- 1+ 15- 1
Fry 'n Steakburger Seasoning
4 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon soybean oil
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add the sugar, paprika, and turmeric.
- Stir mixture gently until all seasonings are thoroughly mixed.
- Add a teaspoon of soybean or other oil to the ground beef when combining seasoned salt to incorporate into burgers.
- 2+ 7- 1
2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 lb ground beef or 1 lb chuck
8 slices sourdough bread
1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
2 tablespoons onions , diced fine
8 slices American cheese
4 slices swiss cheese
- Combine Thousand Island Dressing and ketchup thoroughly; set aside.
- Form ground beef into 8 thin patties; Pan fry to desired doneness and set aside.
- While cooking patties, lightly toast bread slices in a toaster.
- Drain excess fat from skillet; add 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine on skillet at medium heat and add all onions when butter has melted.
- Cook onions 2-3 minutes or until softened; remove and set aside but do not drain skillet.
- Place bread slices in skillet; cook 1-2 minutes, or bread is until lightly toasted.
- Flip bread and toast other side.
- Remove from the skillet; melt remaining butter and repeat the toasting with the remaining slices of bread.
- Top bottom slices of bread with one slice of American cheese.
- Layer one beef patty on top of cheese, then a slice of Swiss cheese, another beef patty, another slice of American cheese.
- Distribute grilled onions evenly on all four sandwiches.
- Spread top slices of bread with the dressing mixture, and close sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally; serve with 2 lettuce leaves and 2 tomato slices.
- 3+ 6- 1
5 Way Chili
2 lbs lean ground chuck (coarsely ground)
1 cup onion (diced)
1/2 cup onion (diced)
1 teaspoon celery salt
4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 (16 ounce) cans light kidney beans
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons chili powder , plus
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato paste
- In a skillet on medium low heat, saute ground beef and onions.
- When done, drain beef grease; place in a medium large sauce pan.
- Add celery salt, tomato sauce, kidney beans, garlic powder, garlic salt, chili powder, pepper, water and salt; mix all ingredients.
- On low heat place a lid on sauce pan and simmer for one hour, stirring frequently. After chili has been cooking for a hour add tomato paste and stir well. Place lid on pan and simmer an additional half hour.
For individual serving :.
In a shallow bowl or plate place:Generous helping of spaghetti, 3/4 degrees C Chili.
2 Tbs. Chili Sauce.
Chopped Onions (to taste).
1/2°C Shredded Monterey Jack and Colby Cheese Mix.
Top with additional onions to your taste. Any leftover chili can be placed on crisp tortilla chips for a light lunch or a great snack.
Chili sauce can be purchased at most grocery stores in the condiement area. It is sold in a glass bottle, and looks somewhat like the old glass Heinz Ketchup bottles.
- 4+ 2- 1
Chicken Melt Sandwich
Two slices of white bread or sourdough bread
Two thin slices of chicken breast
Two slices of bacon
Two slices of either Swiss or American cheese
2-4 tomato slices
- Cut each slice of bread into two halves.
- Butter both sides of bread slices; place flat in a warm skillet.
- Flip bread slices until both the sides of the bread are slightly golden brown.
- Remove bread from skillet and place a slice of cheese each on two bread slices and cover it with the remaining two slices.
- Heat two slices of bacon in skillet for a minute.
- Season chicken breasts and grill; flip as needed.
- Remove the two bread slices from top of the cheese; place one slice of bacon each on the cheese.
- Place one slice of tomato on bacon; top with chicken breast.
- Finish off with Frisco sauce; place the remaining bread slices on top.
- 5+ 2- 2
Steak 'n' Shake Spaghetti
1 (20 oz.) can Chili Man Chili
1 cup ketchup
½ cup barbeque sauce (original)
1 lb. ground beef
- Brown ground beef; drain.
- Add ketchup and barbeque sauce.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 6+ 1- 1
Chocolate Malt Shake
2 cups fat-free, sugar-free vanilla ice cream
1 2 cup light silken tofu
1 4 cup fat-free milk
3 tablespoons malted milk powder
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 3 cup aerosol fat-free refrigerated whipped topping
- In a milkshake maker or blender, combine the ice cream, tofu, milk, malted milk powder, and chocolate syrup; place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Blend on high power, stir once or twice, for 30-90 seconds or until well mixed.
- Blend for another 20 seconds; pour into a 20 oz glass and top with whipped topping.
- 7+ 0- 1
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon pure honey
1 tablespoon cream
handful of ice cubes
- Blend ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
G Options B Comments & Embed