& Embed2rerank list
- 1Out of M. Night Shamylan's first three movies this movie is usually regarded as his worst. Unbreakable in my opinion is actually a masterpiece. It is a thriller and a great drama. This movie was the reinvention of the Super Hero.
- 2A movie way, way before its time, The Night of The Hunter did not get any credit until Spike Lee stole one of it's lines. When this movie first came out director Charles Laughton was so pissed about it's reception that he never directed again. What a shame because if he was still alive he could see the respect that this movie enjoys today.
- 3Just like Night of the Hunter, Blade Runner was way before it's time. Now a greatly respected and loved movie, it bombed big time at the box office. Only pulling in a little over a Million Dollars this movie set up the Neo-Crime-Noir that we see all the time today.
- 4I asked my grandmother about this movie and she said it was a dirty movie. I guess back then a movie about sexual obsession could be defined like that. This movie is not dirty but it is a bit taboo. It centers around a 14 year old girl and her sexual endeavor with her step father. Great movie, but like many other early Kubrick movies falls by the way side.
- 5A movie that play's with your mind as long as your eyes. Dark City is a murder mystery and a science fiction, fantasy masterpiece. From the man that made The Crow he interweaves one of the greatest and intense plots of all-time and he creeps you out along the way.
- 6This is one of those British hitchcock movies that have been forgotten. Normally The 39 Steps does not come up in Alfred hitchcock conversations but it should. Over 70 years old this movie will still keep you on the edge of your seat.
- 7Alejandro González Iñárritu has made three features. This one being his best. This movie was not nominated for an academy award, but all three actors in the movie were. Why is that? Who knows, this movie made me cry and left me hanging just wanting more. This movie deserved a better following and more awards.
- 8Screw Rounders, this is a poker movie. This movie reminds me of The Hustler, but the Cincinnati Kid tells a story of a love triangle and the story of an old man in the twilight of his talents. An incredible film with an amazing ending.
- 9Another Kubrick movie that never really comes up. The Killing is one of the best Film-Noirs of the 50's. The story entangles many characters and like the modern Ocean's Eleven always has you wondering, How did they steal all that money?
- 10This is the Japanese made movie that was released in the U.S. It tells of a f*ture world held captive by aliens. Based on a popular video game the movie is able to not turn it self into something like Doom or Super Mario Bros. The movie did hardly any money at the box office and people disregarded it as dumb. But my friends this is one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies created.