G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1Louis C.K. sees WHY people are against gay marriage (their religious beliefs, etc., etc.), but goes on to contemplate how in hell they could possibly defend banning it in the actual court system (the absurdity of which was proved in today's decision).
The Daily ShowThe Daily Show always has the smartest, most creative and satirical things to say about any given issue, and their stance on gay marriage rights is no different.
Click here to see Daily Show correspondent Jason Jones give a wonderful exagerration of the "different" gay that exists in Arizona, after the ban on gay marriage went through in the much-boycotted state. He gives a calming speech of relief to people who, if just for a second, thought gay marriage might be legalized in their state.
Ed Helms on The Daily Show right after gay marriage was legalized in Massachusetts, reporting about the "Mass Hysteria" that broke out after it happened.
Prop 8: The MusicalThe wonderful musical that was made in the midst of the 2008 election of Barack Obama, which also saw the passing of Prop 8, which put a ban on gay marriage in California.
The poignant, brilliant and hilarious 3-minute musical stars Jack Black, John C. Reilly, Neil Patrick Harris and more.
And after today's great news, on a personal level, it's great to say that I finally feel like a Californian again, now that they've removed that horrible, horrible ridiculous scar.
- 4At 01:35 Patton Oswalt makes a point about how Repbulicans love gay things, but only when they're on display for their twisted, diluted entertainment.
Marriage Rights Sketch, Pro Gay MarriageThis tactfully done and clever Pro-Gay-Marriage sketch runs a gay couple played by Justin Long and Mike White through the stages of a normal, stereotypically heterosexual marriage -- and goes to show just how miserable it can really be.
- 6Chris Rock makes a great point about the "sanctity of marriage" and how seriously a country that consumes the media it does really takes it.
- 7Jason Stuart, gay stand-up comedian tells us why he doesn't want a civil union or to have a "partner", but he wants a "husband"; and then proposes a pretty fair ultimatum from the gay community.
- 8Lesbian comedian and actress Wanda Sykes goes on a clever rap as to why people even care about gay marriage in the first place, because really, who does it affect but the people getting married?