- 1+ 145- 41
2 slices bacon, chopped
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (14.5 oz.) whole tomatoes, undrained
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. dried whole oregano
4 c. (16 oz.) grated American cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; add onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is soft for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, chilies, cumin, salt, oregano and pepper; blend well.
- Reduce heat to low; add cheese, stir until melted.
- Serve hot with tortilla or corn chips.
- 2+ 46- 5
On The Border Fajitas
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/3 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large clove garlic, pressed
3 teaspoons vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Dash onion powder
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or 1 pound top sirloin or a combination of 1 chicken breast half and 1/2 pound sirloin
1 Spanish onion, sliced
* Fajitas sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
Dash ground black pepper
* On the Side
1/2 cup pico de gallo
1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup guacamole
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded lettuce
6-8 6-inch flour tortillas
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a small bowl.
- Soak your choice of meat in marinade for 2 hours or more.
- When meat has marinated, preheat your barbecue or stove top grill to high.
- Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion slices in oil for 5 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, water, and lime juice in a small bowl; pour it over onions.
- Add black pepper; continue to saute for 4-5 minutes and season salt to taste.
- While sauteing onions, grill meat for 4-5 minutes per side or until done.
- While meat and onions are cooking, heat up another skillet over high heat.
- When the meat is done, remove it from the grill; slice meat into thin strips.
- Remove the extra pan from heat; dump onions and the rest of the liquid.
- Add meat to pan; serve immediately with pico de gallo, Cheddar cheese, guacamole, and sour cream arranged on a separate plate on a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Steam tortillas in a moist towel in the microwave for 30 seconds; serve on the side.
- Serve salsa also, if desired.
- 3+ 45- 11
On The Border Salsa
2 large roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped shopping list
2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes (Mexican style)
2 jalapenos, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon cumin, to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 large vidalia onion, coarsely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
1/3 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse until well blended.
- 4+ 28- 4
On The Border Guacamole
- 5+ 53- 25
Sour Cream Sauce for Enchiladas and Chimichangas
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
chili powder to taste
- Blend flour and butter in saucepan.
- Stir in reserved broth and 1 C. jack cheese, 1-1/2 cups sour cream and additional chili powder.
- Pour over enchiladas; bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining jack cheese; put back in oven until cheese melts.
- 6+ 23- 4
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Breast, 3 breast,
Canned Diced tomatoes 1 can
Enchilada Sauce, 1 can
Onions, raw, 1 medium
Green Chili Peppers, 1 7 oz can
Garlic, 3 cloves or 1 TBSP
Water, tap, 4 cups
Cumin, 1 TBSP
Chili powder, 1TBSP
Wild Blend Brown Rice-1 cup
Zucchini 4 medium
- Cut up chicken into bite size pieces.
- chop up onion, and zucchini.
- add all ingredients to pot; cook slow for 2 hours.
- Add tortillas and cheese and serve. Makes 12 1-cup servings.
- 7+ 9- 3
On The Border Rolls
1 pkg Nasoya® Egg Roll wraps
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
8 cup fresh baby spinach
1 cup frozen corn
1 (15 oz) can of pinto beans,drained
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
6 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Oil for frying
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions; cook for 5 minutes until tender.
- Stir in spinach, corn, pinto beans, and lime juice.
- Add salt and cumin; stir in the cheese.
- Place 1/4 cup of filling into each Nasoya wrap.
- Fold sides and form into egg roll; dampen edges with water to seal the roll.
- Add enough oil to cover egg rolls; heat over medium high heat.
- Cook rolls in batches until brown; drain on paper towel. Makes 8 servings.