- 1Adult contemporary music, Smooth jazz#186 on the ultimate list“ I will let Pat Metheny's anti-Kenny G screed speak for itself. „
- 2Blues-rock, Rock music, Folk rock More#328 on the ultimate list“ I don't dislike Deadheads or hippies, and I've got nothing against mellowing out or taking a nostalgia trip (pardon the pun). But I find the Grateful Dead's music almost unlistenable. I loathe the band for the same reason many other music fans loathe Creed, Nickleback, or 3 Doors Down: their music is offensively soulless. „
- 3Nu metal, Rap rock, Rapcore More#10 on the ultimate list“ The only reason I've ranked Limp Bizkit beneath the Grateful Dead is the unintentional comedy of the Bizkit's music. While the Dead put me to sleep, at least Limp Bizkit can make me laugh and cringe at the same time. I know, I know - we're supposed to believe that Mr. Durst is "hard," "bad," and so on. But honestly, his band's music is so plodding and his persona so stiff, that I can't help myself but giggle in embarrassment whenever a Limp Bizkit song happens to molest my auditory system. „
- 4Hip hop music, Dirty rap, Pop music More#9 on the ultimate list
- 5Crunkcore#19 on the ultimate list“ I want to like BrokeNCYDE. Seriously. „
- 6Hip hop music, Horrorcore, Gangsta rap More#2 on the ultimate list
- 7Blues-rock, Rock music, Protopunk More
- 8Adult contemporary music, Blue-eyed soul, Pop music More#61 on the ultimate list
- 9Hip hop music, Alternative hip hop, Nu metal More#54 on the ultimate list
- 10Glam metal, Rock music, Heavy metal More#105 on the ultimate list
- 11Rock music, Space rock, Experimental rock More
- 12Pop music, Teen pop, Contemporary R&B More#1 on the ultimate list
- 13Dubstep, Nu metal, Industrial metal More#170 on the ultimate list
- 14Blues-rock, Rock music, Heavy metal More#157 on the ultimate list“ I have a hard time believing that Mr. Nugent has never been a serious drug user. His politics, his persona - and yes, his music - lead me to believe that he no longer has (or never had?) a second brain cell to rub against the other.
On the other hand, even I will admit that "the Nuge" is a decent, if uninspiring and uninspired, hard rock guitarist. And I try not to hold an artist's politics against him. But the problem for Nugent the musician is, his songs are as dangerously idiotic as the man himself. "Wango Tango"? "Wang Dang"? "Weekend Warrior"? No amount of technical adeptness could save Mr. Nugent's awful, awful music from being...awful.
- 15Rock music#109 on the ultimate list
- 16Pop punk, Ska punk, Rock music More#406 on the ultimate list
- 17Rock music, Folk rock, Acoustic music More
- 18Rock music, Grunge, Neo-psychedelia More
- 19Pop punk, Pop music, Rock music More#59 on the ultimate list
- 20Nu metal, Rock music, Acoustic music More#212 on the ultimate list“ It's common for competent but generic rock acts to figure prominently on "worst-of" music lists. While I am no fan of Foreigner, Journey, Creed, and so on, I can give them a pass while I pass over their music. No thanks on the Nickleback tickets, but nothing against them, eh?
I'll make an exception and include 3 Doors Down on this list. Why? One word: "Kryptonite." The songwriting's awfulness transcends its dullness - verses burst predictably into choruses, which bounce along like the whitest kid you've ever met, while Brad Arnold punishes us with a string of cliches.
These clowns need to move at least three states down, thank you very much. „
items 1 - 20 of 20
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list