- 3 ReRanks
- See list ranked by
</> Rerank List
- "She's alive?"BUY @ AMAZON
For those of us who choose not to take our vampire orgies too seriously, this campy Mel Brooks gem pokes fun at every vampire element in existence. Released in 1995 and starring Leslie Nielsen, it's a good idea to first watch the real Bram Stoker visual delight and then follow it up with this farce. For those who aren't sure it's their cup of Type O, rest assured there's some pretty good cleavage in 3 scenes of the film.
- An adorable timeless story about awkward adolescence and young love, except one party is a bullied 12 year-old geek with a weird haircut and the other is a mysterious and stinky ageless vampire. Full of snow, blood, fire, brimstone, and plenty of "aww" moments, this Swedish movie (officially Låt den rätte komma in) was remade in English in 2010 starring a very respectable Chloe Moretz.BUY @ AMAZON
- Released in 2000, "Vampire Hunter D" is a dark tale based on a 20 volume series first published in 1983. The story takes place in 12,090 AD and vampires are the elite class of society. I can't think of a better world to live in. The artwork in this movie is somewhere between flickering lights in darkened hallways and the visions you see just between sleeping and waking. I'd watch this movie just for the artwork alone, let alone the plot.BUY @ AMAZON
- Based on the comic book mini-series, "30 Days of Night" truly is one effective means of killing the tourist industry in Alaska. 30 days w/o sunlight - vampires vs humans. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how this will turn out. Danny Huston kicks ass as a remorseless vampire and keeps the film from centering on creamy, dreamy Josh Hartnett. Interesting bit of trivia: the black eyes featured on the vampires were achieved by an enlarged contact lens, which gave everyone who wore them pink-eye for weeks. Yeah. I watch movies with the commentary turned on. So what?BUY @ AMAZON
- Visually one of the coolest vampire movies in history, "Dracula" made Gary Oldman a badass long before he became Sirius Black. Released in 1992, it became the favorite of today's 30-something crowd. Everyone in Jr High bought plastic fangs and attended renaissance faires with gusto. Interesting bit of trivia: to get in the crying mood, Gary Oldman would gaze at pictures of his children before each take. All together now: awwwwBUY @ AMAZON
items 1 - 5 of 10
think you can do better?
Rerank This List
got a blog or website?