- 8 ReRanks
- See list ranked by
L The List
G Options2rerank list
- 1+ 559- 146Let's just put it out there. Ryan Reynolds is a hot piece of ass. I mean, did you see The Proposal? He must have worked out a lot to get those great glutes.
Yes, Reynolds is a Canadian actor who's starred in movies like National Lampoon's Van Wilder, Just Friends, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Green Lantern, but he is also of Irish ancestry. Which probably had something to do with him being named People's "Sexiest Man Alive" in 2008, 2009 and 2010. (Interesting sidenote: "Reynolds" is actually a surname that comes from a major Irish lineage.)
If he's still not Irish enough for you, I bet he also eats lots of Irish steel-cut oatmeal. Bodies like that don't grow on trees.
Bulked up for your viewing pleasure.also ranked...#17 on
- 2+ 501- 133Congratulations, Marvel Cinematic Universe for great casting. Chris Evans is the fine actor who played fictional superhero Captain America in Captain America: The First Avenger. The movie was released on July 22, 2011 and in 3D. That's right, reach out and touch those perfect abs.
Evans is of Italian and Irish descent and was raised Catholic. He planned on attending New York University after graduating high school but met an agent during a summer acting program and started working small parts on television series. Now he's a full blown star, having starred in films like Not Another Teen Movie, Fantastic Four, and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Evans will only need a touch up here and there to transform into a perfect human in Captain America. But nobody should lay a hand on those puppy dog eyes.also ranked...#16 on#44 on#103 on
- 3+ 448- 159Colin Farrell is Hollywood's hottest bad boy and he's also one of the few who's full Irish. He was born in Dublin, Ireland and slings his pronounced Irish accent around all over the big screen. He starred in one of the highest-grossing Irish independent films, Intermission, with fellow Irish hottie Cillian Murphy, but most people in the States know him for his roles in Tigerland, Miami Vice, Minority Report, and Phone Booth. He's been named one of People magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People" and it's no question that his tousled hair, bushy eyebrows and rebel stare add to his appeal.also ranked...#15 on#31 on#920 on
- 4+ 411- 144Gerard Butler is like a Greek god. Except he's really Scottish and part Irish.
Either way, the 300 star is a beauty to gaze at. He's got a very statuesque figure and large prominent facial features that would look incredible carved in marble, but he's also got that reckless look and attitude about him that's a bit left field. He was born in Scotland, but has said in interviews that his "family is from all over Ireland."also ranked...#2 on#4 on#38 on
- 5+ 377- 147Robert Downey Jr. is another bad boy gone good (which let's face it, is every girl's dream). His father, Robert Downey, Sr. is of half Irish and half Russian Jewish ancestry and his mother is of German and Scottish descent. He got his big break on SNL in 1985 but was fired due to cast overhaul just a year later. He started abusing drugs from 1996 to 2001 and was arrested several times during the troublesome period. He made a huge comeback after five years with films like Gothika, Good Night, and Good Luck, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and, of course, the blockbuster hit Iron Man.
In an interview with Sunday World magazine, Downey admitted to having "Irish blood coursing through my veins. Every time I work in the UK, I'm always planning on a long weekend over there but it never works out."
Here's what does work out:also ranked...#7 on#48 on#218 on
- 6+ 297- 115Whether he's Marky Mark, Mark Wahlberg or Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg (his full name), Mr. Wahlberg is a tough-looking beast. Don't let his Calvin Klein underwear charm mislead you, the guy is an animal that can bite. Wahlberg is of Irish, English, Swedish and French Canadian ancestry and has gotten in trouble 20-25 times with the law growing up. He developed an addiction to cocaine when he was 13 and was thrown into jail when he was 16. Since then he's cleaned up and had an impressive film career, most recently in the Oscar award-winning film The Fighter.also ranked...#32 on#35 on#53 on
- 7+ 313- 131Bradley Cooper, aka 'the reason why you slow-motioned the exit scene down the escalator in The Hangover,' is the son of an Italian-American mother and Irish-American father. He graduated from Georgetown University with a B.A. in English, proving that he's got brains behind that insanely good-looking face of his. He can also be seen in movies like Wedding Crashers, Failure to Launch, He's Just Not That Into You and The A-Team, to name a few.
In 2009, Cooper also stated in an interview with Parade magazine that he "grew up in a very old-fashioned Roman Catholic, Italian-Irish family in Philly." He's also a hopeless romantic, explaining how his "parents have evolved into completely different creatures, in terms of their marriage and the roles of the man and the woman" and that it's "great" and it's "still romantic." Awww, you don't even have to ask... I do!also ranked...#9 on#1012 on
- 8+ 232- 139Patrick Dempsey, or otherwise known as McDreamy on "Grey's Anatomy," is a beautiful, beautiful human being. He's like a glossy stallion. Thick gorgeous hair, perfect white teeth and that sparkle things he does with his eyes. Seriously, look. Every single picture has a dang sparkle! Talk about Irish luck.
Dempsey was born in Maine but has Irish ancestry. He's very proud of his heritage and even named his children with noted make-up artist Jillian Dempsey in honor of it. His twin boys both sport classic Irish names: Sullivan Patrick and Darby Galen. Sullivan is practically an icon in the world of Irish names and Darby originates as an English name for someone from the city of Derby, Ireland.
- 9+ 247- 152Jonathan Rhys Meyers was born in Dublin, though his family moved to County Cork, when he was barely a year old.
Known for his role in "The Tudors" and Woody Allen's Match Point, the Irish hottie was expelled from North Monastery at age 16. He spent much of his time hanging out in pool halls, which worked out though when he was spotted by an agent, launching his career and blessing the viewing public with his hotness.
- 10+ 240- 147If there's something veteran actor and ladies' man George Clooney doesn't lack, it's that Irish charm. He's got his paternal great-great-grandparents, Nicholas Clooney and Bridget Byron, to thank for that. The two immigrated to the U.S. from Ireland and Clooney was raised in a strict Irish-Catholic household.
His first major role was as Dr. Doug Ross on the hit NBC drama "ER." He was as dreamy then as he is now. After leaving the show, Clooney also starred in other commercially successful projects - this time on the big screen - such as The Perfect Storm, O Brother, Where Art Thou? and Ocean's Eleven, to name a few. Dozens and dozens of women have fallen for his disarming good looks and charismatic personality, and the fact that he's heavily involved in humanitarian work doesn't hurt either.also ranked...#1 on#11 on
- 11+ 204- 135Pierce Brosnan is probably the most outspoken Irishman on this list. He's sort of the spokesperson for good-looking, middle-aged hunks everywhere devoted to The Emerald Isle. He's proudly proclaimed that "my Irishness is in everything I do. It's the spirit of who I am, as a man, an actor, a father. It's where I come from." Well, Ireland should be proud to have him as a representative. Just look at him.
The Irish actor, film producer and environmentalist was born in Ireland. He lived there for 12 years before leaving for London to reunite with his mother who left to find work in England when he was a little boy. To this day, Brosnan is still a citizen of Ireland and calls himself a "dyed-in-the-wool, born and bred Irishman."
What all other headshots strive to be.
- 12+ 209- 144Keep your eye out on this guy (and have fun while you're at it) because Michael Fassbender has taken over Hollywood. He's most known for playing Lt. Archie Hicox in Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds, Mr. Rochester in the Jane Eyre film featuring Mia Wasikowska, Magneto in X-Men: First Class, and Edwin Epps in 12 Years a Slave. There was also that nakedness in Shame.
Fassbender is of Irish descent from his mother's side and German descent from his father's. Apparently his mother is the great-great-niece of Michael Collins, an Irish leader during the War of Independence which kind of makes him a hero in our eyes (that are still on him and having a hard time looking anywhere else).
Proving he can make anything sound sexual.
Wet and ready to rumble HERE.
Taking off his Gucci (yes, we see the label) jacket HERE .also ranked...#32 on#43 on#79 on
- 13+ 200- 170Ashton Kutcher is an example of "a boy next door." He's got that little ounce of goofiness in him that can come across as annoying but also that ever-present adolescent look in his eyes that makes you kind of hot and bothered. He's a pretty picture to look at and of part Irish ancestry on his mother's side. He's played lead roles in movies like Dude, Where's My Car?, Just Married, The Butterfly Effect, and What Happens in Vegas and also starred in the hit sitcom "That '70s Show." Sure he's engaged to former co-star Mila Kunis, but what's that got to do with anything?
Tied and bundled in all sorts of ways HERE.
In his 'I-look-good-and-I-know-it mood HERE.also ranked...#27 on#44 on#46 on
- 14+ 175- 154There's some sort of aging father appeal to Liam Neeson that I can't quite pin down. I just know - or I should say, we, the general public - know that it's just hugely attractive. Neeson has this cool seriousness to him that makes women (and men) giddy and he is thoroughly Irish.
He was born in Northern Ireland, moved to Dublin after university and actually joined the renowned Abbey Theatre, also known as the National Theatre of Ireland. His name "Liam" is Irish for "William," he was named after a local priest. At one point, Neeson vowed to never play a stereotypical Irish character but he did play one named Lorken McArdle in a home makeover show parody called "You Call This A House, Do Ya?"
Back in the days with his shiny body HERE .
Sexy acting all ponderous and stuff HERE .also ranked...#1 on#12 on#113 on
- 15+ 175- 157Shirtless Matthew McConaughey is best Matthew McConaughey. Isn't that life's motto? The active and fit actor is known for his performances as the leading man in romantic comedies like The Wedding Planner, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Failure to Launch, and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past as well as his more serious roles such as Dallas Buyers Club and the HBO show "True Detectives."
He's also of Irish descent, with his last name being originally Irish. He's said that he's "not exactly sure whereabouts it's from but I've got family branches that were traced back there." Though the family history is a bit unclear, McConaughey has praised the Irish for being "tough sons of b********, I know that from the time I spent in Dublin." He finds Ireland to be "such a poetic country" and loves "the history and that they're really in touch with it."
Doing what he does best HERE.
Showing his body while surfing.also ranked...#36 on#76 on
- 16+ 124- 110Tom Brady is the hottest guy on and off the football field. Brady models, marries supermodels, and takes his team to the championship...what more could you ask for?
The quarterback hottie's Irish blood flows through his father's side while his mother is a mix of Polish, Norwegian, and Swedish.also ranked...#1 on#25 on
- 17+ 165- 173One thing you can't help but notice about Cillian Murphy is his bright blue eyes. And yes, those beautiful eyes are of Irish descent.
Cillian Murphy was born in Douglas, Cork, a suburban town in Ireland and interestingly enough he started out as a rock musician. Lucky for us though he eventually segued into acting, with memorable villain roles such as Scarecrow in Batman Begins and Jackson Rippner in Red Eye.
He also played a transgender Irish orphan in Breakfast on Pluto and a revolutionary in The Wind That Shakes the Barley, a film about the Irish War of Independence and Civil War. His performance in the latter portrayed such a commitment to Irish independence that the Irish Post Office even issued a stamp in his honor featuring a still from the movie.
Both his parents are teachers and his father working for the Irish Department of Education.
Peering at YOU behind those perfect blue eyes.also ranked...#14 on#78 on#1678 on
- 18+ 139- 151Stuart Townsend let a good thing go when he and the gorgeous Charlize Theron split in 2010. For the rest of us though, the good thing was... he's free. Townsend was born in County Dublin where he also attended the Gaiety School of Acting. He starred in several Irish short films before his first feature length film titled Trojan Eddie. The movie was an Anglo-Irish co-production and soon led him towards other bigger projects. He is most known for his portrayals in Queen of the Damned and The League of Extraordinary Gentleman. Besides his sweet and boyishly good looks, that is.
Shielding himself from his own hotness HERE .
Stylin' in a suit HERE .
- 19+ 116- 156Harrison Ford has a career that spans over four decades. The man has starred as Han Solo in the Star Wars trilogy, Indy himself in the Indiana Jones series and Rick Deckard in Blade Runner. All different characters, all pretty bad*ss, all hot as hell. His paternal grandparents were of Irish Catholic and German descent while his maternal grandparents were Jewish immigrants from Russia. When asked about his blended ancestry, he's famously said that he feels "Irish as a person, but I feel Jewish as an actor."
Though Ford has aged (understandably, we're talking four decades), he's still retained that all-American ruggedness that makes women all hot and sweaty. As if they were the ones jumping and riding all over the place on a horse.
Rugged, sweaty and dirty. Oh, yes.
In nothing but a wee bitty speedo HERE .also ranked...#7 on#8 on#13 on
- 20+ 78- 118Damien Rice is a singer songwriter who has been active since 1990. But you probably started swooning over him in 2001 when "The Blowers Daughter" was released.
The hauntingly sweet song is perfect to picture yourself on an picnic with him along the Irish countryside. Rice was raised in Celbridge, County Kildare, Ireland, and though he later moved to Italy, this hottie is Irish through and through.
Damien Rice Photos
- 21+ 61- 121
- 22+ 75- 171When you look up "silver fox" in the dictionary, there's just a picture of John Slattery. He's got a head full of white hair and carries with him a dominant air and fearlessness like that of a guard dog. Best known for his role as Roger Sterling on the critically-acclaimed AMC drama "Mad Men," Slattery is a true hunk who stands the test of time.
He grew up in an Irish-Catholic household in Boston and moved to New York City, like many actors, to pursue acting. He's said that he finds his silver fox label to be "embarrassing" and that he doesn't "mind the 'silver' bit, but I hate the 'fox'--no one likes being a fox, whatever color it is." But everybody likes to be foxy, and Slattery certainly is.
- 23+ 46- 137Smart guys are hot guys. It's a fact. Stephen Colbert is patronizing, falsely sincere and completely adorable.
You've got to love a guy that has a spider, a bridge, hockey mascot, an ice cream flavor, a Spider-Man character, a falcon, an eagle, an elephant seal, and a treadmill used by astronauts in space. And, Virgin America once christened their planes "Air Colbert."
C'mon that kind of notoriety is hot.
Stephen Colbert Photos
- 24+ 40- 126Padraic is best known overseas as Teddy O'Donovan in the Ken Loach film The Wind That Shakes the Barley. But in America he's the hot guy who played Lord George Boleyn, brother-in-law of King Henry VIII of England in Showtime's The Tudors.
Delaney (and his 3 brothers and 2 sisters) was born in Adamstown, County Wexford, Ireland, and still lives in Ireland to this day.
- 25+ 50- 170C'mon, if you're not on Team Coco, then you aren't living.
It doesn't get more Irish than Conan and hey, he's tall, funny, rich, sexy and looks hot with or without that full beard.
We've got nothing but love for Conan. So here's a sexy video of him washing his car.
items 1 - 25 of 25