- 1+ 40- 12
Swiss Chalet Dipping Sauce
3 C. water
1/4 C. tomato juice
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp white sugar
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. dried mustard
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 bay leaf
3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
6 drops Tabasco sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pour water and tomato juice into a saucepan; add all except lemon juice, cornstarch, water and oil.
- Stir with whisk thoroughly; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and stir in lemon juice.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 tbsp water; stir into sauce.
- Cook and stir constantly until sauce thickens; whisk in vegetable oil. Makes 3 cups.
- 2+ 40- 14
Chicken Noodle Soup
1 pound chicken breast fillets
1 pound chicken thigh fillets
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced celery
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
1 cup sliced carrot
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
2 cups egg noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rub a little vegetable oil over the surface of each piece of chicken; arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes; remove chicken from oven and set it aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; saute onion and celery in the saucepan for 4-5 minutes.
- Dice chicken; add to the pot along with remaining ingredients, except noodles.
- Bring soup to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer for another 15 minutes until noodles are tender; serve with a pinch of minced fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
- 3+ 17- 2
1 (3 to 4 pound ) whole chicken (boneless chicken breasts if desired)
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon onion salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dehydrated tomato soup mix
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon savoury
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 cup water
- Mix all ingredients, except for chicken in a large plastic bag.
- Add chicken; refrigerate for at least 6 hours, best overnight.
- Cook chicken in rotisserie oven until meat is tender.
- 4+ 9- 4
Swiss Cheese Fondue
1pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Extra Thin Swiss Cheese Slices, cut into thin strips
1clove garlic, cut in half
1cup dry white wine
1Tbsp. Kirsch (cherry brandy)
1/8 tsp. salt
1dash each ground nutmeg and white pepper
1loaf (16 oz.) French bread, cubed
- Toss cheese with flour in medium bowl; set aside.
- Rub heavy saucepan with garlic; discard garlic.
- Add wine; heat until bubbles rise to surface, and do not boil.
- Add 1/2 cup of cheese mixture; stir constantly with wooden spoon until cheese is melted.
- Repeat until all of the cheese has been added; continue to stir on medium-low heat until cheese mixture thickens.
- Stir in kirsch and seasonings.
- Transfer fondue to heated fondue pot; keep fondue bubbling while serving.
- Dip bread chunks into fondue; as fondue becomes too thick, add a small amount of additional wine.
- 5+ 4- 2
Cheesy Garlic Herb Bread
1 loaf sourdough bread
1/2 cup pesto
8 oz mozzarella
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet; place bread on top of the foil.
- Slice bread horizontally and vertically every 2 inches halfway before reaching the bottom.
- Spread pesto in between cracks; gently stuff cheese into bread.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted; let bread cool for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper before serving.
- 6+ 0- 2
German Potato Salad
9 oz. cooked new red potatoes, sliced
2 slices crisp bacon, crumbled
2 tbsp. chopped onion
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. all-purpose flour
1/4 c. each canned ready-to-serve
chicken broth and red wine vinegar
1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp. granulated sugar
Dash each salt and white pepper
- In small mixing bowl combine potatoes and bacon; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion and saute until onion is softened for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over onion; stir quickly to combine.
- While continuously stirring, add broth, vinegar, parsley, sugar, salt and pepper; cook and stir occasionally until mixture thickens for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour onion mixture over potato mixture; stir thoroughly to combine and serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
L The List