Steak 'n Shake recipes - the easy way to prepare the best dishes from the Steak 'n Shake menu. These are copycat recipes, not necessarily made the same way as they are prepared at Steak 'n Shake, but closely modeled on the flavors and textures of Steak 'n Shake's popular food, so you can bring these exotic tastes to your own table for a fraction of the cost.
Steak 'n Shake is a casual diner-style restaurant chain with headquarters in Indianapolis, IN. Their most famous menu item is the Steakburger, made of T-bone, sirloin, and round steak cuts of meat. With 487 locations in 22 states, Steak 'n Shake offers both drive-through window service for fast food or front-window service for an experience like eating at a traditional diner.
From Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits to Buffalo Wild Wings hot sauce, chain and franchise restaurants are popular destinations around the world. Eating out too frequently can be costly, not to mention that it's hard to control portion size, ingredients, or the style of cooking to suit your preferences.Making Steak 'n Shake recipes on your own allows you to save money while enjoying your favorite menu items from the casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Steak 'n Shake recipes from around the Web.
Fry 'n Steakburger Seasoning
4 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon soybean oil
- Add the sugar, paprika, and turmeric.
- Stir mixture gently until all seasonings are thoroughly mixed.
- Add a teaspoon of soybean or other oil to the ground beef when combining seasoned salt to incorporate into burgers.
5 Way Chili
2 lbs lean ground chuck (coarsely ground)
1 cup onion (diced)
1/2 cup onion (diced)
1 teaspoon celery salt
4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 (16 ounce) cans light kidney beans
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
2 tablespoons chili powder , plus
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato paste
- When done, drain beef grease; place in a medium large sauce pan.
- Add celery salt, tomato sauce, kidney beans, garlic powder, garlic salt, chili powder, pepper, water and salt; mix all ingredients.
- On low heat place a lid on sauce pan and simmer for one hour, stirring frequently. After chili has been cooking for a hour add tomato paste and stir well. Place lid on pan and simmer an additional half hour.
For individual serving :.
In a shallow bowl or plate place:Generous helping of spaghetti, 3/4 degrees C Chili.
2 Tbs. Chili Sauce.
Chopped Onions (to taste).
1/2°C Shredded Monterey Jack and Colby Cheese Mix.
Top with additional onions to your taste. Any leftover chili can be placed on crisp tortilla chips for a light lunch or a great snack.
Chili sauce can be purchased at most grocery stores in the condiement area. It is sold in a glass bottle, and looks somewhat like the old glass Heinz Ketchup bottles.
2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 lb ground beef or 1 lb chuck
8 slices sourdough bread
1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
2 tablespoons onions , diced fine
8 slices American cheese
4 slices swiss cheese
- Form ground beef into 8 thin patties; Pan fry to desired doneness and set aside.
- While cooking patties, lightly toast bread slices in a toaster.
- Drain excess fat from skillet; add 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine on skillet at medium heat and add all onions when butter has melted.
- Cook onions 2-3 minutes or until softened; remove and set aside but do not drain skillet.
- Place bread slices in skillet; cook 1-2 minutes, or bread is until lightly toasted.
- Flip bread and toast other side.
- Remove from the skillet; melt remaining butter and repeat the toasting with the remaining slices of bread.
- Top bottom slices of bread with one slice of American cheese.
- Layer one beef patty on top of cheese, then a slice of Swiss cheese, another beef patty, another slice of American cheese.
- Distribute grilled onions evenly on all four sandwiches.
- Spread top slices of bread with the dressing mixture, and close sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally; serve with 2 lettuce leaves and 2 tomato slices.
Steak 'n' Shake Spaghetti
1 (20 oz.) can Chili Man Chili
1 cup ketchup
½ cup barbeque sauce (original)
1 lb. ground beef
- Add ketchup and barbeque sauce.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.