- 1Up 3Down 1
P.F. Chang's Wonton Soup-2 chicken breast halves without skin, cubed
-1 lb medium shrimp, tail off, fresh or frozen
-1 cup fresh spinach, torn in small pieces
-1 cup sliced mushrooms
-1 x 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained
-1 tbsp Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- green part only 1 tspn finely chopped green onion
-4 cups chicken stock
-1 tspn finely chopped fresh ginger
-l tspn light brown sugar
* Homemade Wontons:
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 6 oz pork, coarsely chopped
- 8 medium shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine, or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tspn finely chopped green onion, green part only
- 1 tspn finely chopped fresh ginger
- l tspn light brown sugar
- Bring chicken stock to a rolling boil; add all ingredients.
- Cook until chicken and shrimp are cooked through for 10 minutes.
- Homemade Wontons: In a bowl, mix chopped pork and ground shrimp with brown sugar, rice wine or sherry, soy sauce, scallions and chopped ginger;blend well and set aside for 25-30 minutes. Place 1 tsp of filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Wet edges of each wonton with a little water and press them together with your fingers to seal, then fold each wonton over.
- Add wontons to boiling chicken stock and cook for 4-5 minutes; transfer to individual bowls and serve.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions.
- 2Up 2Down 0
Szechwan Chicken Chow- 4 ounces ground chicken (cooked)
- 14 ounces chow fun noodles (wide rice noodle)
- 2 teaspoons minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon Szechwan preserved vegetables (can be found at Asian market)
- 2 teaspoons shredded black fungus mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon mushroom soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons water
- Separate the noodles; cover with plastic wrap until ready for use.
- Heat the wok; add 2 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- Stir fry garlic and chili paste for 6 seconds.
- Add ground chicken; stir fry with garlic and chili paste.
- Add black fungus mushrooms and sauce; stir-fry for10 seconds.
- Separate noodles and mix into wok a handful at a time.
- Continue cooking for 2-4 minutes or until noodles are hot.
- Mix in sesame oil before serving.
- Garnish with Szechwan preserved vegetables and minced scallions. Makes 2 servings.
- 3Up 4Down 3
Chicken Lettuce Wraps8 fresh shiitake mushrooms
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons dry sherry
2 teaspoons water
salt and pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
5 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon fresh ginger , minced
2 garlic cloves , minced
2 green onions , minced
2 small dried chilies (optional)
1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots , minced
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts , minced
1 (2 ounce) package cellophane noodles , prepared
* Cooking Sauce
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
12 leaves iceberg lettuce , cups
- Cut and discard woody stems from mushrooms.
- Mince mushrooms; set aside.
Mix all ingredients for cooking sauce in bowl, and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cornstarch, sherry water, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken; stir to coat chicken thoroughly.
- Stir in 1 tsp oil; let sit 15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 tbsp oil and add chicken; stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to pan and add ginger, garlic, chilies if desired, and onion; stir fry about a minute or two.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; stir fry another 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add mixed cooking sauce to pan; cook until thickened and hot.
- Break cooked cellophane noodles into small pieces and put into serving dish.
- Pour chicken mixture on top of noodles; spoon into lettuce leaf and roll.
- 4Up 3Down 2
Honey Seared Chicken* Batter
4 ounces flour
2 1/2 ounces cornstarch
6 ounces water
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
* Chicken Seasoning
1 lb boneless chicken breast , cut up
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup sake (rice wine)
1/2 cup honey
3 ounces rice vinegar
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
6 tablespoons sugar
- Batter: Mix the ingredients together thoroughly; let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Coat chicken with seasonings; marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Coat chicken with batter and fry in oil.
- Sauce: Mix ingredients together; when ready to eat, mix 1/4 cup water with 1/4 cup cornstarch.
- Bring sauce to a boil and add the cornstarch mixture slowly; boil 1-2 minutes.
- Coat cooked chicken with the sauce.
- 5Up 2Down 1
Cantonese Stir-Fry Sauce
Is this list missing something?
BE THE FIRST TO ADD AN ITEM
items 1 - 5 of 7
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list