- 1Adult contemporary music, Smooth jazz#284 on the ultimate list“ I will let Pat Metheny's anti-Kenny G screed speak for itself. „
- 2Rock music, Blues-rock, Psychedelic rock More#316 on the ultimate list“ I don't dislike Deadheads or hippies, and I've got nothing against mellowing out or taking a nostalgia trip (pardon the pun). But I find the Grateful Dead's music almost unlistenable. I loathe the band for the same reason many other music fans loathe Creed, Nickleback, or 3 Doors Down: their music is offensively soulless. „
- 3Alternative rock, Heavy metal, Alternative metal More#8 on the ultimate list“ The only reason I've ranked Limp Bizkit beneath the Grateful Dead is the unintentional comedy of the Bizkit's music. While the Dead put me to sleep, at least Limp Bizkit can make me laugh and cringe at the same time. I know, I know - we're supposed to believe that Mr. Durst is "hard," "bad," and so on. But honestly, his band's music is so plodding and his persona so stiff, that I can't help myself but giggle in embarrassment whenever a Limp Bizkit song happens to molest my auditory system. „
- 4Dance music, Pop music, Hip hop music More#13 on the ultimate list
- 5#15 on the ultimate list“ I want to like BrokeNCYDE. Seriously. „
- 6Hip hop music, Horrorcore#3 on the ultimate list
- 7Rock music, Hard rock, Jazz fusion More
- 8Rock music, Hard rock, Pop rock More#57 on the ultimate list
- 9Alternative rock, Rock music, Hard rock More#51 on the ultimate list
- 10Rock music, Hard rock, Pop rock More#100 on the ultimate list
- 11Hard rock, Progressive rock, Experimental rock More
- 12Dance music, Pop music, Contemporary R&B More#1 on the ultimate list
- 13Rock music, Hard rock, Heavy metal More#136 on the ultimate list
- 14Rock music, Hard rock, Heavy metal More#258 on the ultimate list“ I have a hard time believing that Mr. Nugent has never been a serious drug user. His politics, his persona - and yes, his music - lead me to believe that he no longer has (or never had?) a second brain cell to rub against the other.
On the other hand, even I will admit that "the Nuge" is a decent, if uninspiring and uninspired, hard rock guitarist. And I try not to hold an artist's politics against him. But the problem for Nugent the musician is, his songs are as dangerously idiotic as the man himself. "Wango Tango"? "Wang Dang"? "Weekend Warrior"? No amount of technical adeptness could save Mr. Nugent's awful, awful music from being...awful.
StarshipRock music#98 on the ultimate list
- 16Alternative rock, Rock music, Hard rock More#417 on the ultimate list
- 17Alternative rock, Rock music, Pop rock More
- 19Alternative rock, Rock music, Pop rock More#53 on the ultimate list
- 20Alternative rock, Hard rock, Pop rock More#180 on the ultimate list“ It's common for competent but generic rock acts to figure prominently on "worst-of" music lists. While I am no fan of Foreigner, Journey, Creed, and so on, I can give them a pass while I pass over their music. No thanks on the Nickleback tickets, but nothing against them, eh?
I'll make an exception and include 3 Doors Down on this list. Why? One word: "Kryptonite." The songwriting's awfulness transcends its dullness - verses burst predictably into choruses, which bounce along like the whitest kid you've ever met, while Brad Arnold punishes us with a string of cliches.
These clowns need to move at least three states down, thank you very much. „
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list