G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1+ 211- 74
Lime Cilantro Rice2 cups water
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 teaspoon lime zest
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring water t booil; stir butter and rice into water.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender for 20 minutes.
- Stir lime zest, lime juice, and cilantro into cooked rice just before serving.
- 2+ 175- 67
Mexican Gumbo Soup2 T Olive Oil
1 C each diced red and green bell pepper and white onion
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
3 T Ground Cumin
1 28 Oz. can crushed tomatoes
3 small cans of chopped green chile peppers, drained
4 14 oz cans vegetable broth
1/2 C Lime juice
3 C cooked white rice
3 C cooked black beans
1 16 oz container pico de gallo
OPTIONAL (not included in nutritional info):
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in peppers and onions, garlic and cumin.
- Cook 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Mix in tomatoes and chile peppers.
- Pour in broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low; simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in lime juice and blend with an immersion blender.
- In 6 bowls (or into the soup if desired), add 1/2 C each rice and black beans.
- Ladle soup over rice and beans; top with pico de gallo and your choice of garnish.
- 3+ 172- 84
Qdoba Queso Dip1 cup shreddred monterey jack cheese
1 cup American cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 roasted poblano peppers (finely chopped)
8 ounces tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoons ground garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours; stir occasionally or until cheese is melted.
- Thin with more milk or cream if necessary; taste and adjust seasoning.
- For additional flavor, add finely chopped onion, ground cumin, chopped roasted red pepper, etc.
- Serve hot from crock with tortilla chips.
- 4+ 44- 36
Shredded Beef1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck (trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces)
1/2 medium onion , chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (dried)
2 tablespoons oregano leaves (dried)
2 garlic cloves (halved)
1 beef bouillon cube (optional)
2 cups water
2 garlic cloves , chopped
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 cup beef broth (from Part 1)
3 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
3 dashes pepper sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Beef: Place all ingredients from part 1 into a stockpot that has a lid and bring to a boil.Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer with the lid on for 1-2 hours, or until meat is tender. When tender, remove meat and shred using a fork or your fingers.
- Seasoning: Heat oil in a large pan; saute garlic.
- Add shredded beef and a cup of strained cooking broth.
- Heat to a simmer; add cumin, brown sugar, tomato sauce and heat through.
- Add pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as filling for burritos or tacos, with your favorite additions.
- 5+ 31- 29
Mango Salsa2 cups mangoes , cut into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
1 medium red pepper , diced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium cucumber , diced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 red onion , diced into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch pieces
1 jalapeno , finely minced
1/4 cup cilantro (fresh chopped)
1 lime , juiced (or approximately 2 tablespoons of juice)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pinch salt
- If using frozen mangoes, thaw and then cut into 1/4" to 1/2" pieces; place in mixing bowl.
- Cut ends of cucumber and peel skin, Cut in half lengthwise; scrape out seeds.
- Dice into small pieces; add to mixing bowl.
- Dice 1/4 red onion and red pepper; add to bowl.
- Mince jalapeno; add to bowl.
- Chop cilantro and add to bowl.
- Squeeze 2 tbsp of lime juice and add to bowl.
- Add sugar and salt, then stir. Refrigerate until needed.
- 6+ 56- 58
Qdoba Burrito4 Boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
1 4oz can Chipotle peppers in Adobo
1/2 package fajita seasoning
splash of vinegar
1/2 C water
1/4 to 1/2 C Olive Oil
- Combine peppers, fajita seasoning, vinegar and water into blender or food processor; blend until smooth.
- While running drizzle in oil; pour over chicken and let sit for 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready, fire up grill to a low or med low heat.
- Slowly cook chicken until done; discard remaining marinade.
- Be sure to let chicken sit for 10-15 minutes before you cut it.
- 7+ 18- 25
Poblano Pesto1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic , minced
2 medium poblano chiles , roasted, peeled, de-seeded, and diced into 1/4-inch pieces (approx. 3/4 cup)
4 ounces mild green chilies , canned
1 tablespoon jalapeno , de-seeded and diced
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup almond meal
1 tablespoon pepitas , toasted and finely ground (you can also substitute pinenuts)
1/2 tablespoon salt (or less, depending on preference)
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 tablespoon lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro , chopped
- Heat oil in a small saucepan; add garlic and saute until cooked on medium heat.
- Add poblano chiles, green chiles, jalapenos and water.
- Turn heat down to maintain a simmer; cook 10 minutes.
- Add almond meal, toasted pepitas, salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Remove from heat; allow to cool for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro and lime juice; stir to blend. Serve.