- 1Up 8Down 1“ "People see God every day, they just don't recognize him."
When we look for God, really look, we will recognize that he is all around us. „
- 2Up 7Down 1“ "God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight."
-- Reggie White
So true. God expects a great deal from us, but not more than He believes we can handle. This quote from the late former NFL defensive end Reggie White, known to some as the "Minister of Defense" because of his spirituality, sums things up nicely. „
- 3Up 6Down 1“ "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
This incredibly inspirational quote was used by Nelson Mandela during his inaugural speech in 1994. Maryanne Williamson lays it all out here, letting us know that it's okay to use the gifts and the light God gives us each day - even if it seems overwhelming at times. We help others by shining brightly. „
- 4Up 6Down 1“ "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."
-- Mother Teresa
This well-known quote is often found on inspirational cards, with good reason. For those feeling an incredible burden, whatever it may be, it helps to stop and think that God won't pile on more than they can sort through. „
- 5Up 6Down 1“ "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God."
-- Leo Buscaglia
Buscaglia is explaining in this quote that God gives each of us a unique talent, something that we can use to give back to the world in some way. That is his gift, plain and simple. How we choose to use (or not use) this gift speaks to our beliefs. „
- 6Up 5Down 2“ "The greatest act of faith takes place when a man finally decides that he is not God."
--Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Famed German writer Goethe says a lot in this one line. True faith means accepting that you are not always in control. God is. „
- 7Up 4Down 1“ "God enters by a private door into each individual."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Religion is extremely personal. Each person experiences God and faith in different ways. Some may let God into their heart only after a great crisis; others spend a lifetime knowing Him. But in each case, God enters differently. „
- 8Up 3Down 1“ "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
British statesman Sir Winston Churchill speaks volumes with this quote. Those who don't believe may find themselves faced with "the truth" (that God exists), but some choose to continue to deny it and move on quickly. They can't face the reality. „
- 9Up 3Down 2“ "I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use."
Galileo definitely was at the center of the debate between religion and science, though here he clearly explains why both can exist mutually. We are given abilities by God - we need to use them. „
- 10Up 3Down 2“ "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."
This prayer has become one of the most widely recognized quotes about God in history. Reinhold originally intended it to be used in a sermon. Today, it's widely known and regularly used (particularly by Alcoholics Anonymous). It's a call to let go when it's needed and to fix what needs fixing in our lives, all the while understanding what we cannot control and what we can. „
- 11Up 1Down 1“ "We need not join the mad rush to purchase an earthly fallout shelter. God is our eternal fallout shelter."
--Martin Luther King
Ever feel like the entire world is crashing down around you? Chaos and unrest can make one want to build a fortress to hide - or a fallout shelter to cower. Dr. King says simply here that this isn't necessary. We only need to have faith that God, and Heaven, will be a place of eternal peace - no matter what is happening on Earth. „
- 12Up 1Down 1“ "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
-- C.S. Lewis
British scholar and novelist C.S. Lewis quoted God quite often and his beliefs can be found throughout his most famous writings, including "The Chronicles of Narnia" series of fantasy novels. „
- 13Up 1Down 2“ "God loves each of us as if there were only one of us."
This couldn't be more true - we are all children of God and he loves all of us equally. „
items 1 - 13 of 13
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list