- 1When the flight attendant tells you to turn off all electronic devices, she really means it. Apparently while sitting on a plane waiting for take off at LAX, Alec Baldwin refused to turn off his cellphone. Though it is unclear how many times he was asked, he disregarded the request. It actually got to the point that the flight had to taxi back to the gate where Baldwin was removed.
The reason for his refusal to follow FAA guidelines that have been in place since the advent of cellphones?
In Baldwin's defense, it's not every day that you get a chance to play "psychopathology" for a 1026 point score against Barack Obama.
- 2When you gotta go, you gotta go. That, no doubt, was what actor Gerard Depardieu was thinking when he proceeded to urinate on the floor of a CitiJet plane that was about to take off. He'd apparently asked to go - but was told to wait by the crew. To be fair, the plane was delayed on the tarmac. That sucks. That still doesn't excuse the 62-year-old Depardieu for his behavior. Glad I wasn't his seat mate. Really glad.
Was Depardieu actually kicked off of the Paris-to-Dublin flight? CitiJet wouldn't name names, except to say that a passenger, who "appeared inebriated" (you think?!), was "escorted off the plane along with his two traveling companions and their luggage."
CitiJet may not be naming names, but they did issue a kind of public service announcement on Twitter shortly after the incident, saying, "We'd also like to remind all passengers that our planes are fully equipped with toilet facilities..."
- 3Naomi Campbell and airports: You just know this isn't going to go well, don't you? In April of 2008, the supermodel went absolutely bats**t crazy on a British Airways flight from London to Los Angeles. She managed to get herself tossed from the plane before it even left Heathrow Airport. What set Ms. Campbell off (this time), you ask? Lost luggage. Uh oh.
Apparently, Campbell's bags were among several that weren't loaded on to the flight. British Airways felt badly - bad enough, even, to send the captain to apologize personally to Campbell. She was having none of it - spouting a long tirade back as she shouted into her cell phone. The tirade ended with Campbell dropping an F-bomb to the captain and calling him a racist ("You wouldn't be doing this if I was white.")
Campbell was escorted from the plane - but not without a (cat) fight. She hit an officer with her cell phone, spat on another and tried to skewer all of them with her stilettos. She was later convicted on charges of disorderly conduct and assaulting an officer.
- 4Diana Ross made headlines in 1999 when she was detained for several hours for allegedly assaulting a guard at London's Heathrow Airport. Apparently, she was ticked off because a female guard tried to do a full body search on her before she boarded her Concord flight (she'd set off a metal detector, thus, the need for a full search - which is routine. Unless you are famous.) Ross decided she'd frisk the guard right back!
Ross was arrested but later released after the incident.
- 5Actor Christian Slater got himself in serious hot water in December of 1994, when he tried to board a plane at New York's JFK airport while carrying an unlicensed pistol (a 9-millimeter) in his luggage. Seriously? Even in the pre-9/11 era, you didn't ever do that. Everyone knew that, right? Except for Slater, I suppose. He was arrested right then and there at the Delta terminal, charged with criminal possession of a weapon and eventually sentenced (as part of a plea-deal) to three days of community service. Three. Days. For packing heat on a plane.
items 1 - 5 of 11
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list