- 1Long ago, this name was explained as homage to a gym teacher named Leonard Skinner they had in high school, who would send them to the principal’s office because "their hair was too long".BUY @ amazon
Bonus: click here for a picture of Lynyrd Skynyrd drinking Jack Daniels with a monkey.
- 2Originally called The Tea Set, the members of this iconic band showed up at a gig one night to discover that there was already another band on the roster who had called dibs on that title (Joan Rivers would have torn them apart!)BUY @ amazon
Thinking quick, Syd Barrett mixed the names of two blues musicians he loved, Pink Anderson and Floyd Council, to rename the band ‘The Pink Floyd Sound’, and then later shortened the name to Pink Floyd.
- 3There was a hooker friend of Perry Farrell named Jane, who said that prostitution was her addiction. He then decided to exploit this poor woman’s habit as his band’s gain.BUY @ amazon
- 4Simply put, the name derives from a play on words of Andy Warhol, the famous and bat-s**t crazy pop artist who is famous for painting soup cans. A "Dandy" is a fancy British man of the 18th century.BUY @ amazon
- 5There is perhaps no more tragic American story than that of the Kennedy curse. It started with John, and has since set forth to kill off most of the well known Kennedy men, other than Ted, who evaded death due to sheer luck and stupidity, but eventually bit the dust because of brain cancer. On the cool scale, this name rates pretty high.BUY @ amazon
items 1 - 5 of 15
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list