G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1DAVE GROHL BROKE HIS LEG DURING A CONCERT AND KEPT PERFORMING. According to fans at his Sweden show in June 2015, the Foo Fighters lead singer broke his leg during a fall. Photos show him strumming on his guitar while being tended to by paramedics.
- 2Meghan made it almost all the way through her performance of "Me Too" on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon before her tight dress and high heels got the best of her. She fell on stage as the song was wrapping up, then stayed down as she tried to battle fits of laughter. Jump to the 3:44 mark to see it.
- 3The one direction Harry Styles went during a performance in Canada was down. (See what we did there?) The 21-year-old pop star lost his footing on stage in Toronto, just a month after suffering another embarrassing fall. As one YouTuber pointed out, the group's single "Drag Me Down" was ironically topping the charts at the time.
- 4Demi Lovato smoothly covered her embarrassing fall at an LA party by quickly jumping in the pool. Good thinking, Demi! Lovato was wearing some truly ridiculous heels while performing in Los Angeles at KIIS FM's summer pool party when she took a spill and landed directly on her face. Never one to take herself too seriously, she posted footage of her fall on Instagram with the hashtag, "#NOTCoolForTheSummer #F**kit"
Britney Spears (Again)Let's all agree that Britney isn't actually doing much singing during her Vegas residency. But who cares! As long as the audience gets to belt out "Stronger" and "Lucky" while watching her (sorta) dance on stage, they're happy. But without all the singing to worry about, you'd think Brit could focus on perfecting her moves.
Not so much. When she fell during a performance of "Crazy," B essentially said, "f*** it" and decided to lay around on stage a bit. Hey, she deserved a break! It's tough lip syncing for an hour and half straight. Believe us. We've done it.
Madonna (Again)Madonna graces this illustrious list not once, but twice. Even her Hulk-like arms can't save her from the dangers of being on stage in a badass poncho.
What makes this fall better than the many others the world's pop stars have endured? Well, because those falls are usually caused by tripping, slipping, or the occasional rogue sound cable. In this video, Madonna fell backwards due to the SHEER POWER OF HER CAPE.
Do the Brit Awards give out trophies for "Least Graceful Fall Caused by a Gigantic Cloak"? Madonna's got that one on lock.
- 7In October of 2008, Katy Perry was singing her hit dude-bait song "I Kissed A Girl (And I Liked It)" at MTV’s Latin America Awards in Guadalajara, Mexico, when she decided to land on top of a cake as opposed to jump out of one, because you know, that's a lot more empowering and stuff.
This is easily one of the best falls on this list because she falls repeatedly, tries to get up and people are cheering, because people are nice. Then she falls again and people stay quiet because they realize it's embarrassing. Then she falls a THIRD time and people start laughing their asses off.
There's only so many times you can count on the politeness of strangers before you're outed as a complete jackass.
- 8During their song titled "SOS" (for anyone playing the drinking game of ironic songs to get hurt to, feel free to drink now), Joseph Jonas, of The Jonas Clones, slips and falls on shattered glass at the 2007 America Music Awards, and cuts his hand quite badly, just as a resounding "Hell Yes" was felt across the Internet, at the same time that the video was being recorded.
Nobody knows why they felt so great at that moment, but when it happened, millions of sound-minded Americans of all shapes, colors and sizes felt a little kick of joy in that moment. And isn't that what life is all about?
This video is made by a HUGE (both literal and figurative) fan. After they explain what happened to Joe Jonas, a rush of teen girls rushes the stage in this video, which kind of reminded us of that one scene in the Lion King. You know the one.
This video also now has this song stuck in our heads (click here for the non-Jonas song now stuck in your head) .