G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1+ 98- 44The Ford Mustang is the original Pony car and there is no denying that all the cars that came after it were only trying to steal some of its fame. The Mustang surpassed all expectations when over 400,000 were sold in its first year which set a record in the industry. Collectors are still as passionate as ever about the 1964 and 1/2 model which most consider to be the best one because it was the original.
- 2+ 65- 36The Dodge Challenger was a somewhat late arrival to the pony car scene as it came out in the 1970's but it was a great car nonetheless. It was Dodge's answer to the Camaro and the Mustang. The Dodge Challenger had a longer wheel-base and was more luxurious than the Camaro or Mustang but because it came out so late it really didn't have enough to impress most of the devoted Mustang and Camaro fans.
- 3+ 69- 50The Chevrolet Camaro was one of the coolest cars to have in the 1960's. It was created by General Motors in order to compete with the Ford Mustang and no one would disagree that it did just that. The 1st generation Chevrolet Camaro is considered to be the best of the line by most people and if you just look at it you can see why.
- 4+ 49- 43The Plymouth Barracuda is a 2-door car that was made by the Chrysler Corporation from 1964-1974. It was an attempt by Plymouth to compete with the Ford Mustang. The executives at Plymouth had originally wanted to name it "Panda" and thank goodness they didn't because otherwise it would have been laughed all the way into oblivion.
- 5+ 29- 27The AMC Javelin came out in 1967 as the American Motors Corporation's answer to the Ford Mustang. They didn't have the same resources as their larger competitors so they only created one version of the car. The Javelin was a small car with a big, super-powerful engine which made it a force to be reckoned with. The AMC Javelin went on to win multiple Trans-Am racing competitions which was no surprise to its devoted fans.
- 6+ 29- 28The Mercury Cougar was built on the same platform as the Ford Mustang but it never reached quite the same level of popularity. The Cougar moved away from performance and towards luxury but it did have an option for a larger engine making it a true muscle car.