L The List
- Actor Christian Slater got himself in serious hot water in December of 1994, when he tried to board a plane at New York's JFK airport while carrying an unlicensed pistol (a 9-millimeter) in his luggage. Seriously? Even in the pre-9/11 era, you didn't ever do that. Everyone knew that, right? Except for Slater, I suppose.
He was arrested right then and there at the Delta terminal, charged with criminal possession of a weapon and eventually sentenced (as part of a plea-deal) to three days of community service. Three. Days. For packing heat on a plane.also RANKED
- When the flight attendant tells you to turn off all electronic devices, she really means it. Apparently, while sitting on a plane waiting for take off at LAX, Alec Baldwin refused to turn off his cell phone. Though it is unclear how many times he was asked, he disregarded the request. It actually got to the point that the flight had to taxi back to the gate where Baldwin was removed.
The reason for his refusal to follow FAA guidelines that have been in place since the advent of cellphones?
In Baldwin's defense, it's not every day that you get a chance to play "psychopathology" for a 1026 point score against Barack Obama.
- Naomi Campbell and airports: You just know this isn't going to go well, don't you? In April of 2008, the supermodel went absolutely bats**t crazy on a British Airways flight from London to Los Angeles. She managed to get herself tossed from the plane before it even left Heathrow Airport. What set Ms. Campbell off (this time), you ask? Lost luggage. Uh oh.
Apparently, Campbell's bags were among several that weren't loaded on to the flight. British Airways felt badly – bad enough, even, to send the captain to apologize personally to Campbell. She was having none of it, spouting a long tirade back as she shouted into her cell phone. The tirade ended with Campbell dropping an F-bomb to the captain and calling him a racist ("You wouldn't be doing this if I was white.")
Campbell was escorted from the plane – but not without a (cat) fight. She hit an officer with her cell phone, spat on another, and tried to skewer all of them with her stilettos. She was later convicted on charges of disorderly conduct and assaulting an officer.also ranked#305 OF 389 The Hottest Women Over 40 in 2013#868 OF 1173 The Most Beautiful Women in the World#127 OF 141 The Most Beautiful Women with Small Breasts
- When you gotta go, you gotta go. That, no doubt, was what actor Gerard Depardieu was thinking when he proceeded to urinate on the floor of a CitiJet plane that was about to take off. He'd apparently asked to go – but was told to wait by the crew. To be fair, the plane was delayed on the tarmac. That sucks. That still doesn't excuse the 62-year-old Depardieu for his behavior. Glad I wasn't his seat mate. Really glad.
Was Depardieu actually kicked off of the Paris-to-Dublin flight? CitiJet wouldn't name names, except to say that a passenger, who "appeared inebriated" (you think?!), was "escorted off the plane along with his two traveling companions and their luggage."
CitiJet may not be naming names, but they did issue a kind of public service announcement on Twitter shortly after the incident, saying, "We'd also like to remind all passengers that our planes are fully equipped with toilet facilities..."also RANKED
- #206 on The Best Actors in Film History
- #374 on The Greatest Actors & Actresses in Entertainment History
- Diana Ross made headlines in 1999 when she was detained for several hours for allegedly assaulting a guard at London's Heathrow Airport. Apparently, she was ticked off because a female guard tried to do a full body search on her before she boarded her Concord flight (she'd set off a metal detector, thus, the need for a full search – which is routine. Unless you are famous.) Ross decided she'd frisk the guard right back!
Ross was arrested but later released after the incident.also ranked#39 OF 109 The Female Singer You Most Wish You Could Sound Like#67 OF 151 The Best Pop Artists of the 1980s#91 OF 409 The Best Singers of All Time#106 OF 970 The Greatest Musical Artists of All Time
- Josh Duhamel may look like an all-around nice guy – but looks can be deceiving. In early-December of 2010, Duhamel was reportedly booted off of a flight from New York's LaGuardia Airport. Duhamel reportedly got angry when asked to turn off his Blackberry before take off – like normal, non-celebrity people do. An irate Duhamel "taunted" the flight attendant and was eventually escorted off of the plane by officers.
Duhamel later said he wasn't proud of his behavior, adding that it was "one of those moments that I wish I had back."also ranked#8 OF 64 The Hottest Men Over 40#21 OF 82 The Best Actors to Start Their Careers on Soaps#39 OF 324 The Hottest Male Celebrities#117 OF 250 Famous Men You'd Want to Have a Beer With