G Options B Comments & Embed
- 9The medical marijuana laws in Maine have changed multiple times. In 1999, a little over 1 ounce of marijuana was allowed for doctors and their patients. In 2002, the amount of cannabis allowed doubled. In 2009, Maine voted in a law that required a registry of all medical marijuana users.
- 10Although medical marijuana in Maryland isn't technically legal, if a person is being persecuted for the possession of marijuana, the law is required to consider the medical necesity and then only offer a small fine.
- 11In 2012, the Massachusetts Medical Marijuana Initiative was passed with 63% of the vote.
- 12The Michigan Medical Marijuana Initiative was voted into law in 2008. There is a registry of all legal users and a medical marijuana ID card.
- 13In 2004, Initiative 148 eliminated all criminal punishment of the use of medical marijuana in Montana. Up to six marijuana plants are legal to own.
- 14New Hampshire became the 19th state to allow medical marijuana in 2013.
- 15Since 2000, Nevada citizens have been able to possess 1 ounce of marijuana and grow up to 7 cannabis plants.
- 16New Jersey legalized medical marijuana in 2010 for people with chronic illnesses.