- 1Up 350Down 71Congratulations Marvel Cinematic Universe for great casting. Chris Evans is the fine actor who will be playing fictional superhero Captain America in the upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger film. The movie is set to release on July 22, 2011 and in 3D. That's right, reach out and touch those perfect abs.
Evans is of Italian and Irish descent and was raised Catholic. He planned on attending New York University after graduating high school but met an agent during a summer acting program and started working small parts on television series. Now he's a full blown star, having starred in movies like Not Another Teen Movie, Fantastic Four and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Evans will only need a touch up here and there to transform into a perfect human in Captain America. But nobody should lay a hand on those puppy dog eyes.
Why you lied and said you didn't have a tissue HERE .
Showing off what his mama gave him HERE .
- 2Up 378Down 84Let's just put it out there. Ryan Reynolds is a hot piece of ass. I mean, did you see The Proposal? He must have worked out a lot to get those great gluteal muscles.
Yes, Reynolds is a Canadian actor who's starred in movies like "National Lampoon's Van Wilder," "Just Friends," "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and "Green Lantern," but he is also of Irish ancestry. Which probably had something to do with him being named People's "Sexiest Man Alive" in 2008, 2009 and 2010. (Interesting sidenote: "Reynolds" is actually a surname that comes from a major Irish lineage.)
And if he's still not Irish enough for you, I bet he also eats lots of Irish steel-cut oatmeal. Bodies like that don't grow on trees.
Full contact and full exposure in The Proposal.
Bulked up for your viewing pleasure .
- 3Up 294Down 100Colin Farrell is Hollywood's hottest bad boy and he's also one of the few who's full Irish. He was born in Dublin, Ireland and slings his pronounced Irish accent around all over the big screen. He starred in one of the highest-grossing Irish independent film, Intermission, with fellow Irish hottie Cillian Murphy but most people in the States know him for his roles in Tigerland, Miami Vice, Minority Report and Phone Booth. He's been named one of People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" and it's no question that his tousled hair, bushy eyebrows and rebel stare add to his appeal.
Taking his cigarette break HERE with his shirt unbuttoned.
Showing the world his sensitive side HERE .
- 4Up 257Down 85Gerard Butler is like a Greek god. Except he's really Scottish and part Irish.
Either way, the "300" star is a beauty to gaze at. He's got a very statuesque figure and large prominent facial features that would look well carved in marble, but he's also got that reckless look and attitude about him that's a bit left field. He was born in Scotland but has said in interviews that his "family is from all over Ireland."
Dashing at "The Ugly Truth" premiere HERE .
Straight out of the water from somewhere HERE .
- 5Up 217Down 74Bradley Cooper, or the reason why you slow-motioned the exit scene down the escalator in The Hangover, is the son of an Italian-American mother and Irish-American father. He graduated from Georgetown University with a B.A. in English, proving that he's got brains behind that insanely good-looking face of his. He can also be seen in movies like Wedding Crashers, Failure to Launch, He's Just Not That Into You and The A-team, to name a few.
In 2009, Cooper also stated in an interview with Parade magazine that he "grew up in a very old-fashioned Roman Catholic, Italian-Irish family in Philly." He's also a hopeless romantic, explaining how his "parents have evolved into completely different creatures, in terms of their marriage and the roles of the man and the woman" and that it's "great" and it's "still romantic." Awww, you don't even have to ask...I do!
Clean and polished on the red carpet HERE .
Shooting some big guns HERE .
items 1 - 5 of 25
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list