- 1In the episode where George (Costanza... this is going to get tricky) discovered the joys of taking daynaps under his desk at work, he takes a nap and oversleeps only to have Steinbrenner come into his office looking for George, curious about what the title of the song "Heartbreaker" was.
Steinbrenner, the ever persistent gentleman, waits patiently in George's office and ends up singing the worst version of Heartbreaker ever (that is, AFTER his grandchildren show up and try to play with George).
George then calls Jerry and tells him to distract Steinbrenner.
Jerry calls in a bomb threat.
- 2Steinbrenner comes over to the Costanza's to let George's parents know that he died and was a hard worker. The pay off is Jerry Stiller (Constanza's dad) letting him have it for a trade that Steinbrenner made some years back.
A perfect example of George's relationship with papa Costanza. The greatest part of this clip is the message that George's dad leaves on Jerry's machine.
- 3In this clip, Steinbrenner needs a calzone from the best calzone place in the world. He sends George out to go get one for him, but of course, whenever George Costanza needs to prove himself in some way, shape or form, he falls flat.
Steinbrenner NEEDS his calzone, though. He just needs it.
"Costanza is in the building!"
Too bad it's just toasty pants that got warmed up with a calzone.
Click here for the FULL SAGA of Seinfeld's Steinbrenner and his obsession with calzones.
- 4George Steinbrenner running through a list of people that he has fired over the years was one of the greatest gags Seinfeld did on the proud owner of the Yankees.
Taking a fun poke at the people he's let go over the years, Seinfeld's Steinbrenner goes through a list of the people he's fired throughout the years after giving George a spur the moment promotion.
Yogi Berra, Lou Panella, Bucky Dent, BIlly Martin, Dallas Green, Dick Hauser, Bill Verton, Billy Martin, Scott Marrow, Billy Martin, Bob Lemon, Billy Martin, Gene Michael...
- 5George Steinbrenner himself made an unaired cameo on the show.
The full cameo ended up on the cutting room floor. No one's really clear as to why, but many suspect that while Steinbrenner was comfortable with the lampooning he received, he thought being involved was a little too much.
got a blog or website?