- 16Up 118Down 122There's some sort of aging father appeal to Liam Neeson that I can't quite pin down. I just know--or I should say, we, the general public--know that it's just hugely attractive. Neeson has this cool seriousness to him that makes women (or men) giddy and is thoroughly Irish. He was born in Northern Ireland, moved to Dublin after university and actually joined the renowned Abbey Theatre, also known as the National Theatre of Ireland, there. His name "Liam" is Irish for "William" and named after a local priest. At one point, Neeson vowed to n ever play a stereotypical Irish character but he did play one named Lorken McArdle in a home makeover show parody called "You Call This A House, Do Ya?"
Back in the days with his shiny body HERE .
Sexy acting all ponderous and stuff HERE .
Birthplace: Ballymena, Ballymena Borough Council, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom + 4 more
Nationality: United Kingdom
Height (m): 1.93
Institution: Queen's University of Belfast, Gaiety School of Drama
Liam Neeson : see more
- 17Up 124Down 133One thing you can't help but notice about Cillian Murphy is his bright blue eyes. And yes, those beautiful eyes are of Irish descent.
Cillian Murphy was born in Douglas, Cork, a suburban town in Ireland and interestingly enough he started out as a rock musician. Lucky for us though he eventually segue-wayed into acting, portraying memorable villain roles such as Scarecrow in Batman Begins and Jackson Rippner in Red Eye.
He's also played a transgender Irish orphan in Breakfast on Pluto and a revolutionary in The Wind That Shakes the Barley, a film about the Irish War of Independence and Civil War. His performance in the latter portrayed such a commitment to Irish independence that the Irish Post Office even issued a stamp in his honor featuring a still from the movie.
Both his parents are teachers, his father working for the Irish Department of Education.
Peering at YOU behind those perfect blue eyes.
Profession: Actor, Musician
Birthplace: Douglas, Cork, County Cork, Ireland, Munster, Europe
Height (m): 1.75
Institution: Presentation Brothers College, Cork, University College Cork - National University of Ireland, Cork
Cillian Murphy : see more
- 18Up 100Down 114Stuart Townsend let a good thing go when he and the gorgeous Charlize Theron split in 2010. For the rest of us though, a good thing was...set free. He was born in County Dublin where he also attended the Gaiety School of Acting. He starred in several Irish short films before his first feature length film titled Trojan Eddie. The movie was an Anglo-Irish co-production and soon led him towards other bigger projects. He is most known for his portrayals in Queen of the Damned and The League of Extraordinary Gentleman. Besides his sweet and boyishly good looks, that is.
Shielding himself from his own hotness HERE .
Stylin' in a suit HERE .
Birthplace: Howth, Fingal, County Dublin, Ireland, Europe
Height (m): 1.8
Institution: The Gaiety School of Acting
Stuart Townsend : see more
- 19Up 86Down 119Harrison Ford has a career that spans over four decades. The man has starred as Han Solo in the Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones himself in the Indiana Jones series and Rick Deckard in Blade Runner. All different characters, all pretty bad*ss, all hot as hell. His paternal grandparents were of Irish Catholic and German descent while his maternal grandparents were Jewish immigrants from Russia. When asked about his blended ancestry, he's famously said that he feels "Irish as a person, but I feel Jewish as an actor."
Though Ford has aged (understandably, we're talking four decades), he's still retained that all-American ruggedness that makes women all hot and sweaty. As if they were the ones jumping and riding all over the place on a horse.
Rugged, sweaty and dirty. Oh, yes.
In nothing but a wee bitty speedo HERE .
Profession: Actor, Film Producer, Aviator
Birthplace: Chicago, Chicagoland, Illinois, United States of America, United States, with Territories + 1 more
Nationality: United States of America
Height (m): 1.85
Institution: Maine East High School, Ripon College
Harrison Ford : see more
- 20Up 50Down 79Damien Rice is a singer songwriter that has been active since 1990. But you probably started swooning over him in 2001 when "The Blowers Daughter" was released.
The hauntingly sweet song is perfect to picture yourself on an picnic with him along the Irish countryside.
Damien Rice Photos
Profession: Musician, Singer, Singer-songwriter, Songwriter, Record producer
Birthplace: Celbridge, County Kildare, Ireland, Leinster, Europe
Damien Rice : see more
items 16 - 20 of 25
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list