- 1vThe one direction Harry Styles went during a performance in Canada was down. (See what we did there?) The 21-year-old pop star lost his footing on stage in Toronto, just a month after suffering another embarrassing fall. As one YouTuber pointed out, the group's single "Drag Me Down" was ironically topping the charts at the time.
- 2vDemi Lovato smoothly covered her embarrassing fall at an LA party by quickly jumping in the pool. Good thinking, Demi! Lovato was wearing some truly ridiculous heels while performing in Los Angeles at KIIS FM's summer pool party when she took a spill and landed directly on her face. Never one to take herself too seriously, she posted footage of her fall on Instagram with the hashtag, "#NOTCoolForTheSummer #F**kit"
- 3vDAVE GROHL BROKE HIS LEG DURING A CONCERT AND KEPT PERFORMING. According to fans at his Sweden show in June 2015, the Foo Fighters lead singer broke his leg during a fall. Photos show him strumming on his guitar while being tended to by paramedics.
Britney Spears (Again)vLet's all agree that Britney isn't actually doing much singing during her Vegas residency. But who cares! As long as the audience gets to belt out "Stronger" and "Lucky" while watching her (sorta) dance on stage, they're happy. But without all the singing to worry about, you'd think Brit could focus on perfecting her moves.
Not so much. When she fell during a performance of "Crazy," B essentially said, "f*** it" and decided to lay around on stage a bit. Hey, she deserved a break! It's tough lip syncing for an hour and half straight. Believe us. We've done it.
Madonna (Again)vMadonna graces this illustrious list not once, but twice. Even her Hulk-like arms can't save her from the dangers of being on stage in a badass poncho.
What makes this fall better than the many others the world's pop stars have endured? Well, because those falls are usually caused by tripping, slipping, or the occasional rogue sound cable. In this video, Madonna fell backwards due to the SHEER POWER OF HER CAPE.
Do the Brit Awards give out trophies for "Least Graceful Fall Caused by a Gigantic Cloak"? Madonna's got that one on lock.
- 6vIn October of 2008, Katy Perry was singing her hit dude-bait song "I Kissed A Girl (And I Liked It)" at MTV’s Latin America Awards in Guadalajara, Mexico, when she decided to land on top of a cake as opposed to jump out of one, because you know, that's a lot more empowering and stuff.
This is easily one of the best falls on this list because she falls repeatedly, tries to get up and people are cheering, because people are nice. Then she falls again and people stay quiet because they realize it's embarrassing. Then she falls a THIRD time and people start laughing their asses off.
There's only so many times you can count on the politeness of strangers before you're outed as a complete jackass.
- 7vDuring their song titled "SOS" (for anyone playing the drinking game of ironic songs to get hurt to, feel free to drink now), Joseph Jonas, of The Jonas Clones, slips and falls on shattered glass at the 2007 America Music Awards, and cuts his hand quite badly, just as a resounding "Hell Yes" was felt across the Internet, at the same time that the video was being recorded.
Nobody knows why they felt so great at that moment, but when it happened, millions of sound-minded Americans of all shapes, colors and sizes felt a little kick of joy in that moment. And isn't that what life is all about?
This video is made by a HUGE (both literal and figurative) fan. After they explain what happened to Joe Jonas, a rush of teen girls rushes the stage in this video, which kind of reminded us of that one scene in the Lion King. You know the one.
This video also now has this song stuck in our heads (click here for the non-Jonas song now stuck in your head) .
- 8vJennifer Lopez (a.k.a. JLo, a.k.a., Root of All Evil, a.k.a. Jenny From The Block, a.k.a. Big Butt McKee) took a spill during her performance at the 2009 American Music Awards.
She was walking on top of a bunch of bent over dancers like they were steps (much like she does to migrant workers in her private home in Hell) and got to the front of the stage where she jumped off of one.
She then fell backward flat on her ass and, to the audience's surprise, didn't fly through the ceiling, but(t) actually ended up on her feet like Jackie Chan would.
Either way, a pretty great spill and a short-and-sweet video.
- 9vShowing us once again, the bigger (headed) they are, the harder they fall; Bono takes a fall on stage at about 00:13 (lead-up), while walking backwards in a Miami show in 2001, during the opening night of the tour. That couldn't have been good luck.
We can't all be Michael Jackson.
- 10vIt all went down during a performance of "Love in an Elevator" (8/17/2010) – first, Aerosmith frontman (and "American Idol" judge) Steven Tyler playfully bumped lead guitarist Joe Perry. Perry then retaliated by bumping Tyler right back ... sending him FACE FIRST into the crowd (see the video to your left).
This just kind of goes to show that maybe Steven Tyler should sing "Love in an Elevator" from a chair while wearing a helmet and body-pads every August, because his famous fall where he suffered more serious injuries went down on 8/06/2009 during, you guessed it, "Love in an Elevator."
The one in 2009 happened when Tyler fell while entertaining the crowd by dancing around as the sound crew replaced a fuse that blew during "Love in an Elevator", where Tyler was apparently livin' it up while he was goin' down.
Tyler suffered head, neck and shoulder injuries and the band postponed its next show altogether. Click here for that first fall.
- 11vPearl Jam actually still rocks pretty hard, but this clip is an amazing example of how a rock star can go from the coolest guy in the room, to someone who has some recovery work to do in a matter of Olympic SECONDS.
He takes a spill while running across a stage (which we should all know NEVER to do by now), and that's kinda bad enough (at least he falls in time with the music?)
He then tries to get back up gracefully, only to drop the microphone in the process. Luckily, the sadistic bitch who put this clip together knew exactly what we were looking for and included a slow-mo moment as Eddie drops the mic.
This happened during Pearl Jam's 2006 European tour, which happened during THE FALL (see what we did there?)
Axl Rose Falls OnstagevMr. Axl Rose was singing "Knockin' On Heaven's Door" in Columbia, in March of 2010 and then almost actually knocked on heaven's door himself when he pulled the worst mistake that someone in his position (someone whose prime involved looking and sounding like he was on eight different hallucinogens because he WAS on eight different hallucinogens) possibly could've pulled: he moved slightly.
This lead, obviously, to his falling ass-first onto the stage while trying to execute an acrobatic feat for him: jogging lightly.
- 13vIn June of 2009, Dizzee Rascal, whose name I can't even recognize, was starting out a show at UKC (University of Kent), when he started hip thrusting.
His crotch then grew a mind of its own and propelled him forward with the force of a thousand thrusts, making him do a swan dive onto the floor, face-first, stopping the music altogether, and astonishing on-lookers. The ever-professional camera-man, filmed the whole thing instead of helping.
If you think about it, though, he really brought it on himself because if he would've been more famous, there would have actually been fans in the crowd to catch him.
- 14vRobbie Williams is a lame singer and we Americans really could give two turds about him, but this is funny.
Go to 00:05 for the lead-up to the fall.
At a 1996 concert in Leeds, England, he's in the middle of butchering a Lou Reed song when he decides to do a jig.
Not-surprisingly, he ends up staying on the ground and making a deal of it because his huge, thick, and throbbing ego just got hit in the nuts by his own lame attempt at dancing while jazz-singing over a classic.
- 15vAs Rihanna began performing "Te Amo" (5/10/2010) at a concert in the UK (The last girl on Earth tour), she lost her balance, causing her to slip and fall before even being able to mutter a line from the song.
It happens pretty quickly in this video and isn't that remarkable, but is definitely among the falls that happen because theatrically-big high-heels never did any favors for ANYONE's equilibrium.
Luckily, she only came out with a few bruises, so at the very worst it was like going out on a nice, calm date with her ex, Chris Brown.
She took it really well and continued the concert as if nothing had happened, even though she took a bit of a beating; cause if there's one thing we know about Rihanna, it's that she can really take a beating.
- 16vAfter Joaquin Phoenix went off the deep-end, grew a beard, a gut, and decided to pursue his hip hop career (like any Oscar-winning, white guy should), he performed at various clubs in front of many enthusiastic, high and confused hip hop fans that had no idea why they wore new shoes to a club where a homeless guy was performing.
This was during his famous first gig, which really belongs on more than a few "most ridiculous" lists, but those'll be for another time.
This whole thing is worth watching, kinda like when you rubberneck at a car accident on the freeway. Why? Because you did your time, and you've earned it.
- 17vIf you start the video at 00:40, you can see that one of the on-stage harness-keepers (yes, this is the best role we could think of for them) wasn't exactly confident in the job they did. The harness dragged both the "assistant" (THERE'S a better word) AND Pink with it, slingshotting Pink onto the steel barricade. We can only imagine there was a Pink-assistant shaped hole in the wall after that, as it seems that the assistant was flung further away and we never get to see what happened to them.
She is heard to say "F**k! That hurt like a m**********r"
She climbed back up onto the stage while obviously still in pain and was then taken away to hospital.
Pink later tweeted (from twitter.com/pink)
To all my Nurenberg fans - I am so so so sorry to end the show that way. I am embarrassed and very sorry. I'm in ambulance now but I will b fine
@PinkFacts didn't get clipped in2 harness correctly,drug me off stage, fell in2 barricade. Getting xrays.I hope it at least looked cool!!!
Ok all my lovers out there- nothings broken, no fluid in the lungs, just seriously sore. I made that barricade my b*tch!!!! Thanx nurnberg :(
- 18vIn what can only be described as what was probably the coolest moment in music history, Michael Jackson, James Brown, and Prince shared a stage once in 1983. Michael Jackson dances, James Brown's band plays while he goes nuts, and then they introduce Prince.
Prince, in pure Prince fashion, takes his sweet ass time to get to the stage because that's just how unbelievably awesome that little guy is.
He gets to the stage, rocks the house down with an amazing guitar solo, and then hangs from a street light fixture that, as he quickly learned, wasn't cemented to the ground like regular street lights. Scroll to the last 20 seconds of the video for the fall, but dear lord is it awesome to see all of these legends in one place.
- 19vOttawa concert, May 20th, 2010. A little wipeout during forever and always.
Seems like a lot of these happen when people with long hair decides to run across a large, slick stage that is meant for their BACKUP DANCERS like they're The Ultimate Warrior.
- 20vTaking the cake for the most graceful fall on this list, Adam Lambert not only took an accidental dive while he was singing about "Turning Around," but he rolled into the fall and got up as if it were intentional.
Hats off to the man who did the hair-grabbing move on another dude on a Disney-owned television channel, yet has absolutely no relation to the guy from Highlander.