- Karla Homolka was one half of the murderous couple that haunted the people of Canada. Homolka, along with her psychotic husband Paul Bernardo, raped and murdered multiple women, including her own sister. When the couple was discovered in 1993, Homolka turned over evidence on her husband in exchange for a reduced sentence. She was released in 2005 after serving only 12 years in prison.
Karla Leanne Homolka, also known as Karla Leanne Teale and Leanne Bordelais, is a convicted Canadian serial killer who helped her husband rape and murder at least three women. She attracted worldwide media attention when she was convicted of manslaughter following a plea bargain in the 1991 and 1992 ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 45
- Birthplace: Port Credit, Ontario, Canada
- Credits: The Fifth Estate
- As one of the scariest serial killers in human history, Pedro Lopez was responsible for the rape and murder of hundreds of women in Columbia, Eduador, and Peru. He was caught in 1980 but only served 14 years in an Ecuadorian prison. Once he was released, he spent three years in a mental hospital in Colombia. He was declared sane in 1998 and released on $50 bail. Lopez is currently free and suspected of further murders in Colombia.
Pedro Alonso López is a Colombian serial killer, accused of raping and killing more than 300 girls across his native country, then Peru and Ecuador, and possibly other countries. Aside from uncited local accounts, López’s crimes first received international attention from an interview conducted by Ron ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 67
- Birthplace: Santa Isabel, Colombia
- When Mary Bell was just 11 years old, she had already killed two young boys in separate incidents by strangling them and mutilating one with scissors. She was convicted of manslaughter in 1968. Twelve years later, when she was age 23, Bell was freed and able to change her name to start a new life. She won a court order that permanently protects her identity and that of her daughter – a protection for convicts now known as a "Mary Bell order." According to reports as recently as 2009, Bell had become a grandmother.
Mary Flora Bell is a British woman who, as a child, strangled to death two little boys in Scotswood, an inner-city suburb of Newcastle upon Tyne. She was convicted in December 1968 of the manslaughter of the two boys, Martin Brown and Brian Howe. Bell was 11 when she was convicted for killing Brown and ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 58
- Birthplace: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Louis Van SchoorIn South Africa, Louis Van Schoor killed at least seven men who he claimed were burglars. After each murder, he'd be cleared by officials without so much as a caution. However, he was finally discovered in 1992. After serving only 12 years for the crimes, he was released in 2004.
- Cannibal killer Nikolai Dzhumagaliev murdered and ate the remains of at least seven women (with the number probably closer to 50) in the Soviet Union. He was often known as the Metal Fang since he replaced his own teeth with white, metal teeth. He was caught in 1980, escaped in 1989, was recaptured, and then released after 10 years of psychological evaluation.
Nikolai Dzhumagaliev is a Kazakh serial killer and cannibal. He was found to have killed seven women before he was caught in 1980 and it was suspected, that he may have killed more women. He was also known as "Metal Fang" for his white metal teeth.moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 63
- Birthplace: Kazakh Soviet Socialist Republic
Nikita FouganthineSwedish serial killer Nikita Fouganthine (born Jua Veikko Valjakkala) killed three people in 1988. He was caught soon after and convicted of the crimes. Although he received a life sentence in a Finnish prison, he escaped in 1994. During his brief time of freedom, he held a teacher hostage but was soon caught afterwards. He escaped and caught again three more times in 2002, 2004, and 2006. In 2011, Fouganthine escaped from prison, and he has been on the lam ever since.
Nikita Joakim Fouganthine is a Finnish murderer convicted of the triple murder of a family in the northern Swedish community of Åmsele.moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 50
- Birthplace: Pori, Finland
Bartolomeo GaglianoItalian serial killer Bartolomeo Gagliano was responsible for the death of at least three prostitutes in the late 80s. He was sentenced to eight years in a criminal asylum before the deaths of two of his victims, but he broke out with a fellow inmate in time to kill two prostitutes on Valentine's Day 1989. He said he was targeting people who spread the HIV virus. In December 2013, Gagliano escaped prison again in Genoa, Italy, and is allegedly armed and dangerous.
- Norwegian serial killer Arnfinn Nesset worked as a nurse when he killed 22 people and attempted to kill more. Throughout the 80s, Nesset poisoned his patients with a muscle relaxer. In Norwegian law, the maximum time for a prisoner was 21 years; however, he only served 12 years of his sentence. He was released under parole terms, which have since expired. He is currently living under an assumed name in Norway.
Arnfinn Nesset is a Norwegian former nurse, nursing home manager and convicted serial killer. His crimes include the murders of at least 22 people, as well as attempted murder, document forgery and embezzlement. He may have murdered up to 138 people. In 1983 he was convicted of poisoning 22 patients and ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: age 79
- Birthplace: Norway
G Options B Comments & Embed