- 11963#1 on the ultimate list“ Best All Around Player. Can do it all...shoot with the best, steals with the best, drive to the basket with the best, dribble with the best, shoot 3 pointer's if needed, and knows how to use himself as a decoy and be a good QB...was a top clutch player as well, and won 6 championship 3 in a row, and retired for 2 years, THEN came back and won 3 more championships in a row..along with his primary Co-Star at Small Foward - Scottie Pippen.
- 21959#2 on the ultimate list“ Although, Jordan is the best all around...I considered placing Magic in front of Jordan, because Magic is such a good Quarterback (PG) he simply makes everyone better like Bob Cousy, and Maravich, and Nash..etc... but he also has a good all around game, and is a unique athlete in being a 6'9" Point Guard....Jordan just edges him out with defense, and Jordan being unstoppable with the ball in his hands....HOWEVER, Magic as being debatably the best QB/PG in history + having a more well rounded game than the other top QB/PGs in History...gets my nod for 2nd NBA player of all time...One of best clutch player's in History as well... „
- 31956#3 on the ultimate list“ Bird is a great perimeter shooter - who spreads the floor creating driving lanes, and space for the SG, PG, and Post player's... and is also a good passer from the Small Foward position, and a good rebounder...BIrd is also one of the best clutch player's in History as well...I still have him as number 1 at the Small Foward position, but look out Bird - both Lebron James, and Kevin Durant will be competing for that number 1 Small Foward spot....Lebron is debatably already in contention...and Durant is on Lebron's heels... „
- 41965#20 on the ultimate list“ Robinson is underrated by many - in part because he had a shorter career than other "all time greats".However, Robinson recorded a 71 point game, and is one of the few player's in history to have a "Quadruple-Double" in one game....He is tall, and very quick, and can shoot from anywhere...He has an all around game; he can dribble, he can steal, block, rebound, and play Power Foward or Center; Robinson is the consummate teammate...he took a lesser role on offense in order to give Tim Duncan the lead...and help the team...he is part of the best POSTMAN DUO IN HISTORY DUNCAN AND ROBINSON. He and Duncan came off injury, and defeated Kobe and Shaq to end their winning streak, then Robinson retired..
- 51976#12 on the ultimate list“ Tim Duncan; well just watch the 2003 Highlights of Duncan against The Laker's team led by Kobe and Shaq....and you can see Tim Duncan's offensive genius in his moves in one of the finals games in the 2003 Championships on youtube + Duncan is an all around player; which includes being top notch defender, and rebounder...he was a consummate teammate with the best Postman duo in NBA History = David Robinson, and Tim Duncan playing for the San Antonio Spurs.
- 61947#5 on the ultimate list“ Kareem Abdul Jabbar I have been back and forth with between my top 4 Postman of all time...Who are:Robinson, Duncan, Jabbar, and Olajuwon...However, I give Robinson the edge on Jabbar due to the 71 point game, the Quadruple Double, having a teammate in Duncan who Robinson showed he could change his game and work with in the post to form the best Postman duo, AND Robinson I think is the quickest of all my top Postman...EVEN SO...ALL MY 4 TOP POSTMAN HAVE ALL AROUND GAMES...ALL ARE GOOD FREE THROW SHOOTERS, AND CAN SHOOT FROM ANYWHERE, AND ALL 4 ARE GOOD DEFENDERS AS WELL...and the hook shot of Kareem is undeniable the best shot to have.
- 71973#34 on the ultimate list“ Why Kidd? Just look at the stats....he is a statistical leader in triple double's, and he has a good 3 point attempt percentage....I simply think that one of the error's of Stockton's game - is that he did not spread the floor enough by shooting more 3 pointer's...I do not believe Karl Malone to be as good as everyone thinks...I think Stockton could have shot the ball more, and spread it around a little more...THEN...I would be rating both Stockton, and Malone higher...Whether Stockton was intimidated by Malone, or not I do not know...but Stockton had great 3 point percentage, and field goal percentage...he should have shot more...WELL....JASON KIDD has similar stats as Stockton, and shoots more, and won with Nowitzki. „
- 81978#7 on the ultimate list“ Kobe is similar to Michael Jordan; he is an all around player at Shooting Guard. I give Jordan the edge, because I think Jordan is a little better Quarterback, and though they are both clutch, I give the athletic edge to Jordan; making him a little more dependable in my mind in the way of being "unstoppable" for a higher percentage of times with the ball in his hand...HOWEVER, I do like Kobe's 3 pt attempts more than Jordan's lack of attempts as compared to Kobe...and I like Kobe's 3 point percentage as well...I make my list with top player's by position having a big influence on my rating's...HOWEVER, when it comes to a best all around player list; Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron may be in a battle for the 1 spot. Door is not closed for Kobe.
- 91963#8 on the ultimate list“ Olajuwon could debatably be the top Center / Power Foward on this list at the peake of his career. Olajuwon polished his game while in the NBA...If I were rating the best defender; I would give Olajuwon #1 of my top 4 Postman...just edging out the other's on defense....However, he had a slightly higher turnover rate than Robinson, Duncan, and Kareem; and though, I think he was a good teammate; Robinson, and Duncan were able to play together for the best Postman combo, and we were not able to see Olajuwon, or Kareem work with another dominate post player as such...People like to make a big deal about Olajuwon dunking over Robinson, or blocking him; however Robinson's statistics remained
steady against Olajuwon... „
- 101984#15 on the ultimate list“ James is simply an elite athlete, and a smart, and conscientious player. I have him in contention with Larry Bird as the best all time Small Foward. Lebron has an all around game...he is not the most natural perimeter shooter; but he makes good selections; and has wound up with above average percentages from the field goal range, and 3 point line...he is a good foul shooter, and can drive to the basket on a dime; perhaps better, or as good as Drexler, Dominique, Dr J, Jordan, and Kobe...BUT perhaps with more ease than all those guys....Lebron's extra characteristic is that he has many Triple-Doubles which may edge him out over Drexler, Nigue, and Kobe (I think Jordan had quite a few Triple-Doubles) Lebron is a QB winner at SF. „
- 111978#26 on the ultimate list“ Dirk - I think Dirk to be one of the best Offensive forces in the History of the game....Just watch the highlights of him in the Championships against the Miami Heat in 2011...SIMPLY AMAZING....the only thing that stops him from going higher on this list (and 11 is high) - is his Defensive statistics...howbeit his height gives him a good defensive presence....THUS he still make my top 12 cut...I do not see me changing him from this list...as he is such a unique player...as unique an offensive player to me as Kareem Abdul Jabbar; only Dirk will shoot from the 3 point line...and it is almost impossible to block his shots..."As unique an offensive player as Kareem = Nuff Said". „
- 121988#32 on the ultimate list“ I am pretty secure in 10 of my top 12, although some like Kobe, and Lebron are still working to climb the charts...HOWEVER, Kevin Durant I am still reviewing more than other's to be certain I did not overlook anyone; and even Jason Kidd's spot at # 7 I am continuing to review and be certain I did not leave out any statistics in my analysis that might tip the scale toward Chauncey Billups or another top PG to go in that spot....HOWEVER, Kevin Durant seems to have all the intangables, and the wanted stats to fit the number 12 spot of top player's, and is pretty secure as next in line to BIrd, and Lebron at the SF position. He has good size, and can shoot anywhere, and is a good defender. „
- 131938#10 on the ultimate list
- 141934#6 on the ultimate list
- 151936#4 on the ultimate list
- 161950#11 on the ultimate list
- 171938#13 on the ultimate list
- 181961#22 on the ultimate list
- 191975#29 on the ultimate list
- 201960#28 on the ultimate list
- 211976#21 on the ultimate list
- 221972#9 on the ultimate list
- 231976#74 on the ultimate list
- 241982#33 on the ultimate list
- 251965#18 on the ultimate list
items 1 - 25 of 76
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list