and student to fight each other to the death. based on the spaghetti western days of wrath. „
- 16Up 7Down 11977“ Chan Sing, the muscular veteran of many genre classics including Vengeance! and Bloody Fists, plays Tamo (AKA Budhidharma), a legendary Buddhist monk who traveled to China in the 6th century. According to legend, he brought physical training exercises to Shaolin temple that aided in the development of modern Shaolin kung fu. Shaolin Monk depicts Tamo as the originator of the Eighteen Hands of the Lohan, an ancient series of qigong exercises still in use to this day. Instead of showing his involvement with Shaolin, the film has Tamo on the road and in search of a pupil, who turns out to be the son of a rural village doctor named Chi Yun (Man Kong-lung). This leads into what the movie is really about, which is how Chi Yun and his feisty gal pal Yen Chi (Chia Ling) end up in a struggle against a recently arrived Taoist priest (Chuen Yuen), who kills villagers and kidnaps all the pretty women while pretending to help them. Despite Yen Chiâs jealous hatred of the monk, Tamo ends up teaching Chi the Lohan techniques for use against the priest, while the monk takes on the priestâs reclusive master Tin Chu (Phillip Ko) „
- 17Up 7Down 11978“ An assassin terrorizes the countryside, killing many fighters from distinct clans and leaving only one clue - a mask. A secret government agent (Don Wong Tao) posing as an assassin himself, is on assignment to bring the assassin to justice. Meanwhile, Wan Yi Fei (Chen Sing) and his brother Wong Tu Lung (Wong Hap) are attacked and killed along with many other of the clan. Chen (Stephen Tung Wei), Wong Tu Lung's son, is the lone survivor and goes to the mountain to train with an old monk in order to get revenge. „
- 18Up 7Down 11979“ In a small town a ruthless gang murders two brothers, one a kung fu teacher the other a generous doctor both skilled in crane fist kung fu. The son of the Doctor vow's to seek revenge but is not strong enough. He is taken in by an old vegetable vendor who turns out to be a crane fist master, after much convincing he begins teaching him the deadly crane fist style to prepare him to take revenge against his families murderers. „
- 19Up 5Down 01979“ "Mystery Of Chess Boxing" star Lee Yi Min stars as the leader of the beggar gang. Armed with the Deadly 18 Butterfly fist, he must defeat the clan's deadliest rival: the Golden Fox. Great training and acrobatic fights make this one of Lee's best films! „
- 20Up 7Down 21979“ Set in the wu xia world of noble fighters where justice is served by the point of a sword sing pei pei (polly shang kuan) arrives in town to investigate the theft of eighteen jade arhats (figurines). joining her is swordsman kung chin ya (lee jan wa) who agrees to find the murderer of a prominent citizen and martial artist named wong chun wei (chang yi). as their investigations proceed chin ya finds himself the target of dozens of attacks most offered as a test of skill. it turns out that the person responsible is the only other master of the lo han style and he wants to make sure he is the only master! hu ying pao (lo lieh) becomes the prine suspect in the murder case but pei pei sets a trap that ultimately reveals the real murderer who also happens to be the arhats thief and the lo han master all in one „
- 21Up 6Down 11979“ Two top class kung fu fighters challenge all the top kung fu masters in the land, one motivated by revenge, the other by greed. The two fighters team up to face their ultimate challenge in the form of Master Pao „
- 22Up 7Down 21982“ Mark Long stars as the Mantis Master in this classic HK kung fu film. Lung Fei is the one-armed fighter looking for a book on the mantis technique and killing whenever he feels like it. Inevitably, Fei is tracked down by the Mantis Master and the two fight it out in an unforgettable endgame. „
- 23Up 7Down 31980“ Kwok chung is a righteous rich kid who is hobby is to fight and brawl. one encounter nearly gets him killed but he is saved by yue yi (wilson tong) the snake fist master. yue befriends and teaches kwok the deadly art of the snake. but kwok soon realizes that his teacher has more in common with a snake than just techniques he is being set up by his teacher and his family is also targeted for murder! the treachery runs very deep as kwok and yue have a snake style showdown to end them all!! this is the rarest and deadliest kung fu film ever released on dvd!! „
- 24Up 6Down 21981“ Cliff Lok stars as a troublemaker who gets sent to learn kung fu from Goo Chang. This movie has a ton of training, right up until the final fights. And the final 2 fights take up the last 20 minutes of the movie. Ma Chin Ku and Choi Wang are the villains, and they really get to shine. They are crippled at the start of the movie, and come back for revenge at the end. Ma Chin Ku is a hunchback, and Choi Wang holds his hands out awkwardly in front of him and his hands are always shaking. These 2 are why the movie is worth watching. They are perfect for these roles. And I have always liked Goo Chang, so I enjoyed his role a lot. And Cliff Lok is good just like he usually is. It's not a great kung fu movie, but definitely worth watching for oldschool fu fans. „
- 25Up 6Down 2“ A lowly waiter is determined to learn kung fu from the local barber who just happens to be a kung fu master. Filled with intense martial arts action and hilarious dialogue, this is the deiniftion of a kung fu classic! „
- 26Up 4Down 01976“ snake and crane secret is a fast paced martial arts action film about a familys battle for survival. a family tries to uphold their honor while keeping their sacred kung fu book from getting into the wrong hands. a tale of deceit mistrust and traditional values unfolds along with spectacular fight sequences necessary to keep the snake crane secret. „
- 27Up 4Down 01977“ The respective schools of The Eagle's Claw and Praying Mantis, two different disciplines of Chinese kung fu, are also bitter rivals. When yet another bloody clash between the two schools leads to the death of the master at the Eagle's Claw school, his head pupil loses faith and defects to the enemy. It is now up to the remaining pupils to uphold their school and defeat the traitor before they themselves become Praying Mantis' prey „
- 28Up 4Down 11979“ One of my favorite Leung Kar Yan films, is a story loosely based on the famous Ten Tigers of Kwangtong. Kar Yan stars as Iron Bridge Kun, a laborer for one of two rival companies in Kwangtong. The Owner of the rival company is a wanted killer who hires a gang of thugs to intimidate Kun's boss into closing up shop. Kun and his buddies stand up for their boss and beat the thugs causing their leader (played by Philip Ko Fei) to come out of hiding and fight them in an awesome final showdown.
- 29Up 3Down 01980“ Renowned kickfighter Tan Tao Liang (THE HOT, THE COOL, AND THE VICIOUS) stars in this butt-kicking kung fu fest, hailed by critics as one of the greatest kicker movies ever made! When Pan, a South China martial artist is defeated and killed by Tan, a North China challenger in a legfighter duel, Pan's younger brother Pak(Peng Kang) vows to crush Tan with his own unique style of ferocious footwork, THE LEG FIGHTER is high-flying, brilliant kickfighting action! „
- 30Up 3Down 01980“ In Beggar of No Equal, Chi Kuan Chun takes advice from the sage White Haired Scholar, who schools him in the art of Beggar Style kung fu. In Warrior of Fire, Chun is a master of the Hung Kuen Fist method who trains a novice undercover agent. „
- 31Up 4Down 21979“ When the Prince of the Ming Dynasty leaves the palace to explore the underworld, the evil General Li invites Kao Chien Yen to help him seize the opportunity to overthrow the dynasty. When Kao refuses General Li kills his whole family with the exception of his only daughter Kao Nao Hsueh. To get revenge Kao Nao Hsueh must learn kung fu at the temple but at first they are reluctant to teach her, eventually though the abbot is touched by her sincereity and accepts her as his pupil. After mastering the deadly "Crane Shadow Fist" kung fu Kao Nao Hsueh sets out to wreck her revenge on her father's killer „
- 32Up 3Down 11978“ Chi Kuan Chung is a student at a small temple when a criminal posing as a monk takes over control. The real monks that are still there send him to be trained in kung fu by a family of Masters led by Lueng Kar Yan, after undertaking grueling training he comes back to the temple to kill the criminal and return the temple to the peaceful monks.
- 33Up 3Down 11980“ An evil master (Mark Long) kills what he thought was the final member of the Wu Tang clan, little did he know that there was a son. The son, (Meng Fei) is taken by his Uncle (Jack Long) to a secret hideout to be trained in the ways of the Wu Tang. To complete his training he must seek out a book that one must complete a series of trials to posess. After learning the secrets of the book he seeks out his fathers killer for revenge.
- 34Up 3Down 11979“ An ex-constable with vengeance on his mind (Chen Kuan Tai) and a mercenary bounty hunter (Meng Fei) form an uneasy alliance to nail gang leader Shu Tin Shen and his henchmen when two of his goons break him out of jail in this fast-paced kung-fu tale. Paying a visit to the former cop -- who put the vile Shu behind bars -- the trio slaughters his family, leaving him desolate, seething and looking to settle the score. „
- 35Up 2Down 01981“ Kung Fu superstar Meng Fei stars in this kung fu story dealing with rebels trying to rise against the manchurian emperor and his band of fighters. Meng Fei must face off with a pair of sword masters, a 7-foot strong man (frankenstien like), and then he must face off with the emperor himself and his deadly toad style, complete with croaking and expanding stomach. very creative and quite enjoyable to. Meng Fei does it again „
- 36Up 3Down 21977“ A rogue swordsman known as "Soul of the Sword" has been hired by the Mongolian General to wipe out any Chinese patriots who stand in the way of the Mongol invasion. However, he kills the father of a young Kung Fu expert who teams up with the Drunken Monk to put an end to Soul of the Sword's reign of terror, and thwart the Mongol invasion. „
- 37Up 2Down 1“ Two old rivals, Sammo Hung and Lau Kar-wing meet every 10 years to find out whose weaponry skills are better. These duels always end up in a draw and as the two warriors are aging they decide to each take on a pupil so that the duel may continue. The most interesting part is Sammo also plays Lau's student and lau at the same time plays Sammo's student. In the end before the rivalry students come to an ultimate duel just as their mentors have done in the past, they must unite to defeat a common foe. Incredible and brilliant fight scenes ensue. „
- 38Up 2Down 1“ The story is a sordid tale of the escapades of a happy-go-lucky Chi Kuan Chun who after wasting much of his youth on finding a reason to live, he meets a mentor who gives his life meaning, so much so that now he has found a reason to martyr himself.........
Candy Wen (Lady Assassin) Chu Tiet Wu (Legendary Weapons of China) Hon Gwok Choi (Kid from Kwang Tung) -all of which are Shaw Bros. Alumni - gave creditable performances. There is some comedy present in this film, but not enough to erode interest in the material „
- 39Up 3Down 31980“ This brilliant kung fu film was originally written for Bruce Lee to star in. However, after his tragic death in 1973, the project was shelved until 1980, when former Bruce Lee director Lo Wei revamped the project and thrust a new Lee--Jimmy Lee--into the starring role of Nie Kan Yao, the true life Ming patriot who nearly brought down the Ching rule singlehandedly. Without doubt one of the best kung fu films ever made. Breathtaking choreography from "The King Of Flash", Alan Hsu. „
- 40Up 2Down 2“ The Rodent Posse (Rat, Mole and Vole) are a ruthless group of killers who murder all those who stand in their way. A young girl manages to escape from their foul doings and is trained in the 8 Strikes of the Wildcat by a wise old master in order to defeat the Rodents once and for all. „
items 1 - 40 of 40
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list