While quotable comedies are certainly good fun, nothing is more irritating than those who find it necessary to endlessly spew movie lines like a frat boy who projectile vomits pizza at 3 in the morning. The following list pays homage to those regurgitated lines of yore—the comedies that everyone in the world has seen a gazillion times, yet they still somehow compel us to act out scenes like a drunken parrot. Yes--that’s right--nothing is less unique and irritating than the overused movie quote. I mean, I wouldn’t be caught dead doing something so completely unoriginal and cliché. Speaking of which, you know what else is really annoying? Airplane food. I mean, seriously folks, what’s the deal with that?
Rank the most annoying movies at the top.from http://www.geekscape.net
Before Jon Favreau became the acclaimed/chubby director behind Iron Man, he was the relatively unknown/chubby star of a little movie called Swingers. Directed by Doug Liman (who went on to make the Bourne Identity and the celluloid afterbirth known as Jumper), Swingers was a movie that gave filmgoers a sudden cinematic injection of bromantic camaraderie and snazzy one-liners. And, while Swingers did much to add a sense of youthful, mainstream vitality to the word of quasi-independent film during the late 90âs, it also unfortunately spawned an endless supply of one-liners for douchebags across America to spout ad nauseam. Nowadays, itâs a well-known completely made up fact that 65% of all communication on road trips to Vegas is comprised of Swingers quotage (the other 35% comes from Fear and Loathing and repeated, semi-incompressible grunts of "Vegas, Baby! Vegas!"). Is it annoying? Absolutely. We get it buddyâ¦youâre so money and you donât even know it. This is me giving you the finger.
#31 on The Best Movies of 1996
#35 on The Best Bromance Moviessee more on Swingers
Few movies in the last 10 years have contributed so greatly to the global pop-culture lexicon as 2004’s Napoleon Dynamite—a fact made even more amazing when you consider the film itself was made dirt cheap and without any big name actors. That being said, if you still think quoting Napoleon Dynamite is even remotely clever, you should probably consider jumping in a volcano or something. Look, I’m not dissing Napoleon Dynamite as a movie; I just think the respectable window of time to quote the film has definitely passed. It’s time to move on to another quirky, independent comedy to get our fix. And—before you head there—Juno just doesn’t count. Start quoting that I may have the reflexive reaction to punch you in the face. Honest to blog.
#43 on Movies That Need Sequelssee more on Napoleon Dynamite
#14 on The Best Movies for Kidssee more on Up